2016 4* RB Carlin Fils-Aime (Tennessee commit)

ellitor

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Kerryon Johnson:

What offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee had to say: "He's more than a scat back. He's an every down playmaker. Kerryon is one of those guys that has (Darren) McFadden-like ability, when you look back at guys that Tim (Horton) and I and coach (Malzahn) have all coached, a guy that can really do it all. He's big enough, he's athletic enough to be an every down back, he can play receiver, he can probably take snaps at quarterback. Obviously Darren McFadden would've been a great safety as well. Don't get it wrong, Kerryon Johnson is playing on offense but he's one of those guys that has extreme versatility and we view him as a running back but he's also one of those guys that we think can be an explosive playmaker.

And that's...

giphy.gif

...no small potatoooooooes.

I'd say we have 4 legit RBs, 2 legit FB/HBs and somebody in this class who qualifies as one or more of those categories. So I think we are okay. What we don't really know is if our coaches agree. We don't know how much effort or desire they have invested in this RB class. Maybe they really did get the guy they really wanted, they really don't think they need another guy, have moved on to the next class, etc.

Maybe they'd rather fill that spot with another linebacker!

Who left the door cracked and let the noob in?

Regarding Kerryon Johnson:

What offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee had to say: "He's more than a scat back. He's an every down playmaker. Kerryon is one of those guys that has (Darren) McFadden-like ability, when you look back at guys that Tim (Horton) and I and coach (Malzahn) have all coached, a guy that can really do it all. He's big enough, he's athletic enough to be an every down back, he can play receiver, he can probably take snaps at quarterback. Obviously Darren McFadden would've been a great safety as well. Don't get it wrong, Kerryon Johnson is playing on offense but he's one of those guys that has extreme versatility and we view him as a running back but he's also one of those guys that we think can be an explosive playmaker.

And that's...

giphy.gif

...no small potatoooooooes.

I'd say we have 4 legit RBs, 2 legit FB/HBs and somebody in this class who qualifies as one or more of those categories. So I think we are okay. What we don't really know is if our coaches agree. We don't know how much effort or desire they have invested in this RB class. Maybe they really did get the guy they really wanted, they really don't think they need another guy, have moved on to the next class, etc.

Maybe they'd rather fill that spot with another linebacker!

Who left the door cracked and let the noob in?

You tried to tell me the other day to leave the comedy to others. I should have listened.

So who on the team now plays that speed back role?

Good question. ROC maybe? Think the coaches would burn Kerryon's redshirt?

KJ will play this season. No doubt.

2015- Robinson, Thomas, Barber, Johnson, Pettway

2016- with the exception of Robinson, all the above will be back and we add Miller. Robinson could even decide to come back too.

If you sign top RBs every year, eventually you are going to hit on a year where good recruits might not like the competition. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing in a given year as long as you load up the next.

So who on the team now plays that speed back role?

Good question. ROC maybe? Think the coaches would burn Kerryon's redshirt?

No question about that. KJ is gonna play.

2016- with the exception of Robinson, all the above will be back and we add Miller. Robinson could even decide to come back too.

If you sign top RBs every year, eventually you are going to hit on a year where good recruits might not like the competition. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing in a given year as long as you load up the next.

This, and outside of 2-3 guys, the 2016 RB class is very 'meh'. CFA would be a take based on speed alone.

Still would prefer to stick w/ Miller, and keep who we have.

This, and outside of 2-3 guys, the 2016 RB class is very 'meh'. CFA would be a take based on speed alone.

Still would prefer to stick w/ Miller, and keep who we have.

Basically what I was trying to say, but you guys actually said it well. It was so simple too...

This.

So why is MM rated a 3 star?

Because he's underrated......sounds smartass but also true.

He's a three star because he's the number one FB on 247's composite. No FB is going to be a 4* plain and simple. Not because he's underrated. If he was rated as an RB I wager he'd be a solid 4*.

He's a three star because he's the number one FB on 247's composite. No FB is going to be a 4* plain and simple. Not because he's underrated. If he was rated as an RB I wager he'd be a solid 4*.

Yep

Yep

He also hasn't played a down at RB at his new weight. It will be an interesting senior season to keep an eye on, from both a production and ranking standpoint.

JMO...but I find it hard to believe that that our only "RB" commit will be a FB...nothing against MM.

MM plans on playing RB not FB.

JMO...but I find it hard to believe that that our only "RB" commit will be a FB...nothing against MM.

MM plan on playing Arab not FB.

Always hard to find a guy to fill that Arab role.

Yep

He also hasn't played a down at RB at his new weight. It will be an interesting senior season to keep an eye on, from both a production and ranking standpoint.

835 yds, 13 TDs in the 2013 playoffs when KJ was hurt. New weight or not he can play RB. Obviously, time will tell but he's shown how productive he can be when he's given the opportunity.

Yep

835 yds, 13 TDs in the 2013 playoffs when KJ was hurt. New weight or not he can play RB. Obviously, time will tell but he's shown how productive he can be when he's given the opportunity.

Wasn't questioning his ability to play RB, just stating that he has done so at a much heavier weight than what he will next year. Not saying that it will be better or worse, just making a general statement. As well as he played at a heavier weight, he might be world class at 215. We'll see.

Archived