2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said several weeks ago that if he was a first round selection in the mlb draft, the money would be too good to turn down.  I guess he hasn't heard  :devil: counter-offer yet.  :dunno:

He said several weeks ago that if he was a first round selection in the mlb draft, the money would be too good to turn down.  I guess he hasn't heard  :devil: counter-offer yet.  :dunno:

I think Albetar said that the UpDykes are willing to offer as much as 1,000 suits....maybe ?

did winston announce for the tide or is he going to FSU. I havn't heard anything about his visit to alabama today.

Miles Fomby via Twitter: "I am pretty confident in saying that Jameis Winston will be a Seminole."

https://twitter.com/#!/MilesFomby

1st gunner now this meltdown time.

did winston announce for the tide or is he going to FSU. I havn't heard anything about his visit to alabama today.

Miles Fomby via Twitter:  "I am pretty confident in saying that Jameis Winston will be a Seminole."

https://twitter.com/#!/MilesFomby

Doesn't he want to play both baseball and football, if he goes to college?

FSU seems the better fit for that, if so. I don't see the little one being OK with that.

I am thinking either LSU or FSU. I am guessing he might want to get 1 year of college football/baseball in before he decides if he wants to go to the MLB. I think the JW said that he wanted to go to a college with a good baseball program.

But don't count out the bammers, no telling what they are promising JW if he commits to UAT.

He is a GREAT athlete. IF he decided to play college football, why in the world would he go to alabama as a quarterback. Its just not a hot sell to turn around and hand the ball off, or throw screens.  It will never be an attractive position at Updyke University.

He is a GREAT athlete. IF he decided to play college football, why in the world would he go to alabama as a quarterback. Its just not a hot sell to turn around and hand the ball off, or throw screens.  It will never be an attractive position at Updyke University.

Reality = UAT* is not known for producing, year in and year out, great QB's...

When was their last QB who went on to dominate, or at least was a productive starter, in the NFL????

When was their last QB who went on to dominate, or at least was a productive starter, in the NFL????

I wanna say Richard Todd for the Jets for a short time in the 80s

I don't know.  It may have been Richard Todd.  Played in the league through 1985.   But to be honest, neither of our state schools have put many productive QBs in to the league.    

With the exception of The Mannings, the SEC in general is not a QB feeding ground for the NFL...almost every other position, yes, but not QB.

With the exception of The Mannings, the SEC in general is not a QB feeding ground for the NFL...almost every other position, yes, but not QB.

I'm not sure about that. In the last 7 NFL Drafts, the SEC has produced two # 1 overall picks in Cam and Matthew Stafford, plus Jason Campbell and Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round. All could be NFL starters in 2011.

Whatever became of Jeremiah Masoli? You know, the Oregon QB that was a Heisman candidate. He transferred to Ole Miss and got his head handed to him in the SEC. Pac10--Heisman candidate; SEC--Dog poop. :)

I'm not sure about that. In the last 7 NFL Drafts, the SEC has produced two # 1 overall picks in Cam and Matthew Stafford, plus Jason Campbell and Tim Tebow was drafted in the 1st round. All could be NFL starters in 2011.

I looked around for a list (too lazy to go through the starters myself :P), and ran into one grouping the starters in 2009.  Overall, the starters are distributed fairly evenly among the different BCS conferences, but the SEC did lead with 6 starters.

http://nkysportsworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/nfl-starting-qbs-by-college-conference.html

Whatever became of Jeremiah Masoli? You know, the Oregon QB that was a Heisman candidate. He transferred to Ole Miss and got his head handed to him in the SEC. Pac10--Heisman candidate; SEC--Dog poop. :)

I don't agree with this. Pac10-In an offense he spent 4 years learning, with a talent laden team, in a place he's been living for 4 years. SEC-In a new area of the country he's never been, with out a supporting cast, in a new offense, on a rebuilding team, with unnecessarily high expectations.

Do i think he has serious character issues and never would have made it in the SEC to begin with, yes. But he was not a bad quarterback on skill alone.

I don't agree with this. Pac10-In an offense he spent 4 years learning, with a talent laden team, in a place he's been living for 4 years. SEC-In a new area of the country he's never been, with out a supporting cast, in a new offense, on a rebuilding team, with unnecessarily high expectations.

Do i think he has serious character issues and never would have made it in the SEC to begin with, yes. But he was not a bad quarterback on skill alone.

Which NFL team is he with?

Hope Cam lights it up, but that's a poor example. You can't take a guy who has never had a NFL snap and say the SEC produces pro QBs. Same with Tebow, TBD. Stafford is doing great, and Jason is a quality QB, but that's hardly proof the SEC generates consistent pro quarterbacks.

We haven't had many. Bammer hasn't had many, UK only Couch, Vandy 0, USC 0, LSU - Russell was there only hope...nuff said, UF - tons of great college QBs not many great pro, UGA - prob more than most, Arky 0, UT a couple, MSU 0, Ole Miss - Manning.

Hope Cam lights it up, but that's a poor example. You can't take a guy who has never had a NFL snap and say the SEC produces pro QBs. Same with Tebow, TBD. Stafford is doing great, and Jason is a quality QB, but that's hardly proof the SEC generates consistent pro quarterbacks.

We haven't had many. Bammer hasn't had many, UK only Couch, Vandy 0, USC 0, LSU - Russell was there only hope...nuff said, UF - tons of great college QBs not many great pro, UGA - prob more than most, Arky 0, UT a couple, MSU 0, Ole Miss - Manning.

HELLOOOOOO?!?!? Does the name Jay Cutler ring a bell?

will help make a great jump in the rankings, right up until he signs a mlb contract and cashes a 7 figure check ... (btw, good for him ... i'm sure he worked hard and deserves his success in baseball)

Archived