2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

I really want White as I've stated in numerous posts in this thread and the Elite 11 thread. Since I was the first to say we should offer do I win a prize if he commits?

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want White as I've stated in numerous posts in this thread and the Elite 11 thread. Since I was the first to say we should offer do I win a prize if he commits?

Yep...an outstanding QB prospect, committing to your school, is your prize.

Yep...an outstanding QB prospect, committing to your school, is your prize.

Yes it is, yes it is! I can see him just slinging darts all over JHS. He has the heart of a champion and that can't be taught. He has won multiple State Championships in the state of FL!! Not South Dakota or Vermont HS football either. He had to throw at two different Elite 11 pre-camps before getting one of the final invites. After the first he went home and put in work. Then showed up in Columbus OH and showed Dilfer enough that he was invited. (I don't believe Dilfer was at the first camp he threw at) I read in an article that he knew if he could just get in front of Dilfer he would be invited.

IMO at this point we should drop Watson and make White our 1B with Harris being 1A. If Harris commits to LSU then we should go full speed ahead for White.

To go into that event as a 3* with that pressure and come out as #1 speaks volumes. I want to know what type leadership the kid has. If he rates high as a leader I think we should give him a scholly and continue to recrute the QBs Gus was after in the first place. Drew Brees is short, but a tough leader with nothing but success. I think about Tubs passing on Phillip Rivers over his throwing motion and his fire and leadrership was NC States gain. White might be motivated by that 3* rating like Randal Cobb was at KY and is the first 3* I feel good about reeling in if we can.

War Eagle !

IMO at this point we should drop Watson and make White our 1B with Harris being 1A. If Harris commits to LSU then we should go full speed ahead for White.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

I'm thinking the exact same thing.

I noticed for AU's target list, that 247 has now dropped Watson from a "top target" down to a "high choice". They also have White down as scheduled to go to Wisconsin on 7/8.

I guess he can kiss that 3* rating goodbye huh ?

Not sure. He is already a 4 * on ESPN. 247 did their best to give White very little attention and they did not have White as a yop performer going into the 7 on 7 tourney.

E, do you know what his interest level is in Us. I know he plans on visiting. Has he named his top schools?

Answered at the bottom of this post.

I'd rather offer this kid now and get a commit asap and potentially chase 2 other big name qb's after. If we put him on the back burner and go after the big 2 we could potentially miss on all 3. Also with JJ looking like the guy after Marshall's (2?) years I think those big name QB's will be put off. The 5 stars always seem to go to a place where they can compete immediately.

Soon... We'll find out next two weeks. I don't mind to have BH or SW commits to Auburn.

We may not know but don't you think the Coaches will have a pretty good idea of where things stand on both of them by Tuesday or Wednesday ?

The coaches will know by the time White visits the end od this coming week.

I'd rather offer this kid now and get a commit asap and potentially chase 2 other big name qb's after. If we put him on the back burner and go after the big 2 we could potentially miss on all 3. Also with JJ looking like the guy after Marshall's (2?) years I think those big name QB's will be put off. The 5 stars always seem to go to a place where they can compete immediately.

Soon... We'll find out next two weeks. I don't mind to have BH or SW commits to Auburn.

We may not know but don't you think the Coaches will have a pretty good idea of where things stand on both of them by Tuesday or Wednesday ?

Yeah, White is not scheduled to visit until Thursday or Friday. CGM won't be back in Auburn until Wednesday.

Yeah, White is not scheduled to visit until Thursday or Friday. CGM won't be back in Auburn until Wednesday.

is he duck hunting? :)

Ahh, I had thought it was Monday and Tuesday when I made my post. Thanks

Kinda hard for Gus to eval White's throwing session on a Monday or Tuesday unless it is skyped, given Gus is out of the country til Wednesday.

FWIW despite what 247's timeline says Auburn will be White's first visit after the Elite 11, not Wisky.

Kinda hard for Gus to eval White's throwing session on a Monday or Tuesday unless it is skyped, given Gus is out of the country til Wednesday.

Yah it would be, but really ? Did you read my post ?

It would be, but really ? Did you read my post ?

Yes and based on the whole quoted conversation it reads to me you thought White was visiting Monday or Tuesday. My post was not a shot at you. Just apparently a bad attempt at sarcastic humor.

Does he compare to AM over at Thuga?

Pretty much as far as size and leadership. Murray is accurate as well. I'm not sure about their motions and arm strength, maybe a QB guy could help us out?

Does he compare to AM over at Thuga?

Pretty much as far as size and leadership. Murray is accurate as well. I'm not sure about their motions and arm strength, maybe a QB guy could help us out?

kk would be the one to ask that ? to.

The coaches will know by the time White visits the end of this coming week.

It would be, but really ? Did you read my post ?

Yes and based on the whole quoted conversation it reads to me you thought White was visiting Monday or Tuesday. My post was not a shot at you. Just apparently a bad attempt at sarcastic humor.

Ahh, well you don't kid that often so it's hard to tell at times. No harm no foul.

Ahh, well you don't kid that often so it's hard to tell at times. No harm no foul.

For future reference I have put all our personal issues aside. I respect and enjoy you on the board too much.

Archived