Coach Dye lays into Refs from Kentucky game

tsande07

"I was told the officiating crew in Lexington is the same one that the SEC suspended last year. It looked like the officials where trying to take over the game and that should never happen. "

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1010886.html

Wow, that just about says it all.

P.S. I know we have several related threads.  I feel this goes beyond what has been said so far, but Mods - feel free to merge if necessary.

"I was told the officiating crew in Lexington is the same one that the SEC suspended last year. It looked like the officials where trying to take over the game and that should never happen. "

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1010886.html

Wow, that just about says it all.

P.S. I know we have several related threads.  I feel this goes beyond what has been said so far, but Mods - feel free to merge if necessary.

Great quote - terrible job officiating at UK ...one of the worst I have seen in a while - and as you all know, we have seen some bad ones over the last few years in the SEC....not sure how the best conference in the nation can have so many bad refs....not all, but we have more than our share of duds....

BRAVO Coach Dye ! I agree they were the WORST so far this year. Let's just hope we never see them again !!

But HEY, 107 other programs wish they were where AU is, AU is still UNDEFEATED !!!

:wedance:

They definantly kept them in the game.

If a coach on the staff criticizes the officials, the coach get a big fine.  That being said, why not have someone with a little clout do the criticizing without fear of retribution from the SEC commissioner?  Great strategy if you ask me.  Coach Dye can go on the radio today and make headline grabbing quotes about the terrible officiating and Slive can't do anything about it.

If a coach on the staff criticizes the officials, the coach get a big fine.  That being said, why not have someone with a little clout do the criticizing without fear of retribution from the SEC commissioner?  Great strategy if you ask me.  Coach Dye can go on the radio today and make headline grabbing quotes about the terrible officiating and Slive can't do anything about it.

Isn't Coach Dye still an employee of the University?  If so, it could cause problems. 

Isn't Coach Dye still an employee of the University?  If so, it could cause problems. 

I have heard Dye several times over the past ten years that he does not work for Auburn University. I believe him. If he worked for Auburn Tommy Tubberville would not have been able to keep him out of practices and off the sideline.

Archived