WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounded like one of the reporters asked him if there were any concerns about qualifying and he said no, he was anxious to get to Auburn.  Without getting in to any discussions that are not allowed here, can someone just confirm I heard the Q and A properly.  It was tough for me to hear exactly what the question was.

been trying to think of who he reminds me of...

Maybe a mix of the Brad Lester and Kenny Irons

Both guys not your proto-typical SEC size of a RB, however, both ran with passion, determination, and great vision.

This is my best in terms of size and running style.  Not saying he is just like him but size, speed, and shiftiness, and ability to catch it out of the backfield. just the first person that came to mind.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Jahvid-Best-Richmond-C-7293

It sounded like one of the reporters asked him if there were any concerns about qualifying and he said no, he was anxious to get to Auburn.  Without getting in to any discussions that are not allowed here, can someone just confirm I heard the Q and A properly.  It was tough for me to hear exactly what the question was.

That's what I heard too and 4.38 forty.

I watched some video on him form a Google search and he looked fairly fast with good break away speed and some really sharp cuts against the grain.  Seems to have good size for that kind of speed. 

I try not to get too caught up in recruiting but wow I'm glad this kid joined us. He just sounds like a well spoken and well adjusted kid. Welcome Tre!

That's what I heard too and 4.38 forty.

:laugh: :laugh:

I have heard from a lot of different places that the downside to Tre Mason was that he wouldn't qualify.  This amazes me since he is probably in the top 5% in speaking to a group of people.  He seemed to be well organized and pretty intelligent in that little sniplet of coverage for him, it just amazes me that qualifying is questioned for him.

I have heard from a lot of different places that the downside to Tre Mason was that he wouldn't qualify.  This amazes me since he is probably in the top 5% in speaking to a group of people.  He seemed to be well organized and pretty intelligent in that little sniplet of coverage for him, it just amazes me that qualifying is questioned for him.

Qualifying for Tre is not a question. He put that rumor to bed at his press conference.

He appears to be a very nice and well spoken young man.  To me it is just as important for a player to represent Auburn well off the field as he does on the field, and I have little doubt Tre will do just that.

I'd rather have this guy and great guys to block for him than Crowell any day. Honestly. Happy trails to IC, hope it goes well, welcome Tre!

:wareagle:

to all future sec running backs, watch auburn/south carolina games from '10.  pay close attention to the treatment we gave young mr. lattimore.  tre mason chose wisely.

coach chizik said when he got to auburn that he would not just recruit the best players but more importantly the right players. after watching this i get the feeling he is the right player. he is pretty good rb too. i was surprised he said the coaches were done with rbs. is it possible that he just got the commitable offer yesterday when crowell backed out? or did he decide to commit when he found out crowell backed out.

I think the question about him qualifying came up in response to his statement about 'hopefully enrolling' at about the 1:40 mark in the video.  He just kind of misspoke - I think as a result of his humble demeanor. 

Seems like a great kid.  Looking forward to seeing him on the Plains.

Archived