Auburn Arena Grand Opening Sold Out

Tiger Growlin

According to an al.com article, the opening is sold out. Only students will be able to get tickets. The game is against UNC-Ashville. Both the women and men's teams will play as well as the Harlem Globetrotters. I think it's great to sell out for the first game. I just hope we can keep it going and make it a hostile place to come in and play. I was hoping to get tickets but looks like I waited to long to get them. Can't wait to experience a game in the new arena.

They aren't playing anyone. The grand opening is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. CT. The Auburn Athletics Department will celebrate the official opening of the $86 million Auburn Arena with a basketball celebration highlighting the men's and women's basketball teams with a special appearance by the Harlem Globetrotters.

Yeah.  You'll just get to watch the two teams' first official practice along with the Globetrotters game if you attend.  It's kind of like the midnight madness events that ESPN televises (or used to, atleast) for the big programs in college basketball.

Guest War Eagle 29

I was lucky. I went on the 'Net yesterday morning and scooped up 4 of the tickets for this event. I have always wanted to see the HGT and what better way to do that than in the grand opening celebration of the new Auburn Arena!

• 2 weeks later...

I know we're distracted with the Arky game, but can anyone report to us on the grand opening Friday night?

I know we're distracted with the Arky game, but can anyone report to us on the grand opening Friday night?

They of course introduced the mens and womens teams. Barkley spoke as did the coaches and so called dignitaries. They had a video presentation from Calipari though not really sure why. Then the Globetrotters and Generals played their usual game. Sounded like a big evening with an energetic crowd and all.

I Thought the best part of the whole opening was Barkley's speech and if any of you who posted on the Charles is an Idiot thread had heard it and hold the same opinion then your the idiot. Btw...the best line was he had had a great  week because of South Carolina beating those blank Alabama :believe:

Archived