2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

Thanks. I just don't follow recruiting that closely and didn't know that these summer things played such a factor in these rankings. That aspect seems very flawed to me IMO. It seems no different than the NFL combine, except they apparently carry much more weight in the ranking of players at this level.

It usually does not have that type of effect. White's is a unique case. Outside of ESPN, recruiting sites had not even looked at White's film til he was MVP of the Miami Nike Camp in May. Combine his film with now whooping metaphoric arse at 3 camps now and his ranking has understandably skyrocketed. Harris blossomed the same way. It just happened 2 months sooner.Most prospects though just get a 1 or 2 bump through summer camps though.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on Sean White. He jumped 483 spots to #194 in the Top 247

Amazing. I am so torn right now. How can u not love both our choices for 2014 QB. At this point I might want the one that will be the most dedicated to AU.

More on Sean White. He jumped 483 spots to #194 in the Top 247

Amazing. I am so torn right now. How can u not love both our choices for 2014 QB. At this point I might want the one that will be the most dedicated to AU.

Elite 11 MVP? I'll take White, but I wouldn't be caught crying if we got Harris either. And with Jeremy Johnson on The Plains now, and Sean White coming in the future, we are FINALLY going to be loaded with fantastic QBs!

Is he going to make it to the plains this week?

Scheduled for today and I have not heard anything different.

Hey E, is BH scheduled to be here over the weekend?? I have not heard much on his travel plans????

Hey E, is BH scheduled to be here over the weekend?? I have not heard much on his travel plans????

No. When his visit date was Wednesday the coaches were going to work on trying to get him to stay overnight. Since it was moved back today and White coming in later today I am not sure the coaches will push for overnight.

Sean needs to stay over night to get a real feel of what Auburn and the Auburn Family is really all about.

Sean needs to stay over night to get a real feel of what Auburn and the Auburn Family is really all about.

Not really. It only takes 5 minutes to get that feeling.

With all the BH news there hasn't been a peep about SW. Is that just a function of him not being a tweeter or has he not made it in yet?

With all the BH news there hasn't been a peep about SW. Is that just a function of him not being a tweeter or has he not made it in yet?

He's on twitter but looks like he is not in yet.

SIAP, does he have a commit date?

No. He would like to before his senior season but he will commit "when it feels right."

...And Flying under the radar just like his recruitment, White already visited Auburn and loved it.

I assume he didn't get an offer yet ? AUC doesn't show one and this from the comments section after their premo article indicates he was disappointed about something ?

TNAubie (free)

37 minutes ago

I've been wandering (sic) how they would handle that. Not an easy road at all. Wander (sic) how easy a sell it was to White. He's no dummy. But I'm sure he knows how it goes as well. Hope we can get at least one of the two. But White did sound kinda dissapointed (sic) in those comments. Taking a chance either way. Sure hope it works out.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-MVP-Sean-White-visits-Auburn-138748

Wow... Was he there with Harris?

And, why no interview?

I doubt they were together and there was an interview. It's Premium right now. Hopefully al.com will do an articles on it tomorrow.

I assume he didn't get an offer yet ? AUC doesn't show one and this from the comments section after their premo article indicates he was disappointed about something ?

TNAubie (free)

37 minutes ago

I've been wandering (sic) how they would handle that. Not an easy road at all. Wander (sic) how easy a sell it was to White. He's no dummy. But I'm sure he knows how it goes as well. Hope we can get at least one of the two. But White did sound kinda dissapointed (sic) in those comments. Taking a chance either way. Sure hope it works out.

http://auburn.247spo...s-Auburn-138748

I read the article and I don't see any disappointment from SW at all.

TNAubie (free)

37 minutes ago

Well that's good, the poster must have misinterpreted it. And the offer ?

TNAubie (free)

37 minutes ago

Coaches will let him know in a few days.

TNAubie (free)

37 minutes ago

Coaches will let him know in a few days.

Right and Al.com now has an article out on the visit.

"During White's talk with Malzahn and Lashlee, Auburn's coaches told the quarterback that an offer might be coming.

Auburn is also deep in the running for the nation's top dual-threat quarterback, Brandon Harris, who also visited the Tigers on Thursday.

"They both said that they were really, really impressed with me, and they said they were going to go in and talk about it today, over the next few days, and it's very likely or possible that I could get an offer," White said.

http://www.al.com/au...ack_sean_w.html

This is like back in the childhood days when you had two cool toys in front of you and you had to share. You did the nice think and just picked one but when it was over you looked at the kid walking away and you said to yourself, "d@mn, I wanted that toy..." Lol

Sorry if I already posteed this but if Notre Dame decides to offer we will have a steep battle on White even if we offer first.

Archived