New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

A lights off entrance definitely needs to happen! Too bad Oregon doesn't have the biggest video board in CFB with those new glow in the dark uniforms lol

For safety reasons, I highly doubt they'd do a lights off entrance.

Another thing to hit on... I'm assuming that the AU on the backside of the video board doesn't light up. That's unfortunate.

Safety is one reason. The other is that you want everyone in the stadium looking at the team, not the video board.

Shouldn't of built a board that big if they wanted that lol. I can bet u that over 50% of the people in the stands will be looking at the board for most of the game, more than they will be the players on the field. Secondly it's pretty sad that people couldn't handle like a minute or so of just video board illumination and would get hurt in the process.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lights off entrance definitely needs to happen! Too bad Oregon doesn't have the biggest video board in CFB with those new glow in the dark uniforms lol

For safety reasons, I highly doubt they'd do a lights off entrance.

Another thing to hit on... I'm assuming that the AU on the backside of the video board doesn't light up. That's unfortunate.

Safety is one reason. The other is that you want everyone in the stadium looking at the team, not the video board.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about just for like the intro video after the band is in position and before the team takes the field. Similar to how NBA teams do their team introductions. It doesn't take away focus from the team, it actually brings attention. Lights will be off, but the video board, right above the team, will draw attention. But, as I previously stated, I think it will yield more safety problems than necessary, so they probably won't do it. But, just imagine if they let the away team take the field, and THEN they did that. They would ave to be intimidated.

This. Then when the players line up at the tunnel and are ready to run out after the pump up the lights come on again

I guess we would be called on the carpet for it, but it would really mess with the mind of a placekicker if he was facing the screen and we put up a picture of the goalposts and had it moving around on the screen!

I guess we would be called on the carpet for it, but it would really mess with the mind of a placekicker if he was facing the screen and we put up a picture of the goalposts and had it moving around on the screen!

If we did it against Bama (not that their FG kickers need help missing FGs), you can be sure Nicky would be screaming for another rule change.

If we did it against Bama (not that their FG kickers need help missing FGs), you can be sure Nicky would be screaming for another rule change.

I think it is safe to say we don't need to mess with the uat kickers. B)

Ooh, nice.

Ooh, nice.

Bazinga!

While Aubietron is amazing. I'm a bit worried about its affects on our own players. Receiving and kicking game, especially at night. Would hate to lose the next prayer in Jordan-Hare because our receiver was watching himself on tv

Ooh, nice.

and cowbell's for State ?

This would be good to run on the video screen for opponents kicking toward the south goal posts...........

Ooh, nice.

and cowbell's for State ?

Can't have them in JHS I thought? Oh please say no...

Side note: it's absolutely idiotic that Mississippi State doesn't work "Hell's Bells" somewhere into their pregame buildup. Or maybe they do. I guess it's really not of consequence at all, now that I think about it. Sorry, carry on.

Side note: it's absolutely idiotic that Mississippi State doesn't work "Hell's Bells" somewhere into their pregame buildup. Or maybe they do. I guess it's really not of consequence at all, now that I think about it. Sorry, carry on.

They haven't heard of that song yet over there. Right now, they're having a fight between the old timers and the youngsters over that new "dirty" song, The Twist.

They haven't heard of that song yet over there. Right now, they're having a fight between the old timers and the youngsters over that new "dirty" song, The Twist.

Bwahahaha

So they've moved on from Camptown Races?

Geez that is one small arse clock ....

Once you see it in person, you wouldn't want it any bigger.

I don't know; we don't want to be clock blocked.

HAHAHAHA

Went to Starkville last season, They wore it out during the game. they wore out the "I gotta fever, and the only thing that will cure it is more cowbell" stuff too.

Does anyone have any video of the sound being tested? I heard they were going to start testing today with essentially static tv noise

A video of the sound being tested? Hmmm :-\ ......

Does anyone have any video of the sound being tested? I heard they were going to start testing today with essentially static tv noise

A video of the sound being tested? Hmmm :-\/> ......

Yes. Videos can capture sound of i recall correctly.

A video of the sound being tested? Hmmm :-\/> ......

Yes. Videos can capture sound of i recall correctly.

Yes-and in those cases we refer to it as audio

Archived