Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

Mike Farrel has compared him to Percy Harvin, but better.

Kid reminds me a bit of Percy Harvin for his ability to not only make people miss but also bounce off contact and keep his balance. He can elevate a bit better than Harvin at the same stage and is bigger but not quite as quick around the corner. But we're talking about one of the top 5 or so receivers I've seen if he continues to develop and that's a long, long time. Love this kid and this commitment, he's a franchise guy.

Mike Farrell

National Recruiting Analyst

mike@rivals.com

Wow, that's quite the comparison. It would be great if we could have Coates and Williams get drafted in consecutive years heading into Craig's NSD in 2016.

Craig's commitment articles indicate that the coaches think they might both go after their junior years. I know that's been a thought on DW for awhile.

Sammie will get a second round draft grade at worst, if he stays healthy. He has a chance to be the most athletically gifted WR in the draft, and WR is a position where great measurables really stand out. Also, WRs are probably more highly valued now than at any time in the past as the NFL continues to become more of a passing league. Last year, 12 WRs went in the first two rounds, including 2 in the first 10 picks and 4 in the first 20. He'd be a fool to stay.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid reminds me a bit of Percy Harvin for his ability to not only make people miss but also bounce off contact and keep his balance. He can elevate a bit better than Harvin at the same stage and is bigger but not quite as quick around the corner. But we're talking about one of the top 5 or so receivers I've seen if he continues to develop and that's a long, long time. Love this kid and this commitment, he's a franchise guy.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

Wow, that's quite the comparison. It would be great if we could have Coates and Williams get drafted in consecutive years heading into Craig's NSD in 2016.

Craig's commitment articles indicate that the coaches think they might both go after their junior years. I know that's been a thought on DW for awhile.

Been the expectation for Sammie as well since right after the 2013 season. He was going to try out for the baseball team but decided against it so he could focus completely on football so he could have a good enough of a Junior year to turn pro.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

Sammie will get a second round draft grade at worst, if he stays healthy. He has a chance to be the most athletically gifted WR in the draft, and WR is a position where great measurables really stand out. Also, WRs are probably more highly valued now than at any time in the past as the NFL continues to become more of a passing league. Last year, 12 WRs went in the first two rounds, including 2 in the first 10 picks and 4 in the first 20. He'd be a fool to stay.

To add to this there are valued opinions who believe Coiates will do better than Watkins did in terms of athletic measurables only.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

Completely agree with this. Sammy is a freak.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

To add to this there are valued opinions who believe Coiates will do better than Watkins did in terms of athletic measurables only.

I think we saw this with his measurements from this summers mock combine. 4.3 (4.16 hand time) guy, 44" vertical, 405 LB bench press....

Pretty cool having the #1 player in the country committed this far out! It will be a fight to keep him I am sure so I hope we are able to stay on him. With DC being his position coach and main recruiter I like our chances!

Congrats to Nate! Amazing to be the #1 recruit for 2016 and we are so excited you are joining the AU family!

I like our chances keeping this kid too. The combo of DC and the Gus Bus O makes a pretty good tandem.

FWIW after the composite is updated due to Nate being #1 on Rivals, he will move up 5 spots from 17 to 12 on the composite.

I like our chances keeping this kid too. The combo of DC and the Gus Bus O makes a pretty good tandem.

Not to mention an ex AU WR is his high school assistant coach that took him to AU, I might be off, but thought I remembered reading that.

If Nate Craig ultimately signs with #Auburn it will be the first time in the @Rivals era that the Tigers sign the No. 1 overall HS prospect.

@Allie_Davison

Unless we land TT and he moves back up a spot

TT = 2015 Craig = 2016

If Nate Craig ultimately signs with #Auburn it will be the first time in the @Rivals era that the Tigers sign the No. 1 overall HS prospect.

@Allie_Davison

TT = 2015 Craig = 2016

exactly. TT would be our first #1 overall and craig would be our second. On a related note, has anyone ever landed back to back #1's overall?

Btw, this would be a great time for all of the anti-Rivals conspiracy theorists to rethink their stance.

Shhh! Don't rile them up. lol

Btw, this would be a great time for all of the anti-Rivals conspiracy theorists to rethink their stance.

Shhh! Don't rile them up. lol

Haha, yeah, poor form on my part but I couldn't resist. This is definitely a happy thread!

What kind of difference do ya'll think this could make on our 2015-2016 outreach for QB commitments?

I don't really care so much about Francois. I think I would just prefer to go all out for Pass in 2016. Bentley in 2017?

I don't really care so much about Francois. I think I would just prefer to go all out for Pass in 2016. Bentley in 2017?

I really don't think we have to worry about that after this week. Not going to take another QB unless we decide getting Lamar Jackson is worth it.

@Allie_Davison

TT = 2015 Craig = 2016

Yes. Thus as the man said, TT would be our first #1 overall, not Craig.

Archived