All things rankings

ellitor

^Your overall point remains valid, but you seriously undersell some of those players. Daniel Carlson, for example, is as good at his position as there is in the SEC. Rudy Ford is a very good safety. Marcus Davis does a lot more than "play some". Etc...

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually only follow recruiting the weeks leading up to NSD, so forgive my ignorance. I see AU is currently #28 in 247 Composite team rankings. Ouch, not getting much hope outta that. We've been in the top 10-15 so much the last 5 yrs or so I am shocked we've fallen off the board. Hopefully we are in on some big ones, because our staff is loaded with big time recruiters and we are in desperate need of fresh talent virtually at every position.

We are low in team rankins because we only have 11 commits right now. That's tied for 80th in the nation in number of commits. Quality of recruits is much more important than number of recruits. In that stat we are #8 in the nation w/ an 89-98 average rating. We will sign about 24 this year.. Unless they are all 3*s we are on pace to finish in the top 10 in team rankings.

^Your overall point remains valid, but you seriously undersell some of those players. Daniel Carlson, for example, is as good at his position as there is in the SEC. Rudy Ford is a very good safety. Marcus Davis does a lot more than "play some". Etc...

I'll concede that, but a handful of guys from a full class that even remain with the team let alone being impact players is part of the reason this season is occurring. Again, fully acknowledge that signing a decent class as a new coach coming off of a 3 win season is no small task. I give the staff credit for their efforts. It's just where we are.

I'll concede that, but a handful of guys from a full class that even remain with the team let alone being impact players is part of the reason this season is occurring. Again, fully acknowledge that signing a decent class as a new coach coming off of a 3 win season is no small task. I give the staff credit for their efforts. It's just where we are.

Agreed.

I usually only follow recruiting the weeks leading up to NSD, so forgive my ignorance. I see AU is currently #28 in 247 Composite team rankings. Ouch, not getting much hope outta that. We've been in the top 10-15 so much the last 5 yrs or so I am shocked we've fallen off the board. Hopefully we are in on some big ones, because our staff is loaded with big time recruiters and we are in desperate need of fresh talent virtually at every position.

It's not even close to February. We'll be fine.

Thanks, I'll calm down now. Lol

We are low in team rankins because we only have 11 commits right now. That's tied for 80th in the nation in number of commits. Quality of recruits is much more important than number of recruits. In that stat we are #8 in the nation w/ an 89-98 average rating. We will sign about 24 this year.. Unless they are all 3*s we are on pace to finish in the top 10 in team rankings.

Now that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks Ellitor.

• 4 weeks later...

Kyle Davis' commitment moves us up to the #10 recruiting class in the country. If we get Antwuan Jackson and Keir Thomas very soon then we could move to #6.

Imagine that, even with a below average season on the field...

Some of us have said it numerous times. Current seasons rarely have a real effect on a recruiting class unless there is an HC or major coordinator change.

Some of us have said it numerous times. Current seasons rarely have a real effect on a recruiting class unless there is an HC or major coordinator change.

Keep working on that sarcasm detector, e.

Keep working on that sarcasm detector, e.

Not needed. BCSI is smart. I knew he was being tongue & cheek. The post was for those fans who still believe current seasons matter, & there are a number of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're firmly in the top 10 for the composite 2016 class rankings with Davidson and Jackson committing ... for now.

Having a hard limit of 25 (I believe) this cycle may hurt us in the end. But we're looking at some really good players in this class. Need more OL and LBs, but what a crop of WRs seems possible (not to mention DL).

We have got to do better than Ole Miss. I do not understand why any recruit above a 4 star would even stop and take a leak at OM, better yet go there.

We should never be behind them in recruiting. This is one thing that I cannot figure out. I can name all body parts and could still do surgery if there is no latex within 50 feet, but am dumbfounded concerning OMs recruiting success.

We have got to do better than Ole Miss. I do not understand why any recruit above a 4 star would even stop and take a leak at OM, better yet go there.

We should never be behind them in recruiting. This is one thing that I cannot figure out. I can name all body parts and could still do surgery if there is no latex within 50 feet, but am dumbfounded concerning OMs recruiting success.

HUGH FREEZE is the reason. Good coach, better person, kids relate to him as do their parents/guardians. Their athletic department administration is one of the best in the SEC. Ole Miss is on a building spree with their facilities in all sports and Freeze has made it abundantly clear he is staying at Ole Miss. A lot to like is you're a recruit.

HUGH FREEZE is the reason. Good coach, better person, kids relate to him as do their parents/guardians. Their athletic department administration is one of the best in the SEC. Ole Miss is on a building spree with their facilities in all sports and Freeze has made it abundantly clear he is staying at Ole Miss. A lot to like is you're a recruit.

Literally laughing at the "good coach, better person" portion of this comment. Freeze is the most crooked head coach in the SEC, including Saban, and it's not even close. Dude is a scumbag.

Literally laughing at the "good coach, better person" portion of this comment. Freeze is the most crooked head coach in the SEC, including Saban, and it's not even close. Dude is a scumbag.

Do you know him personally?

That's the kind of statement that needs to be backed up with facts and examples. There are plenty of on the record examples of Saban being a scumbag... I've yet to hear one of Freeze being even a mildly bad guy.

Gus loves him, so what does that say about Gus?

That's the kind of statement that needs to be backed up with facts and examples. There are plenty of on the record examples of Saban being a scumbag... I've yet to hear one of Freeze being even a mildly bad guy.

Agree. Please support your dumb opinion with facts. Freeze? You kidding me????

Nothing.

I love a lot of guys who are saints ...

I also love a lot of guys who are really scum bags ... But they are my friends so I love them ...

I think I'm still an ok dude.

I'm just saying this. These coaches recruit against each other and know exactly what goes on at each school. If Freeze was cheating (or a scumbag) I don't think Gus would be publicly singing his praises like he does. Plus Gus & wife socialize with the Freezes. Richt can't stand Saban because he knows Saban cheats (as do other coaches) and you don't hear anyone (other than media and bama fans) talking about what a good human being he is. I've never heard one word of negativity about Freeze.

• 4 weeks later...

Freeze is a good Christian man and I know this for a fact. I have a lot of relatives who live in NE Mississippi and are big OM fans. We give each other heck, but at the end of the day, we still love each other and agree to disagree.

Freeze spoke in my first cousins church a few weeks back and I was able to watch this and came away impressed. Freeze and Gus are great friends and would never do anything to harm each other's program.

With this being said, I still have no love for Ole Miss and want them to lose 10 games each season. (turds & Arky as only wins)

Archived