THE ASYLUM

bigbird

We had a sick child so most of my plans for got put on hold. My little buddy and I did make her Breakfast in bed. He told her he did it all by himself, the little con artist.  :laugh:

Yeah, got the tiller, needs a little work but this thing is a hoss.  :hellyeah:

While trying not to repeat myself, gee wonder where he got that? :laugh:

:-\                                                                          :laugh:

Superb greeting ;D

Morning Barney, isn't this weekend your trip weekend? :dunno:

I'm thinking you might like the Gregg Allman book, "My Cross to Bear". History amuck, Eric Clapton, Grateful Dead, Duane, Bill Graham, Fillmore, Fillmore East and so much more. Reminded me of an old band joke. What's the difference between a pig and a musician? The pig will not sleep with a musician. Dayum the tonnage of drugs :o

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Morning boys!  After an incredibly fun weekend, Monday has drawn back her fist and punched me square in the mouth. Am I bleeding?

Glad we aren't skyping. Busy weekend eh? Did you have a good mothers day? ;D

Jenks,  ;D About 20 ish more pages and I'll be finished with it. Loved the ABB when I was just a kid(that's my story and I'm sticking to it :cool:) so it was way cool to read about the albums and players I loved as a kid. At least it was interesting to me. :dunno: IE, like for instance how and what led to Duane learning slide so well. Good look inside the music biz back in the day too. Not a lot different now. :laugh:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

My plans for the day got shot right out of the sky.  :laugh:  I just found out about 20 minutes before taking the kids to school that it is awards day at the high school.  They have a phone messaging system, wonder why they didn't use it? I spent the rest of the morning trying to find out what time the thing starts. Typical Monday.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

MD was very nice.  62, we ate at Wintzell's per your suggestion.  Very good, thanks! Got to be with the family and even the bride and groom showed up before leaving for their honeymoon.

Blue Sky, Melissa, Midnight Rider , Dreams, Ramblin Man and Whipping Post, seriously those songs have stood like a brick wall and some of them for almost 40 years or so. Great sections of pics too, some from people who are very young that have played with and or offspring of the various members at times. Oteil Burbridge, Derek Trucks, Oakley's kids. Those guys play all over the place and Oteil used to play with my bro in laws band before he passed away. Lot of very personal history of this area with people, places, Muscle Shoals the Ham etc. Nah I didn't like it at all :rolleyes:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Oysters, what else?  :laugh: The honeymooners are going to Destin.  They know someone who has a condo there.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I found a Diet Coke in the fridge so things are looking up.  Headed to awards day, catch ya'll later.  Be good or be good at it.  ;D

TT, yes, the trip is this weekend. Hopefully it will be a good one. I have been swamped at work lately, and I haven't had much time to plan anything out.