2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

I really hope we get this kid I'm not one to be dismissive on missing recruits such as this. And I have to agree anywhere near a 12th ranked class would be disappointing with the success of least year and the recruiters we have.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 pretty good experts, Kipp Adams & Keith Niebuhr, picked AU for Kerryon last night and this morning respectively.

23 what do you think?

Unless something changed, 23 said recently that he expects kerryon to commit to AU

2 pretty good experts, Kipp Adams & Keith Niebuhr, picked AU for Kerryon last night and this morning respectively.

E did Kerryon decide between Tuesday and Thursday?

E did Kerryon decide between Tuesday and Thursday?

Kerryon's announcement is on Tuesday at 2:30 CT at his school per 247.

It's great that these analysts have predicted him to AU, it won't mean much if he chooses FSU over us. We'll see Tuesday at 2:30.

It's great that these analysts have predicted him to AU, it won't mean much if he chooses FSU over us. We'll see Tuesday at 2:30.

Or Bama either.

True but don't forget, the FSU 247 guys predict AU also.

Kerryon commits to us, what's that mean for Jovon?

Nothing.

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask. If Jovon commits to us along with Kerryon, are we done with RB or do we take another? I.e Eric Swinney

Nothing.

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask. If Jovon commits to us along with Kerryon, we're done with RB or do we take another? I.e Eric Swinbey.

If we miss on Kerryon, I expect us to go hard after Jovon and Eric Swinney.

Nothing.

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask. If Jovon commits to us along with Kerryon, we're done with RB or do we take another? I.e Eric Swinbey.

Not in the know by any means, but I would think there is a chance we'd take a third if they were of that elite caliber, but I don't think the position would be a priority necessarily. And I could only see this happening due to Jovon's age and Johnson's positional versatility.

“@Smuphy: I think Kerryon Johnson picks auburn tuesday, with about 60% confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked FSU or Bama either.”

Nothing.

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask. If Jovon commits to us along with Kerryon, are we done with RB or do we take another? I.e Eric Swinney

As of right now the staff is taking 2 RBs w/ no plans for 3.

“@Smuphy: I think Kerryon Johnson picks auburn tuesday, with about 60% confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked FSU or Bama either.”

After watching almost every speed/smaller RB who committed to Bama seeing NOTHING happen with their careers, Kerryon would be insane to go to Alabama. Grant, Jones, Hart and the rest basically had chances to move to DB and play special teams.

Nothing.

As of right now the staff is taking 2 RBs w/ no plans for 3.

With all the RB's we'd have, we'd be silly to waste a spot on a 3rd RB unless a major prospect wants to go. If Roc redshirts, that may further decrease our chances of taking a 3rd, of course all this assumes that we get Kerryon and Jovon.

"@Smuphy: I think Kerryon Johnson picks auburn tuesday, with about 60% confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked FSU or Bama either."

After watching almost every speed/smaller RB who committed to Bama seeing NOTHING happen with their careers, Kerryon would be insane to go to Alabama. Grant, Jones, Hart and the rest basically had chances to move to DB and play special teams.

At 6'0 200 lbs KJ is not a smaller back at all nor is he a speed back either. With that said, if KJ goes to Bama it will be as a safety anyway, which is where his higher ceiling is and his best chance to get to the NFL.

"@Smuphy: I think Kerryon Johnson picks auburn tuesday, with about 60% confidence. Wouldn't surprise me if he picked FSU or Bama either."

At 6'0 200 lbs KJ is not a smaller back at all nor is he a speed back either. With that said, if KJ goes to Bama it will be as a safety anyway, which is where his higher ceiling is and his best chance to get to the NFL.

There is a pervasive misconception these days that any RB who doesn't graduate high school at 210+ is a "smaller guy" and/or "speed back". In AU Counsel's defense, though, 200 lbs actually is small for a bama RB...

Ingram- 215

Richardson- 225

Lacy- 230

Yeldon- 218

Henry- 238

...and it's true that we haven't heard much from any of the guys they've signed who are smaller than that. But if he's cool playing safety and sees his future there, then he could do a lot worse from a career perspective than bama.

There is a pervasive misconception these days that any RB who doesn't graduate high school at 210+ is a "smaller guy" and/or "speed back". In AU Counsel's defense, though, 200 lbs actually is small for a bama RB...

Ingram- 215

Richardson- 225

Lacy- 230

Yeldon- 218

Henry- 238

...and it's true that we haven't heard much from any of the guys they've signed who are smaller than that. But if he's cool playing safety and sees his future there, then he could do a lot worse from a career perspective than bama.

On top of that, a HS prospect saying he is 6'0, 200 is probably 5'10.5, and 192 lbs.

On top of that, a HS prospect saying he is 6'0, 200 is probably 5'10.5, and 192 lbs.

It's not his saying. It's what his measurables were at the elite camps he's already been to this year.

It's not his saying. It's what his measurables were at the elite camps he's already been to this year.

Then I stand corrected

Kerryon has the build of a safety IMO. When you see him with no pads on, he appears long and lean, more safety than RB. Just based on the ole eye test, he appears to be a tad taller than 6' and a tad less than 200 lbs but you know how that goes. I still think he should take a long hard look at the safety position but that's just me. Regardless, he's an outstanding athlete and a good kid from a fine upstanding family. I hope we get him.

Archived