Blake Poole, Dimitri Reese, Chandler Shakespeare earn scholarships

around4ever

I think I remember hearing early on that he was really doing great at WR but haven't heard a peep since that ADay hit. Anyone know if he has a legitimate chance at significant playing time?

This makes me just as happy if not more than signing a high star player. This is what a student athlete is all about. Hit the books, love the game, and it pays off.

Tim Horton ‏@CoachTimHorton

Congrats to the three walk-ons who were rewarded with scholarships tonight. Always good to see good things happen to good kids! #WarEagle

Who are the other two?

Capture.jpg

Bio: http://www.auburntig...ole_469445.html

Capture.jpg

Bio: http://www.auburntig...are_749696.html

Beyond excited for Blake! What a stand up guy who 100% deserves this! Couldn't be happier for him or more proud that he represents our university through such a prominent activity as the football team. War Eagle Blake!

Thats great. That is one of the reasons it's nice to be 2 or 3 short of 85 at signing day. We can reward walk-on players.

It does not matter if we are 3 or 5 under at NSD. We can give these out as long as we are 2 or 3 under come August.

Anyone know if he has a legitimate chance at significant playing time?

Highly doubtful but his intangibles make him an important part of the team.

Thats great. That is one of the reasons it's nice to be 2 or 3 short of 85 at signing day. We can reward walk-on players.

It does not matter if we are 3 or 5 under at NSD. We can give these out as long as we are 2 or 3 under come August.

OK, between signing day and August then. Kinda makes sense though that if we are 2 or 3 short on signing day, we will be at least 2 or 3 short in August.

It's always good to see dedication and hard work rewarded. Especially today when so many want it handed to them while they sit on their cans.

OK, between signing day and August then. Kinda makes sense though that if we are 2 or 3 short on signing day, we will be at least 2 or 3 short in August.

Yes but as Mikey pounds in our heads over in the recruiting forum even if you have 85 at NSD you are a virtual lock to lose 2 or 3 to natural attrition by August. I am just now finally listening to him. lol

Happy for Blake! I had the chance to teach him while I was a GTA few years back. Super nice kid and a just a big ole' country boy who tries hard in the classroom (seriously one of the thickest country accents I've ever heard).

I just want to thank each and everyone of you who has been there for me over the years and thank you so much for all the kind words, phone calls and texts. Its been an honor to play here in Auburn as a tiger and being a Auburn man!!! Auburn is a great place to be and raise a familly and go to school... I want to give a big thanks to all the people back home in Haralson County where I'm from!!! You all are very special to me and I'm glad to call Haralson County Home!!! — in Auburn, AL.

Blake Poole

994894_751855098174087_1572711896_n.jpg

Very proud of all these young men. I can't imagine the personal sacrifices they've had to make while hoping to earn a scholarship. Does anyone know if the walk on players get the same treatment or benefits as the scholarship players. Same access to meals, trainers, training facilities, supplements, tutors? Just curious.

Does anyone know if the walk on players get the same treatment or benefits as the scholarship players. Same access to meals, trainers, training facilities, supplements, tutors? Just curious.

Are you asking about walk ons period or walk ons after they get on Scholly?

Archived