2013 2* RB Josh Matthews (Tuskegee signee)

400DGRZ

I keep up with recruiting and high school football, so its natural to look for future in-state talent.  I know the 2013 class is a long way off, but Josh Matthews of Decatur High tore it up Friday night.  Any one know any inside info on this kid?  Decatur has a history of producing great players; many D1 and pro guys.

The sophomore ended up with 174 yds rushing with 2 TDs.  He had 106 yds in the 1st half alone.  This is while Decatur's star back is senior Desmond Lavelle, who had 83 yds.  The game was against their fierce city rival as well, so the guys were playing hard and competing.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Matthews-111074

1282974394_0242.jpg

THIS is all I could find on him. I'm sure AU is aware of him an will be recruiting him, as they have recruited Lavelle for a while.

Both of my sons play for Decatur.  Josh is a tough running back that is hard to bring down. He is also a class act, very smart, well mannered, great family.  I know D1 schools are already talking to him.  I have heard that the LSU running back coach is in contact.  He has been a life long Auburn fan.  His dad wears an Auburn cap all the time.  I would love to see him in orange and blue one day. 

Both of my sons play for Decatur.  Josh is a tough running back that is hard to bring down. He is also a class act, very smart, well mannered, great family.  I know D1 schools are already talking to him.  I have heard that the LSU running back coach is in contact.  He has been a life long Auburn fan.  His dad wears an Auburn cap all the time.  I would love to see him in orange and blue one day. 

Great!  Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Go Big Red this weekend! Hope your boys play great but come up short to HHS  :tease:

Another solid performance by the sophomore Matthews in a 34-7 win over Huntsville.  97 rushing yds 2 TDs.

If im not mistakend that is the high school Jerraud Powers played for.

You would be correct. Rolando Mcclain is from Decatur High as well. DHS has produced alot of good talent in all of their sports over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh's sister here.  ;) I'll be working on his highlights from last year and this season starting this fall. He's always been a great kid, and I'm proud to say that even though he is highly spoken of, he always remains humble.

Thank you! Also wanted to say that since Josh and my dad have been Auburn fans since I could remember... you're high on his list. He'll be majoring in Architecture by the way, so I'll be taking an in depth look into that program.

Thank you! Also wanted to say that since Josh and my dad have been Auburn fans since I could remember... you're high on his list. He'll be majoring in Architecture by the way, so I'll be taking an in depth look into that program.

THIS^^ is good to hear! As others have already said, WELCOME, jazz!

Last week vs Sparkman he had 129 yds 2 tds on 25 carries.

HARVEST – There’s setting the tone, and then there’s what the Decatur High football team did to Sparkman on Friday night.

Josh Matthews left. Josh Matthews right. Josh Matthews up the middle.

The Red Raiders didn’t just feed the Senators bits and pieces of the hard-charging sophomore after the opening kickoff, they served them the full-course meal. Matthews carried the ball 12 straight times to begin the game, including all 11 plays in a 77-yard opening scoring drive that culminated with his 10-yard touchdown run.

“We practiced against it all week,” Sparkman linebacker Stephen Hodges said. “But they just jammed it down our throats.”

I'll update his stats for tonights game later.

Seems as though he's keeping up with his weekly averages. Another 2 touchdowns! Decatur is now 4-0 beating Buckhorn 27-7. There were a couple of injured players out tonight, and I feel like Coach Adcock kind of placed a lot of weight on Josh throughout every quarter, except the end of the 4th because of this. Reminds me of his days at OPMS... But one thing I can say about him is that he's unbelievably tough, and strong as an Ox.

You're very welcome!

Oh, and you all can catch next weeks game online right here ----)> http://www.espn1400.info/

Up against Hartselle. And we all know that's going to be a GREAT game. Personally, I'm waiting for them to play Bob Jones.... I'm still pretty salty about last year...  >:(

You're very welcome!

Oh, and you all can catch next weeks game online right here ----)> http://www.espn1400.info/

Up against Hartselle. And we all know that's going to be a GREAT game. Personally, I'm waiting for them to play Bob Jones.... I'm still pretty salty about last year...  >:(

I'm in Fl. does Decatur play Russellville?

Writeup of the game:

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-5940138550671403582/red-raiders-stay-perfect/

The junior RB for Buckhorn is one to keep an eye on as well.  Has had crazy stats the past couple years and started as a freshman.  Roddrick Anderson..he's  got a couple youtube vids.

Archived