New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Is it frustrating to any one else we spend $14M on a new video board and then when it comes down to the "details" we say screw it, and throw a tarp up?

Yes, very frustrating.

I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but the cheap looking tarps, are a little ridiculous, when it comes to a $14M project!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why they don't pressure wash the concrete inside the stadium? I've wondered this before, in general, but even more so now that the scoreboard is up. The front facing shot from the North end zone really makes the seating area diminish the glory of the scoreboard, IMO.

Does anyone know why they don't pressure wash the concrete inside the stadium? I've wondered this before, in general, but even more so now that the scoreboard is up. The front facing shot from the North end zone really makes the seating area diminish the glory of the scoreboard, IMO.

I'm pretty sure that they do. They were removing bleachers so that they could pressure wash the areas underneath them.

I'm pretty sure that they do. They were removing bleachers so that they could pressure wash the areas underneath them.

Interesting, tks! Just doesn't look like it I guess.

IMG_1067.jpg

Is it frustrating to any one else we spend $14M on a new video board and then when it comes down to the "details" we say screw it, and throw a tarp up?

Yes, very frustrating.

I realize you can't please all the people all the time, but the cheap looking tarps, are a little ridiculous, when it comes to a $14M project!

I find it funny and little ironic that one of the adds on the banner ads on the AUfamily page was for tarps. ;D

Yes, very frustrating.

I find it funny and little ironic that one of the adds on the banner ads on the AUfamily page was for tarps. ;D

Yeah, but did you click-through?! The ads are our friends! :big:

Geez that is one small arse clock ....

Relatively speaking of course. I mean everything is small in comparison, the goal post is even small compared to Aubietron. I wonder how tall those numbers really are, 4 feet maybe ?

I asked my girlfriend about it and she said clock size isn't important.

I asked my girlfriend about it and she said clock size isn't important.

she lied...oh wait! You said CLOCK

Also, If we keep the hedges trimmed it should look adequate.

*patiently awaits warning PM from mods...*

Wait, what? Ohhhh. I see what you did there. Anyways, back to the clock. It has to be like 8-10, err feet high. Right?

I'll be disappointed if you catch any grief for such a well crafted joke.

Wait, what? Ohhhh. I see what you did there. Anyways, back to the clock. It has to be like 8-10, err feet high. Right?

The clock has a glitch. It goes from six to twelve* every time they turn the screen on. Also, your handle rocks.

*Thanks, Barnacle!

Who will be the first opposing coach to complain that the new video board is a distraction? Mullen - Miss St

How many complaints from opposing coaches about the new video board being a distraction this season? Mullen, Saban, Saban, Saban, Saban.......

Who will be the first opposing coach to complain that the new video board is a distraction? Mullen - Miss St

How many complaints from opposing coaches about the new video board being a distraction this season? Mullen, Saban, Saban, Saban, Saban.......

Ooh I like this topic idea. Ok I'm gonna go with richt complains first then Saban Saban Saban

You guys are killing me !!!

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

Maybe it's just me.... but does the baby blue bring to mind a 12 pk of light beer ? :puke:/>

"Say hey to your mom for me..."

Now, that's a Momma joke.

best thread hijack yet this offseason :popcorn:

Ooh, we should have a competition. It would be like a playoff or a runoff, except for hijacks. What would we call it, though?

Archived