2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he is a bama commit but he did visit this weekend. Do we have any shot?

There is always a chance.  I don't think he makes a visit if there wasn't some interest on his part. 

I think a lot of them visit because they get special attention and a free game any week-end they want. From what I've read he is a lock to the bad guys. However until he signs his LOI there is always a chance.

Our coaches are recruiting geniuses.  I figured out the motive behind the poor defensive performance and possible questionable LB play.  Kwon Alexander, Javy Mitchell and Reuben Foster, all top rated LBs were visiting. The coaches made it look like we really need quality LBs to come in and play immediately. 

Pure genius!!!    ;D

Color me shocked that this guy visited us.  His comments after his Bama commitment made me think he was very solid to them.

At the advice of his mother, he is going to be taking several more visits to multiple schools, so that he can "keep his options open just in case". What I gather from that is that he is just covering himself in case lil' nicky were to leave ua or something drastic like that. He says that he's been to bama like 13-14 times, and that he didn't want to get "burned out" on it. So now he plans to come to several more AU games and visit other schools as well. He is cousins with Ladarious Phillips and very close friends with Erique Florence and his former HS teammate Quan Bray... so anything could happen, but he's still pretty solid to bama at this point unfortunately.

Color me shocked that this guy visited us.  His comments after his Bama commitment made me think he was very solid to them.

At the advice of his mother, he is going to be taking several more visits to multiple schools, so that he can "keep his options open just in case". What I gather from that is that he is just covering himself in case lil' nicky were to leave ua or something drastic like that. He says that he's been to bama like 13-14 times, and that he didn't want to get "burned out" on it. So now he plans to come to several more AU games and visit other schools as well. He is cousins with Ladarious Phillips and very close friends with Erique Florence and his former HS teammate Quan Bray... so anything could happen, but he's still pretty solid to bama at this point unfortunately.

Good advice from his mother.  Wish more recruits had this advice.

Maybe there is a bigger shot with him after all.

WDE !!!

This is not new information, but to me it is strange (1) that he made all those previous visits to the dark side while having the AU ties that you mentioned and (2) that he seemed in a hurry to commit.

Our coaches are recruiting geniuses.  I figured out the motive behind the poor defensive performance and possible questionable LB play.  Kwon Alexander, Javy Mitchell and Reuben Foster, all top rated LBs were visiting. The coaches made it look like we really need quality LBs to come in and play immediately. 

Pure genius!!!    ;D

Well that sure does explain a lot.  :thumbsup:

Seems a little odd to me that none of our 2013 commits are ranked yet, no one is for that matter. But let bammer get a commit and he's already a 5 star. Am I missing something? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seems a little odd to me that none of our 2013 commits are ranked yet, no one is for that matter. But let bammer get a commit and he's already a 5 star. Am I missing something? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2013 recruits won't be evaluated until they are seniors.  There are some unofficial rankings out there but not from the big three services. 

247 has already released a lot of their 4 and 5 stars for 2013. (They have Foster as a 5*)

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Ranking/247/2013/Football

How is it that he has so many ties to Auburn and he's already such a solid commit to UA? They have so many linebackers and we're obviously hurting for linebackers. If Kwon goes there too...you have to wonder what's going on there.

It probably has more to do with the fact that UAT is putting LBs in the NFL and this Auburn staff hasn't proven they can do that.  But, in their defense, this is their third season and Coach Tuberville only left a couple of LBs.  The LBs this staff has recruited are still young. 

I believe Kris Frost and Cassanova are signature recruits, imo.  Just my opinion, I believe we have recruited good prospects at LB, they need some time and experience.  We just haven't had the best of luck in Lbs....Curry left, Frost injured, Rah Rah has been injured and just getting back into action, Owens has been moved to DE, and we have some redshirting (Landrum, Frost, and Swain).  The future looks to be in good hands.

We really need Owens to buy into being a linebacker. We've got a whole lot of defensive ends, he needs to play LB. He or Craig Sanders. I don't care what you guys say, I think Sanders would make an adequate linebacker with his motor and power. I realize he's a little big, but I don't mind that. Do we really think Bates is that much better than Sanders could be? Maybe Sanders doesn't make it there as much as Bates does...I bet he wraps up most of the time. I am not necessarily saying Bates is bad so much as I'm saying give Craig a chance and Owens please give it a shot man. We need you this season.

We really need Owens to buy into being a linebacker. We've got a whole lot of defensive ends, he needs to play LB. He or Craig Sanders. I don't care what you guys say, I think Sanders would make an adequate linebacker with his motor and power. I realize he's a little big, but I don't mind that. Do we really think Bates is that much better than Sanders could be? Maybe Sanders doesn't make it there as much as Bates does...I bet he wraps up most of the time. I am not necessarily saying Bates is bad so much as I'm saying give Craig a chance and Owens please give it a shot man. We need you this season.

Owens was passed over by Bama, because he is an undersized DE, we promised Sanders (when he was committed to Bama) that we'd play him with his hands down. 

Owens was passed over by Bama, because he is an undersized DE, we promised Sanders (when he was committed to Bama) that we'd play him with his hands down. 

That does not mean we can't play him some at Linebacker. I don't see the problem with that and the same goes with Owens. Would it be worse than what we've got right now? I'm not saying it has to be permanent either. It doesn't even have to be all season. But, it needs to happen some. We are so thin at Linebacker. I would think the kids wouldn't mind doing something like that periodically for the team. Kodi Burns certainly bought in completely and he is admired and loved by Auburn people for it. Auburn is paper thin at linebacker. Your arguments still don't defeat that and offer no better solution.

We are really hurting at LB. I think Craig would be an immediate impact guy at LB myself. Frost injury really hurt us. Kris was a 5* for a reason. He's gonna be a good one.

We are really hurting at LB. I think Craig would be an immediate impact guy at LB myself. Frost injury really hurt us. Kris was a 5* for a reason. He's gonna be a good one.

We aren't that bad at LB.  It's not a dire emergency.  The talent is there.  We just don't have that much experience.  The only way to get experience is to play and learn.  Mistakes will be made.  Why put another inexperienced person there who will have to learn the position.  There is alot more to playing LB than being fast and going after the ball carrier. 

We aren't that bad at LB.  It's not a dire emergency.  The talent is there.  We just don't have that much experience.  The only way to get experience is to play and learn.  Mistakes will be made.  Why put another inexperienced person there who will have to learn the position.  There is alot more to playing LB than being fast and going after the ball carrier. 

I still think Sanders would be a great fit. I just feel like we could keep him on the field more.

Idk, LB is a top priority right now. Experience will come, sure, but we need depth. We need to fix that depth issue with some talented LBs. Holland is probably our best LB right now. He's a true-soph. I think we'll be fine after our 2012 guys are on the AU depth chart. Cass, Javi, possibly Kwon (i think Foster is a long shot)would make up Chiziks best LB class yet.

Archived