2016 4* RB Kareem Walker (Michigan commit)

ellitor

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Nope. Still doesn't look like you understood.

Not sure if I will be screwing hthings up here but:

1. Barring injury, Jovon has a good chance of being 1 and done.

2. I doubt Roc redshirts. Gus likes to play his best people, and I think at least on running plays Roc will get some carries.

3. Roc wil most likely be a Jr when Walker is a Freshman. If Walker is as good as we hope, he will most likley not redshirt either.

4. Karryon might have more effort on Walker than Roc. Kerryon will be a Sophmore, and he has a lot of talent as we all know.

The original statement was about their film, not that we would be full at running back. He could have replaced Jovon with Bo and the statement would have had the same meaning. He was talking about their high school film.

Poster 1: "That's the best high school film I've ever seen."

Poster 2: "We have a running back showing up in the fall with better high school film."

Poster 2 is not saying we don't need, or shouldn't take Walker, he's just saying Thomas' high school film was better. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wow... you two are hysterical. As it seems like we are needlessly rehashing something that happened weeks ago, you might as well finish the assessment of what actually happened.

Poster 3: "Is there any reason for comparing those particular running backs? If it was a proximity thing, then it's worth noting that they won't ever likely compete seriously for significant playing time"

Poster 2: "How dare you try to seek clarification as to whether my comment was seeking to imply anything?! You clearly don't pay attention, and are incapable of comprehension! Also, your assessment of the future of our depth chart is wrong! "

Poster 3: "I am capable of comprehension (I was merely seeking clarification as to if your statement was implying something about competition). By the way, I still believe the things I said before about the future of our RB depth chart. Here is why..."

For what it's worth, I never sought to pick a fight, or accused anyone of being wrong in my original statement. I simply asked the question: "Huh?". I'm still not sure why it was met with such hostility...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Nope. Still doesn't look like you understood.

Not sure if I will be screwing hthings up here but:

1. Barring injury, Jovon has a good chance of being 1 and done.

2. I doubt Roc redshirts. Gus likes to play his best people, and I think at least on running plays Roc will get some carries.

3. Roc wil most likely be a Jr when Walker is a Freshman. If Walker is as good as we hope, he will most likley not redshirt either.

4. Karryon might have more effort on Walker than Roc. Kerryon will be a Sophmore, and he has a lot of talent as we all know.

The original statement was about their film, not that we would be full at running back. He could have replaced Jovon with Bo and the statement would have had the same meaning. He was talking about their high school film.

Poster 1: "That's the best high school film I've ever seen."

Poster 2: "We have a running back showing up in the fall with better high school film."

Poster 2 is not saying we don't need, or shouldn't take Walker, he's just saying Thomas' high school film was better. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wow... you two are hysterical. As it seems like we are needlessly rehashing something that happened weeks ago, you might as well finish the assessment of what actually happened.

Poster 3: "Is there any reason for comparing those particular running backs? If it was a proximity thing, then it's worth noting that they won't ever likely compete seriously for significant playing time"

Poster 2: "How dare you try to seek clarification as to whether my comment was seeking to imply anything?! You clearly don't pay attention, and are incapable of comprehension! Also, your assessment of the future of our depth chart is wrong! "

Poster 3: "I am capable of comprehension (I was merely seeking clarification as to if your statement was implying something about competition). By the way, I still believe the things I said before about the future of our RB depth chart. Here is why..."

For what it's worth, I never sought to pick a fight, or accused anyone of being wrong in my original statement. I simply asked the question: "Huh?". I'm still not sure why it was met with such hostility...

Poster 4:

xVyoSl.jpg

Can we please move on from the BS and start talking about Kareem Walker again?

I'm sure we will when there's actual new information about Kareem to discuss.

I'm with Arch on this one. The original statement about highlight film and RBs on the roster was somewhat confusing and could be understood to mean different things. He was met with undue hostility. I suggest we all meet at the flagpole after school today and hash this thing out once and for all.

Can we please move on from the BS and start talking about Kareem Walker again?

I'm sure we will when there's actual new information about Kareem to discuss.

50/50.

I'm with Arch on this one. The original statement about highlight film and RBs on the roster was somewhat confusing and could be understood to mean different things. He was met with undue hostility. I suggest we all meet at the flagpole after school today and hash this thing out once and for all.

Yeaaaa, fight fight fight!! Where's Dixie, I'm on his team. :)

• 8 months later...

Yeaaaa, fight fight fight!! Where's Dixie, I'm on his team. :)

Posted up, waiting on some action...

sonic-sign.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Decommitted from OSU. If reports were accurate at the time, he'll remember his visit to AU fondly.

Believe he'll be OVing

Why didn't Tim Horton didn't go after Kareem Walker. We need at least 2 big RB's in next years class.

If he didn't didn't then that means he did since the negatives cancel each other out right?

Double negatives = positive.

But seriously, do we know anything about Walker since his decommit to OSU?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived