TE Brandon Fulse Visiting

AUSportTalk

Brandon is all AU. Our staff has done an amazing job recruiting him. I think he has really fallen in love with AU and has seen his role in our offense become more defined in the last month. We have made MAJOR headway since the beginning of November.

The only way we don't get him is if Miami comes up with a stud for a new head Coach.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon is all AU. Our staff has done an amazing job recruiting him. I think he has really fallen in love with AU and has seen his role in our offense become more defined in the last month. We have made MAJOR headway since the beginning of November.

The only way we don't get him is if Miami comes up with a stud for a new head Coach.

Even then, it wouldn't be a given. That new coach would have to sell Brandon on what his role would be, with some well put together thoughts and ideas. We've given him visual proof of what his role would be.

• 4 weeks later...

Just looked at the video of him on Scout and he couldn't even remember CGC's name when he was listing his upcoming in-home visits (said "the head coach from Auburn..." and the reporter had to fill in the name after he couldn't recall for a few seconds).  Hope it was just jitters, but he handled the rest of the interview well.  He did conclude by talking about the conversations he's had with the new coaches and Miami.

Just looked at the video of him on Scout and he couldn't even remember CGC's name when he was listing his upcoming in-home visits (said "the head coach from Auburn..." and the reporter had to fill in the name after he couldn't recall for a few seconds).  Hope it was just jitters, but he handled the rest of the interview well.  He did conclude by talking about the conversations he's had with the new coaches and Miami.

Not to worry!  ;)

Per Rivals.com 01/02/11:

"It is pretty even, but I would give the lead to Auburn," Fulse said. "I like Coach (Gus) Malzahn, he is a great guy. I like his offense and I feel I can go in there and play early. Beyond that, I just have a great relationship with him. We are cool, can clown around when it is time and when it is time to get serious, we get serious."

"Coach (Gene) Chizik, I love him," Fulse added. "He is a player's coach. He is a winner."

Not to worry!  ;)

Per Rivals.com 01/02/11:

"It is pretty even, but I would give the lead to Auburn," Fulse said. "I like Coach (Gus) Malzahn, he is a great guy. I like his offense and I feel I can go in there and play early. Beyond that, I just have a great relationship with him. We are cool, can clown around when it is time and when it is time to get serious, we get serious."

"Coach (Gene) Chizik, I love him," Fulse added. "He is a player's coach. He is a winner."

Thanks, DJ

Nothing new here, but I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see AU recruiting and signing such great young men. I've seen a couple of videos on Fulse, and he like so many others is a very humble, grateful, and well-spoken young man. Unfortunately that has not always been the case, and I for one am so glad to see it. Thank you to this great staff and WAR EAGLE!

I hope he commits to us soon.

Me too! He ran routes like a reciever in the UA game. Very crisp and looked like he had good speed.

And to think I want him to play defense.  :laugh:

I hope he commits to us soon.

January 21st he will be a tiger.

Is that official now?

No. He is visiting UT on the 21st. It will be the Monday after that.

Archived