Frank Thomas HOF (Merged Threads)

Frank Thomas was elected into the Baseball HOF. He will go in with Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Joe Torre, Bobby Cox, and Tony Larussa. Hell of a class! Congratulations Hurt!! War Eagle!!!!

1465106_679320985424655_792088622_n.jpg

Congratulations to Auburn's own, Frank Thomas, on his selection into the Baseball Hall of Fame! Thomas will become the first player from Auburn and first player from the SEC inducted.

• 521 career HR

• 5-time All-Star

• Back-to-back AL MVP (1993, 1994)

The Big Hurt is a Hall of Famer. Welcome to Cooperstown!

Congrats Frank and well deserved. I watched him play a lot of baseball when I was a student. An aluminum bat was a scary thing in his hands. Few pitchers wanted to throw to him.

I am also glad Frank got in and some of the steroid users are still waiting.

Congrats Frank and well deserved. I watched him play a lot of baseball when I was a student. An aluminum bat was a scary thing in his hands. Few pitchers wanted to throw to him.

I am also glad Frank got in and some of the steroid users are still waiting.

I hope no juicers ever get in.

Just saw, and I find this hard to believe, Hurt is the first SEC baseball player to make the HOF. (I can't believe Will Clark isn't in yet)

First SEC player to get in, but not the first player from an SEC school (guys got in who played college before the SEC formed).

• 6 months later...

Really nice short version of Franks HOF speech. Wait for the BIG War Damn Eagle at the end.

Gave me chills. Thanks for sharing.

Archived