All things rankings

ellitor

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to me like that if something weird doesn't happen we will end up between 7 and 9. A really good class with the exception of LBs.

The max we likely get is 5 w/ the rest of the spots going to GTs or a much better 2017 class.

The rankings never impress me. What I look for is are we getting quality players in positions of need.

That's just my opinion.

Does anyone know what the highest rated class we have ever had?

It's all voodoo crap if you ask me.

Yep.....we try to have it both ways it seems....if our scores (stars) look good and give us a high rating everyone is happy and yet, if some kid we sign is a 3* someone immediately defends it by saying they trust the coaches more than some rating service.

Meanwhile it seams that neither the rating services nor the coaches are very able to evaluate what really counts in the long run...will, toughness, leadership, and a few other personal characteristics.

We will know how good this class is in 2018 or so.

Short answer why we are so low with Scout (I think # 13).

Short enough!!! LOL

Some people will just never learn. Team rankings don't mean everything down to a T but they are a significant predictor in winning big. Every SEC Champion going back to 2000 had top 10 classes leading up to their title year. We can't find team rankings before 2000 but it is very likely if their were team rankings before then The SEC Champ would likely have top 10 national classes leading up to the championship year going all the way back to the early 1960s.

Since the 2000 BCS game the national champ had top 10-12 class leading up to their title run. Every runner up except Mike Vick's Va Tech had top 10-15 classes leading into the title game.

3000 kids are evaluated & ranked every year. There is no way to get them all right. However on the classes as a whole if you want to win big you better be in or close to top 10 in team rankings.

Archived