New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Does anyone have any video of the sound being tested? I heard they were going to start testing today with essentially static tv noise

A video of the sound being tested? Hmmm :-\/> ......

Yes. Videos can capture sound of i recall correctly.

Yes-and in those cases we refer to it as audio

Its only going to sound as good as the speakers in the device you're listening with......maybe that was obvious to you. Sorry if so.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any video of the sound being tested? I heard they were going to start testing today with essentially static tv noise

Yes. I'm pretty sure videos capture sound as well as picture.

Yes. Videos can capture sound of i recall correctly.

Yes-and in those cases we refer to it as audio

Ok. Does anyone have a video of the board with sound being emitted? There

No, microphones capture sound. A video recording does not necessarily include audio. :dunno: :-\

No, microphones capture sound. A video recording does not necessarily include audio. :dunno:/> :-\/>

Dang we are picky on here

No, microphones capture sound. A video recording does not necessarily include audio. :dunno:/> :-\/>

Does this mean we have been mistaken in calling them music videos? Seems like it should be "video of performance coupled with an audio recording of music." What about the hype video that plays before the game? That includes sound, but the term video doesn't necessitate that. Sounds like we're going to have to change the way we refer to all of our recordings, audio and visual. We all have you to thank for this paradigm shift!

This thread has just gone to s*** with all the talk about video and audio. Who really cares? Everyone knew what the guy was implying when he asked if there was a video capturing the sound on Saturday. Should've just answered his question, and continue on with something relative to the thread as a whole.

Photos up on AUF's Facebook. Knew it was coming... wish the potato chip and coca-cola ads weren't 1/6th the screen...

Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track, but I don't know where this mysterious picture is that you are talking about. Because it isn't on the Auburn Football Facebook page.

This thread has just gone to s*** with all the talk about video and audio. Who really cares? Everyone knew what the guy was implying when he asked if there was a video capturing the sound on Saturday. Should've just answered his question, and continue on with something relative to the thread as a whole.

Photos up on AUF's Facebook. Knew it was coming... wish the potato chip and coca-cola ads weren't 1/6th the screen...

Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track, but I don't know where this mysterious picture is that you are talking about. Because it isn't on the Auburn Football Facebook page.

AUF=AUFamily.

AUF=AUFamily.

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification.

I mean, that's only some of the time. I like it either way.

Here's the board filled with replay

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMdk-IhXAAAoGj7.jpg

And with stats, etc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMeFOc_WwAEqMc6.jpg

Also, I don't know that particular "Noise " graphic will be used. It may just be a default image they wanted to use

Man- that first picture makes one thing obvious: Haley Center has to go.

In due time. Parker is a project they'll work on first, then Haley, then more than likely the coliseum. But there are definitely plans for all of these.

I think overall the scoreboard was a great addition. One thing I would have done differently is bricking the endzone. That facade could have looked better. But still very happy.

I know the n. endzone is coming down and getting a better facade, but is there any work being planned for maybe upgrading the east exterior? It doesn't match the west..

Also, when was that brick facade built on the west side?

WAR EAGLE!

I think overall the scoreboard was a great addition. One thing I would have done differently is bricking the endzone. That facade could have looked better. But still very happy.

I know the n. endzone is coming down and getting a better facade, but is there any work being planned for maybe upgrading the east exterior? It doesn't match the west..

Also, when was that brick facade built on the west side?

WAR EAGLE!

Nothing has been finalized for the stadium as a whole. The focus is of course the north endzone the next couple of years, but I think projects like the brick facade of the south endzone will be thrown in there as well, and maybe even other projects.

Archived