New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love to see the long term plan for Auburn includes input from so many alumni architects/engineers.

Believe in your product!

Jethro is finally figuring it out...listen to (Auburn) people who know what they're talking about and turn those ideas over to (Auburn) people who can get the job done.

If he can't be a double naught spy he may as well be a decent AD.

I love to see the long term plan for Auburn includes input from so many alumni architects/engineers.

Believe in your product!

I feel as though the most common thing was the brick facade of the stadium. That almost is inevitable if he says they take into account the fans word.

Just thought I'd drop in and note this thread has over a quarter million views, carry on. ;)

:au: :au: :au: :au:

WTG Rob! There are some websites that wont get 250K hits during their entire existence.

You just got 250K views on one thread.

Of course, 240k of those views were from the same 15-20 of us clicking refresh 20 times an hour during construction. :dunno::whistle:

LOL, that's true. But when you think how long it will take for the Aubietron to get that many in-person views, it sort of puts it into perspective.

Three games?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep -- I'm dumb ... somehow I added another zero or two in there somewhere or something.

:-[

Just thought I'd drop in and note this thread has over a quarter million views, carry on. ;)

:au: :au: :au: :au:

WTG Rob! There are some websites that wont get 250K hits during their entire existence.

You just got 250K views on one thread.

Of course, 240k of those views were from the same 15-20 of us clicking refresh 20 times an hour during construction. :dunno:/> :whistle:/>

LOL, that's true. But when you think how long it will take for the Aubietron to get that many in-person views, it sort of puts it into perspective.

Three games?

Yep -- I'm dumb ... somehow I added another zero or two in there somewhere or something.

:-[

Old men, like me, are funny sometimes. :big:

http://www.sportingn...a-thursday-game

Auburn huge scoreboard debut: Students can watch South Carolina vs. UNC

How big is the Auburn scoreboard?

It's so big that the university decided it would host "Student Night" at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Thursday and show the South Carolina vs. North Carolina game to kick off the season.

http://www.sportingn...a-thursday-game

Auburn huge scoreboard debut: Students can watch South Carolina vs. UNC

How big is the Auburn scoreboard?

It's so big that the university decided it would host "Student Night" at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Thursday and show the South Carolina vs. North Carolina game to kick off the season.

It will also be a good test run of the screen with a live audience.

I'm guessing that's exactly why they're doing it.

I think it is an Awesome idea. As someone else has already mentioned, I wish I could be a student again.

And this is huge investment...something that ought to be used for the benefit of students and fans more than just a half dozen times a year. I gather that the Thursday Night at the game will be a standard event.

I think it is an Awesome idea. As someone else has already mentioned, I wish I could be a student again.

And this is huge investment...something that ought to be used for the benefit of students and fans more than just a half dozen times a year. I gather that the Thursday Night at the game will be a standard event.

Hmm. My response sounded awfully cynical. I completely agree with both of you. We had some discussion over the summer about them showing movies on it from time to time and giving students free admission. Heck yeah. Jordan-Hare as stadium, booze-free sports bar and movie theater. I love it.

They should do it again for the Kentucky game.

Could we make ours all yellow to match the goal posts so the kicker wouldn't be able to see the top? I am sure that wouldn't be legal, but sure would be distracting!

Just wondering what are the bounds of good sportsmanship for scoreboards? What would cross the line enough that the NCAA would feel compelled to get involved?

Flashing single-frame subliminal messages (WIDE RIGHT, CHOKE) would probably be effective, but would likely invite a new rulemaking.

Replaying video of that kicker's missed attempts during a timeout to "ice" the kicker seems entirely fair.

I don't know if that gopher was on screen during the actual kick. If so, that would probably be banned. I think almost anything is fair game as long as there's a static image once the ball is in play.

I LOVE the *idea* of distracting the opposing kicker with this new toy we have but, if I'm being honest, I'd say we should blank the screen during kicks (that is, when the players are getting set and kicker is lining up pre-snap all the way through the kick) for both teams.

Now, *before* the play, or during an "ice" timeout, yes, I'm all for a little taunting.

I LOVE the *idea* of distracting the opposing kicker with this new toy we have but, if I'm being honest, I'd say we should blank the screen during kicks (that is, when the players are getting set and kicker is lining up pre-snap all the way through the kick) for both teams.

Now, *before* the play, or during an "ice" timeout, yes, I'm all for a little taunting.

This.

Archived