2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

If coach Malzahn gets a head coaching next in 2012, I think coach Luper or coach Taylor will become our next OC and then we should try everything we can to hire Dameyune Craig as our QB coach.

i don't think so.. 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind Craig as QB coach, but I don't think he's right for our offense as OC. He's an OUTSTANDING recruiter, but aside from that he doesn't fit in with the offensive staff so much. That doesn't mean he isn't a great coach (I actually think he is), and I certainly think he could pick it up quickly while giving the QBs a great deal of insight into how to play the position, especially Kiehl because Craig had such a similar skill set, but I don't really expect to see him take a lateral position, even at his alma mater. He's already coaching with his own position coach from back in the day when he was our offense at a place where they are nearly hand picking their athletes but don't have to play against four or five other teams who are at that same talent level.

I expect him to be the OC at FSU before too long, quite frankly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wee-Man was at the Hueytown vs Ben Russell game tonight. I hate how everybody acts like he is a rockstar.  Hueytown completed their first undefeated season this year and looks like a force in the playoffs.  Jameis is such a talent and I honestly hate he may never play football again if he takes the MLB route. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting indeed.  But weeman can have impermissable contact with Barry Sanders, Jr. at his high school (with photos) and nobody says a word.  The NCAA double standard is glaring.   

Interesting indeed.  But weeman can have impermissable contact with Barry Sanders, Jr. at his high school (with photos) and nobody says a word.  The NCAA double standard is glaring.   

and if you're really tight with him you can get your likeness broadcast on the screen at that dump they call Coleman. :beatmullet:

Last week at the game Saban was there and this Friday nights game against Leflore he had two coaches from LSU at the game.  FSU Coach Jimbo Fisher and Dameyune Craig showed up also.  Jameis didn't have his best game, but they had some guys out and still won easily 36-0. 

So, are we back in on Winston after the Jan '12 ban?

In a letter last October to SEC Commissioner Mike Slive, Auburn attorney William King wrote that Auburn's football staff could not have off-campus contact with Winston until late January 2012.

So, are we back in on Winston after the Jan '12 ban?

In a letter last October to SEC Commissioner Mike Slive, Auburn attorney William King wrote that Auburn's football staff could not have off-campus contact with Winston until late January 2012.

Unfortunately no

not so fast my friend ;)

Even if we were it does not because he is going to play baseball instead after he is drafted.

not so fast my friend ;)

Even if we were it does not because he is going to play baseball instead after he is drafted.

Yeah, someone is going to pay him seven figures, right out of high school, just to take a shot at being the next big thing in baseball. I see no chance that he plays football at the next level.

REC may match any MLB contract plus all the suits and a Charger.

I can just hear PBJ now: "Just think, Jameis: you won't even have to pay taxes on this stuff!!!"

Archived