New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

For the love of God Please no!!!! Then there would be a hundred pages full of crap crying about hi - jacked threads

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked a pizza up on Magnolia and the scoreboard is lighting campus up. So bright. The stadium is completely blue. If there was a way to turn the light off for an entrance, Auburn, would automatically have the superior entrance in all of sports. The whole stadium would turn blue and they would have the smokes and sparklers. Epic!

I just picked a pizza up on Magnolia and the scoreboard is lighting campus up. So bright. The stadium is completely blue. If there was a way to turn the light off for an entrance, Auburn, would automatically have the superior entrance in all of sports. The whole stadium would turn blue and they would have the smokes and sparklers. Epic!

I'm hearing my mom tell me not to sit too close to the screen...

:laugh:

Now those last two past...... That is awesome. I wonder how much of that lighting is from the screen, and how much is from the new banners. That would be cool if they used the stadium as a night light show throughout the semester.

A lights off entrance definitely needs to happen! Too bad Oregon doesn't have the biggest video board in CFB with those new glow in the dark uniforms lol

I walked outside my apartment a little after 9 and thought it was crazy that there was still light in the sky. Then it changed colors & I knew what it was. Awesome light show in the Auburn sky tonight!

A lights off entrance definitely needs to happen! Too bad Oregon doesn't have the biggest video board in CFB with those new glow in the dark uniforms lol

For safety reasons, I highly doubt they'd do a lights off entrance.

Another thing to hit on... I'm assuming that the AU on the backside of the video board doesn't light up. That's unfortunate.

Another thing to hit on... I'm assuming that the AU on the backside of the video board doesn't light up. That's unfortunate.

Safety is one reason. The other is that you want everyone in the stadium looking at the team, not the video board.

Y'all think the folks in the raptor center are freaking out about what this is going to do to flight patterns of migratory birds?

I still wanna know when they're gonna show the original Star Wars trilogy on that thing.

Safety is one reason. The other is that you want everyone in the stadium looking at the team, not the video board.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about just for like the intro video after the band is in position and before the team takes the field. Similar to how NBA teams do their team introductions. It doesn't take away focus from the team, it actually brings attention. Lights will be off, but the video board, right above the team, will draw attention. But, as I previously stated, I think it will yield more safety problems than necessary, so they probably won't do it. But, just imagine if they let the away team take the field, and THEN they did that. They would ave to be intimidated.

Archived