Not Gonna Say Much

lsuj2006

at least your coach had the class to say the call was correct.

"I'm not criticizing the officials. It's just a tough -- kind of a cheap way, cheap penalty -- to end up losing the game on."

-Nick Saban

"I gotta give them the win," said LSU defensive end Marcus Spears, asked if he considered it more an LSU loss or an Auburn victory. "They lined up against us and played hard."

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looser

Define please.

I've read this, and all the other threads, from the LSU fans whining about the PF on the extra point. I realize this will fall on deaf ears, but think about this. Saban knew about the new 'leaping' rule. In fact, he stated he voted against it. So did he call the whole team together and explain the new rule to them. Or did he just tell them about the new rule, then told them just to ignore it, because he voted against it, and since he's the 'God of college coaches', it wouldn't be called against the LSU team, because he's the 'God of college coaches' and he voted against it.

AU had two chances to violate that rule yesterday. But they chose to obey the rule. Had they chose to violate the rule, as LSU did, because it wouldn't be called on LSU, because Saban voted against it, and because he is the 'God of college coaches', then AU would have been whistled, and LSU would have gotten a second chance to make their extra point.

The blame doesn't lie with the ref's (they were just doing their job). The blame lies on the back of Prude (or whoever) commited the violation, and the Special team coach who is in charge of the kick blocking team, and then ultimately, Saban AKA the 'God of college coaches'

But you LSU'ers cannot accept that. Because Saban is the 'God of college coaches', he would never field a team that was not fully schooled on the rules. He would make sure that every player knew the rules and obeyed them.

A win is a win is a win. And a loss is a loss is a loss. Whether it be by 1 point or 100 points. Look at the polls that came out several hours ago. They show that AU won, LSU lost and now AU is a top ten team and LSU is in the next group. I watched every play of the game twice. Once live at the stadium, and then this morning on the taped version I made while the game was going on. I did not see a superior LSU team. I'll even go as far as to say I didn't see a superior AU team. I saw two evenly matched team duking it out til the bitter end (or sweet end, according to which color you were wearing).

But you LSU'ers have developed that bammer attitude. Even in a loss, you are still superior and have the better team. Ever think that last year was a fluke and the real LSU showed up at the OSU and AU games. From what I saw, you better get used to the Ls in your schedule, because there are more coming.

War Eagle 10-9 isn't it sweet!!!!!!!

Ever think that last year was a fluke and the real LSU showed up at the OSU and AU games.

:bs:

Stupid statement of the month.

Ever think that last year was a fluke and the real LSU showed up at the OSU and AU games.

Agreed. You can't be a fluke for 13 games. Last year LSU earned it. Well, half of it, anyway. ;)

I'll also agree that LSU was for real last year. That was just one last jab because of the LSU whining. But are the officials supposed to call the game, or be selective and subjective as to what calls to make and which ones not to make? They are there to call penalties, not become a close up viewer just because they like football. Whether the penalty is on the first play of the game or the last, a penalty is a penalty.

You guys are blaming the officials. Well is that is the case, every losing team in every game that has ever been played has a legitimate gripe with officiating. Some go for you. Some go against you. Some may affect the outcome of the game, and some do not. Just one last point. If you watch basketball, you know that there has never been a player that actually commited a foul. Evidently the refs were 'just out to get him'.

Again, blame the loss on Prude, the Special Team coach, and then Saban. Not the refs.

You know....

There is not one piece of credible fact that would cause someone to say that despite the loss, LSU is still better.

Thats nothing but purple and yellow sour grapes.

Your players did what you said they would, Caddy and Ronnie were outstanding and Campbell did just enough to not lose the game.

I know you're a regular corndog around here but from just reading your second sentence I know I don't need to read the rest of your drivel in this post.

Campbell won the friggin game for us. Thanks anyway kid. Good luck the rest of the year to your tigers.

give me a break man! what the heck did you do that was better than us? i'd love one thing.

your defense didn't force a turnover, our's did. your starting qb got pulled b/c apparently your coach doesn't think he's any good and your back up was less than 50% from the field with an int. our starter hit a higher percentage AND led the game winning drive. you had the leading receiver, but we passed for more yardage (by 2 i think). you had more rushing yards (by 9 i think), but we had the 2nd and 3rd leading rushers in the game and you had 5 more attempts. we had more sacks, and we forced more turnovers.

where in all that does it even begin to look like lsu played better? you had 7 WHOLE YARDS MORE than us so your offense must have dominated, right? you had the ball for 40 seconds more so you controlled the line, right? why can't you just accept that when two teams play that evenly it's the team that makes the plays to win the game that played better? that comment must've been a joke.

If you want to play stats:

Alley Broussard: 84 yards on 10 carries

"Caddilac" Williams: 75 yards on 18 carries

Weak stat

Important stat:

Au 10

LSU 9

I'm goin back to the original post about how our fans weren't loud. I had terrible seats on the 5th row of section 28, couldn't see very well but felt a big part of the action, I thought we were pretty loud, not as loud as Florida in 2001 and UGA in 2002 but pretty loud. A buddy of mine sat up in the upper deck and he didn't think we were very loud at all, what were other people's take on the crowd noise, of course we were loud after the 4th down catch and the td but what about the 3rd downs for LSU was the stadium as loud as it usually is?

looser

Define please.

from earlier post: "Caddilac" Williams: 75 yards on 18 carries

before you start correcting other people's spelling you may want to correct your own.

by the way, its "Cadillac" brother

The stadium was dead silent at times-I think our band had alot to do with it. It seemed at times like they were to busy watching the 1/3 size LSU band to play during tv time outs. I was really disappointed with our band-this was a very big game and we really needed to get the crowd into it.

But are the officials supposed to call the game, or be selective and subjective as to what calls to make and which ones not to make?

Valid statement of the month. I agree. No- :bs:

LSU lost, and they are 2 games down in the West. LSU did not outplay AU. However, AU did not outplay LSU. They just capitalized when it counted.

It just agrivates me that Prude could have done NOTHING, in fact, the whole LSU 11 could have just sat there, and that PAT still wouldn't have been good.

Bottom line, AU won. Thanks for the good time, except that moron that hit us with the pompom. <_<;)

Your players did what you said they would, Caddy and Ronnie were outstanding and Campbell did just enough to not lose the game.

I know you're a regular corndog around here but from just reading your second sentence I know I don't need to read the rest of your drivel in this post.

Campbell won the friggin game for us. Thanks anyway kid. Good luck the rest of the year to your tigers.

I would agree about that if we were talking about just the last drive. But in the span of the game, Campbell did not win it for AU. He showed poise and leadership when it counted, but nothing spectacular.

I would agree about that if we were talking about just the last drive. But in the span of the game, Campbell did not win it for AU. He showed poise and leadership when it counted, but nothing spectacular.

But what happened in the last drive? He won the game. This would equate to winning the game for us, obviously more than "did just enough not to lose the game."

Listen kid, I'm not expecting you to come over here and give credit to our 5th year senior QB that played with more heart than ever...but enough with the BS. The game's over. We won. You lost.

Bottom line, AU won.

Man, am I ever out of place.

:poke: :roll:

Oh ok...so why wasn't your original post only 4 words long? Should we edit it for you so as to save time for everyone? :roll:

But what happened in the last drive? He won the game. This would equate to winning the game for us, obviously more than "did just enough not to lose the game."

Listen kid, I'm not expecting you to come over here and give credit to our 5th year senior QB that played with more heart than ever...but enough with the BS. The game's over. We won. You lost.

LSU couldn't do much after the initial drive, and Auburn couldn't do much until the final drive, and there was just a whole lot of smash mouth football in between.

To end the game on a penalty is not how I would have chosen, but its just like last year, had we beat Fla. we would not have split the title, and had we made our extra point, things might have been different. We didn't take care of business and AU did.

AU has been very gracious winners, I just wish some of ours were better losers.

Great game (War Chickens) you deserved the victory!!!!!! ;)

... To end the game on a penalty is not how I would have chosen, but its just like last year, had we beat Fla. ...

The rules prevent a game from ending on a penalty. This game didn't end on a penalty. It ended on an interception and then, JC taking a knee to run out the clock. Cliff Notes version of the game: :au: wanted it more.

Yeah, great point loggerhead. The game ended when JC took the knee after Rosegreen shut the door on a promising LSU drive.

Hey LSU fans, welcome back to planet Earth.

However, AU did not outplay LSU. They just capitalized when it counted.

hmmm. Capitalized when it counted = outplayed.

I haven't said anything about coach satan, errrr saban, but with the incessant whining, I'm going to now. He sure was a classy guy when they were winning wasn't he? Now that they show some chinks in the armor, he is showing his true colors. He's just as sore a loser as the rest of the corndogs. Even after the osu game he got real testy with the media. What a puss.

I got home today ready to congratulate the lsu fans on a well played game and wish them luck........Now you can all kiss my *** and I hope you lose every game you ever play, from now on, in any sport, no matter who you play. You people are a pile of trash and an embarrassment to the SEC.

However, AU did not outplay LSU. They just capitalized when it counted.

hmmm. Capitalized when it counted = outplayed.

I haven't said anything about coach satan, errrr saban, but with the incessant whining, I'm going to now. He sure was a classy guy when they were winning wasn't he? Now that they show some chinks in the armor, he is showing his true colors. He's just as sore a loser as the rest of the corndogs. Even after the osu game he got real testy with the media. What a puss.

I got home today ready to congratulate the lsu fans on a well played game and wish them luck........Now you can all kiss my *** and I hope you lose every game you ever play, from now on, in any sport, no matter who you play. You people are a pile of trash and an embarrassment to the SEC.

Don't hold back dude, tell us how you really feel.

Archived