WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the question about him qualifying came up in response to his statement about 'hopefully enrolling' at about the 1:40 mark in the video.  He just kind of misspoke - I think as a result of his humble demeanor. 

Seems like a great kid.  Looking forward to seeing him on the Plains.

Mason said no problems...So out of respect to Tre can we please put that one to rest?

I agree I think he just mis-spoke...

He thanked God, his family and his Coaches.  This young man embodies what is an Auburn man.  And he runs a sub 4.4 forty.  Give me 11 guys on one side of the ball who love Auburn like this young man, and we win every time.  May God continue to bless you Tre.  War Eagle.

I think the question about him qualifying came up in response to his statement about 'hopefully enrolling' at about the 1:40 mark in the video.  He just kind of misspoke - I think as a result of his humble demeanor. 

Seems like a great kid.  Looking forward to seeing him on the Plains.

Mason said no problems...So out of respect to Tre can we please put that one to rest?

Exactly.

Agree with what everyone else has said. He's well spoken, polite and humble. Looks like a great young man and a great addition to the team and to Auburn. War Eagle Tre!!  :wareagle:

Conclusion: Look for him to outperform more highly recruited backs. But before this happens he will need to improve his pass blocking. I look for him to be a surprise performer similar to Montel Harris of Boston College.

^This is from Barry Every (the guy who sizes up the prospects on Rivals). Makes me feel better about IC somewhat.

:wareagle::thumbsup:

Not if the score was on the 1600 point scale of reading and math which is what some report.  Then an 830 would equal a 17 ACT.

^^^^^

This .  The NCAA does not use the writing section as part of their determinations of eligibility.  Instead, it uses a sliding scale based on the GPA and the test score.  With an 830, Trey would need a 2.475 GPA in 16 core classes to be eligible.  He reports having a 2.7 GPA on the same website - whether that's an overall GPA score or or only in the core classes is the question.  I'm quite sure the coaches know the answer to that question, however.   

https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/hs/d1_standards.pdf

WDE Mr.  Mason! Welcome to the family. Can't wait to see you in Orange and Blue!!

News Alert --- With Ontario McCalebb and  Tre Mason all in, squirrels residing near or on the AU Campus better be afraid; -- very afraid!

Can you guys even imagine a double slot  formation with Ontario and Tre  on the outside and Dyer in the middle? How do you defend this, with the Offensive line we are bringing in? Scarry!!

...plus Quan and Trovon out wide, capable of taking a reverse or a screen to the house at any moment and Trotter and Kiehl can both beat you with thier feet. Then add the fact that Gus is calling the plays. The sick trickeration he will have with all these playmakers will be fun to watch. This offense is gonna be hard to slow down! The opposing D's will not be able to zone in on one guy, or two guys, or even three guys. Its gonna be exciting. War Eagle Tre! Welcome to the highest powered best coached offense in the country!

been trying to think of who he reminds me of...

Maybe a mix of the Brad Lester and Kenny Irons

Both guys not your proto-typical SEC size of a RB, however, both ran with passion, determination, and great vision.

This is my best in terms of size and running style.  Not saying he is just like him but size, speed, and shiftiness, and ability to catch it out of the backfield. just the first person that came to mind.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jahvid-Best-Richmond-C-7293

Ha!  I hope he's as good as Best!

The thing I think I like about Tre the most so far, is the huge smile he had on his face during his announcement.  You can tell he is truly happy about getting a chance to go to AU.  I think he wil represent the university well.

I don't think he has quite the top-end speed of O-Mac,but he is quicker, has better cutting ability and is more elusive.He also runs w/more power.I think he's a good cross between Dyer and O-Mac.Can't wait to see him on the plains.WDE!!!  :yay:

Archived