Keith Brown (Alabama ) injury

quietfan

http://www.al.com/sportsflash/alabama/inde...orylist=alabama

Alabama's Keith Brown injured

10/2/2004, 8:33 p.m. CT

The Associated Press   

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama receiver Keith Brown injured his left shoulder late in the first half of Saturday night's game against South Carolina.

Brown lay on the sidelines for several minutes while players from both teams watched from the field. He gestured to the cheering crowd as he was carted off the field on a stretcher and coach Mike Shula said the tests all came back OK.

Brown's status for next week's game at Kentucky is unclear.

Shula said linebacker Juwan Garth hurt his left shoulder and is expected to miss "a couple of weeks."

Brown, a freshman receiver, smashed into a short fence a few yards outside the end zone after trying to catch a pass from Marc Guillon while running full-speed toward the left sideline.

So it was only a shoulder? (...not to make light of that) The way his head hit and bounced the fence and the long time he was on the ground, I was really afraid it was a broken neck.

Prayers for him and his family in any case.

I thought his face hit the wire on the top of that fence, and one of the trainers pointed to his own eyes as if to gesture that was the injury. I guess I misinterpreted it also, I was afraid he had a facial laceration or eye injury. I'm glad it wasn't too serious. I hate to see these kids get badly hurt. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

The way he hit with his head, and layed there for so long, many were thinking it was a spinal injury. Glad he'll be ok. That impact looked ugly.

Thank God it isn't more serious. I have to say, at the time it looked to me like he hit the fence only with his shoulder and the collision (on a chainlink fence with give) did not look violent at all in football terms. I was really surprised and concerned when he didn't move for that long. I'm disappointed to see some Bammers on this board already tring to get mileage out of his injury by saying that factored into the loss...at home...against South Carolina. I'm waiting for the "motivational angle" they tried to use when Britt got hurt last year...you know, the one with his fist pumping the air, just before they went 4-7?

Thank God...as a mother of two boys I can tell you it is not fun to watch your sons being carried off of a :football: playing field...I am thankful that is was not anything more serious....

WDE!!

Karen :au:

It was really a scary moment. I think the injury was a stinger. From what I understand, it can make you lose feeling in your legs momentarily (in some situations).

But it was eerie how quiet the stadium was. Ill tell you this, I have nothing but respect for lou holtz and his staf...rounding up his entire team as they took a knee in prayer on their side of the field.

As for me trying to say that is the reason we lost...no. We got beat. Until we get our QB situation straightened out, we will continue to get beaten. (see miami dolphins)

But it DID take the wind out of our sails. And Guillon DID have a decent first half save the one pick.

At this point, we are happy that KB is alright. To see a guy get his head stabilized as the cart him off of the field ...and to know that his mom was there...is a scary moment.

We can poke at each other as much as we want too, but we are certainly human.

I was a bit unsettled for the kid myself. That was a hard landing. Maybe they will look at the railing deal and move it or something.

Thank God for the outcome. As for Lou, he is a class act all the way. I can't see myself pulling for the Gamecocks all that much (all I hear in SC is USC and Clempson), but he has instilled some big time pride down there. He's on the hot seat a bit, but he is to be commended for building a solid performer that was once a doormat for the SEC.

Archived