Arik Armstead

ellitor

have seen discussions of him playing OT and DE ... thought i read that he wants to play DE.  i know we here on AE have discussed him as an OT.  curious ... rivals lists his 40 as 5.1 ... does he have the speed to play DE in the sec, even on the strong side.  plus, 6'-8" is an awfully tall DE.  Most are around 6'-4" with a few outliers up towards 6'-6".  I dont want to research elite college and nfl DE that may be taller.  thoughts?

seems destined for OT whether he realizes it or not. 

Ted Hendricks, the Mad Stork, was a pretty good DE at 6'9".  Quickness in the first two steps is more important than 40 speed for a DE.

True. I looked at Lemonier's 40 time coming out of high school. I wasn't very good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought of "too tall", but could not readily think of any others ... jones was a pretty good one!  he helped make those cowboy teams of the 70's and 80's fun to watch.  (my football hero growing up was Howie Long)

I seem to remember Peppers giving us all we wanted in our bowl game.  I love to have one just like him.

Armstead isn't close to Peppers when it comes to athleticism.  He doesn't have that fluidity that makes a great DE.

Kid should realize his future is on the OL.  I hear those tackle spots pay out pretty good in the NFL...

@JHokansonJustin Hokanson

RT @AuburnRivals: BIG NEWS: Rivals100 DE, nation's No. 29 overall prospect plans a visit to Auburn

Per Rivals: "Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove, Calif.) four-star DE prospect Arik Armstead has taken four official visits, and could take his fifth and final one this weekend. The Rivals100 recruit has tentatively scheduled an official visit to Auburn..."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Arik-Armstead-99535

WDE !!!

RT @AuburnRivals: BIG NEWS: Rivals100 DE, nation's No. 29 overall prospect plans a visit to Auburn

Per Rivals: "Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove, Calif.) four-star DE prospect Arik Armstead has taken four official visits, and could take his fifth and final one this weekend. The Rivals100 recruit has tentatively scheduled an official visit to Auburn..."

WDE !!!

I just want to say great job to our coaches for beating out Texas to get his last visit!  :wedance: Remember guys, he is an EE so we have to hit a home run this weekend to get him.

What are the REAL chances of him signing with us? it would be really huge if we could.

50%

Beat me to it. :banghead:

Very excited to have AA coming for a visit!! Reel him in coaches!

Big Bird, just curious what makes you think 50% ? From what I am hearing, he will stay out on the west coast. Arik is just enjoying taking his visits.

The good ole law of 50%-50%.

Percentage he signs with us: 50%

Percentage that he signs elsewhere: 50%

Post often cat. Bird's humor is unmatched.  :thumbsup:

Big Bird, just curious what makes you think 50% ? From what I am hearing, he will stay out on the west coast. Arik is just enjoying taking his visits.

Ask Bird what are the chances of:  the sun coming up tomorrow, winning the lottery, aliens walking among us, that you can roll snake eyes three times in a row.  The answer will be 50%, 100% of the time. 

WDE !!!

I just want to say great job to our coaches for beating out Texas for his last OV!  :wedance: Remember guys, AA is an EE so to get him we have to hit a home run on this visit.

I just want to say great job to our coaches for beating out Texas to get his last visit!  :wedance: Remember guys, he is an EE so we have to hit a home run this weekend to get him.

Good salesmen always want to be the last one to meet with you before you make a decision...

What are the REAL chances of him signing with us? it would be really huge if we could.

50%

Work always makes me late to the party!

That was my line bird and you know it!

:pcprobs:

50%

Since when did you have rights to Bird's catch phrases?  :tease:

50%

Well, I have a sexier pic.  Its gotta be worth something...  ;D

50%

Sexier pic? Then where is it and who did you take the pic of? :tease:

<---------RIGHT HERE

50%

Sexier pic? Then where is it and who did you take the pic of? :tease:

Archived