Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You flatter them to keep arguing, Titan.

Don't kid yourself.

I understand the reasoning, but I just can't do it. If they win, they win - but I can't pull for them.

Then you hate bama more than you love Auburn. I want whatever is best for Auburn and right now, unfortunately, it's bama beating MSU.

Don't hate them, just will not cheer for them, even if it "hurts" Auburn. Auburn needs to take care of itself and not need for Bama to "help" Auburn. A Bama win helps Bama, not Auburn.

This^^ . If we handle our own house we wouldn't have to worry about what goes on at someone else's. Go Moo-state!!

Thank you, someone understands!

Someone else understands bad logic? Congrats.

The "if we handled our business" stuff doesn't matter. We didn't. But despite that, we still have a chance to win an SEC title at the least, with a shot at the playoff if we win the SEC. But the only way that happens is if MSU loses twice. They aren't losing to Vandy so it's got to be bama and Ole Miss.

I want Auburn to have every chance to win titles. Apparently your rival losing means more to you than that. Weird, but ok.

Now, you're using bad logic to make a personal assumption. Look, lets just agree to disagree.

War Eagle!!!

My logic is perfectly sound. You care more about bama losing than keeping our title hopes alive. That's the only explanation for wanting them to lose because an MSU win over bama ends not just our playoff hopes but any chance of winning the SEC.

No it is not, and once again your logic is flawed, making assumption about me.

I understand if a Bama win guaranteed an AU trip to the SECCG and/or the playoffs, but it does not. The real issue is we lost and how can we address that and move forward. The desire is not to need these astronomical, "if the stars alined", scenarios to play for the SECCG and be in the playoffs.

Exactly, we are no longer in a position to root only for Auburn. We need certain teams in front of us to lose for AU to reach the goals that were set in the spring for this season (SEC championship and playoff birth). We have addressed that we need Miss St to lose to Bama this week. We are moving forward by pulling for a Bama win over Miss St. I hope you don't root for AU in the following games if these events do occur because we shouldn't have had to "need" all of the "stars to be aligned" for AU to get there.

The goals are still alive, the chances are just slim. It doesn't matter how we get to the destination as long as we get there.

It's really no different than weekend before last. Bama needed Ole Miss to lose another game to move ahead of them. But at least they still had MSU as a possibility if we didn't. Our situation is much more clear. MSU needs to lose to bama and Ole Miss to give us a chance. Their only other game is Vandy and Vandy isn't beating them.

I understand the reasoning, but I just can't do it. If they win, they win - but I can't pull for them.

Then you hate bama more than you love Auburn. I want whatever is best for Auburn and right now, unfortunately, it's bama beating MSU.

Don't hate them, just will not cheer for them, even if it "hurts" Auburn. Auburn needs to take care of itself and not need for Bama to "help" Auburn. A Bama win helps Bama, not Auburn.

This^^ . If we handle our own house we wouldn't have to worry about what goes on at someone else's. Go Moo-state!!

The "if we handled our business" stuff doesn't matter. We didn't. But despite that, we still have a chance to win an SEC title at the least, with a shot at the playoff if we win the SEC. But the only way that happens is if MSU loses twice. They aren't losing to Vandy so it's got to be bama and Ole Miss.

I want Auburn to have every chance to win titles. Apparently your rival losing means more to you than that. Weird, but ok.

Now, you're using bad logic to make a personal assumption. Look, lets just agree to disagree.

War Eagle!!!

My logic is perfectly sound. You care more about bama losing than keeping our title hopes alive. That's the only explanation for wanting them to lose because an MSU win over bama ends not just our playoff hopes but any chance of winning the SEC.

I understand if a Bama win guaranteed an AU trip to the SECCG and/or the playoffs, but it does not. The real issue is we lost and how can we address that and move forward. The desire is not to need these astronomical, "if the stars alined", scenarios to play for the SECCG and be in the playoffs.

Exactly, we are no longer in a position to root only for Auburn. We need certain teams in front of us to lose for AU to reach the goals that were set in the spring for this season (SEC championship and playoff birth). We have addressed that we need Miss St to lose to Bama this week. We are moving forward by pulling for a Bama win over Miss St. I hope you don't root for AU in the following games if these events do occur because we shouldn't have had to "need" all of the "stars to be aligned" for AU to get there.

The goals are still alive, the chances are just slim. It doesn't matter how we get to the destination as long as we get there.

If your scenario does happen, I will be rooting for Auburn as always. Again, I never said I did not want for Auburn to "get there." I want Auburn to concentrate on Auburn and let the chips fall where they may. My focus, and I hope the team's, is on Auburn.

Using your logic, if MSU does win, you can stop rooting for Auburn. What would be the point then? No SECCG or playoff berth.

But we both know that doesn't make since for an Auburn fan.

I will do my best to hope bama wins. Even if we don't get into the playoffs, the chance to play for the sec title is always a good thing. Being the first repeat champion in almost 20 years would be awesome.

It's really no different than weekend before last. Bama needed Ole Miss to lose another game to move ahead of them. But at least they still had MSU as a possibility if we didn't. Our situation is much more clear. MSU needs to lose to bama and Ole Miss to give us a chance. Their only other game is Vandy and Vandy isn't beating them.

... and Auburn needs to win out, and that's the only thing Auburn has any control over.

We aren't talking about what the team is concerned about, we're talking about what needs to happen for Auburn to have a chance to reach its goals. Wanting Auburn to win out is a given if you're an Auburn fan. But if we want to also be able to win a title of any sort, we need some help, starting with MSU losing twice. Since Vandy will not be doing that, it falls to Ole Miss and bama to do it for us. Simple as that. So, yes, we need bama to knock off MSU this weekend. It's unfortunate we're in this position, but it is what must happen.

I keep thinking common sense will penetrate their heads eventually.

You and others have already put it in the plainest and simplest of terms. Unfortunately, MSU losing two and Auburn winning two qualifies as

astronomical, "if the stars alined", scenarios

so I think we're hoping against hope here. But then again,

The real issue is we lost and how can we address that and move forward

so maybe we're actually dealing with someone capable of time travel here? Doc Brown, is that you?

eaaf845200cbfe885bef8302fb6a4c401ad197a357cb86db0ee023369c331823.jpg

We aren't talking about what the team is concerned about, we're talking about what needs to happen for Auburn to have a chance to reach its goals. Wanting Auburn to win out is a given if you're an Auburn fan. But if we want to also be able to win a title of any sort, we need some help, starting with MSU losing twice. Since Vandy will not be doing that, it falls to Ole Miss and bama to do it for us. Simple as that. So, yes, we need bama to knock off MSU this weekend. It's unfortunate we're in this position, but it is what must happen.

Titan, I love your passion for Auburn. I cannot state what I have said any clearer. I want Auburn to win out, and if the prize(s) is there great, but if not, WAR EAGLE ALWAYS!

WAR EAGLE brother (or sister)!!! ;)

I keep thinking common sense will penetrate their heads eventually.

You and others have already put it in the plainest and simplest of terms. Unfortunately, MSU losing two and Auburn winning two qualifies as

astronomical, "if the stars alined", scenarios

so I think we're hoping against hope here. But then again,

The real issue is we lost and how can we address that and move forward

so maybe we're actually dealing with someone capable of time travel here? Doc Brown, is that you?

eaaf845200cbfe885bef8302fb6a4c401ad197a357cb86db0ee023369c331823.jpg

Careful now, or I'll delete your post, like it never happened. ;)

Titan, I love your passion for Auburn. I cannot state what I have said any clearer. I want Auburn to win out, and if the prize(s) is there great, but if not, WAR EAGLE ALWAYS!

WAR EAGLE brother (or sister)!!! ;)

I second that emotion

War Eagle!!!

If your scenario does happen, I will be rooting for Auburn as always. Again, I never said I did not want for Auburn to "get there." I want Auburn to concentrate on Auburn and let the chips fall where they may. My focus, and I hope the team's, is on Auburn.

Using your logic, if MSU does win, you can stop rooting for Auburn. What would be the point then? No SECCG or playoff berth.

I didn't mean to come off as a jerk in my previous post. I agree, AU's team should focus on AU and AU's opponents only. I want AU to win EVERY game regardless of circumstances surrounding it. But in this case, there are surrounding circumstances that directly effect AU's chances of obtaining the SEC West championship. And we really need a few games to go our way, so we should choose who we are rooting for carefully. In my opinion, only.

War Eagle!!!

I didn't mean to come off as a jerk in my previous post. I agree, AU's team should focus on AU and AU's opponents only. I want AU to win EVERY game regardless of circumstances surrounding it. But in this case, there are surrounding circumstances that directly effect AU's chances of obtaining the SEC West championship. And we really need a few games to go our way, so we should choose who we are rooting for carefully. In my opinion, only.

Look, we're all family here and we're just having a family disagreement. But when it comes down to it, we're ALL AUBURN, ALL THE TIME!

WAR EAGLE FAM!!! ;)

:wareagle:

PS No offense taken. ;)

I'll save this thread ten pages, just say ok to war eagle 6 when it comes to ANYTHING Alabama. If it meant us winning a national title he's not going to cheer. If you said dude my mom's life depends on it he'd say see you at the funeral, then at the funeral he'd blame the death on quack doctor that went to school at Alabama. It's just not going to happen. Period.

I'll be pulling for MSU. They have had a wild ride, and I've seen enough of alabama over the last few years to say Hail State!

We had our chance and blew it. Let the other dog have its day. We get our shot at them in a couple of weeks but I'd like to see them out of the national picture by then so we can finish them off.....

I'll be pulling for MSU. They have had a wild ride, and I've seen enough of alabama over the last few years to say Hail State!

We had our chance and blew it. Let the other dog have its day. We get our shot at them in a couple of weeks but I'd like to see them out of the national picture by then so we can finish them off.....

So you'll be pulling against Auburn winning the SEC. Cool.

Every family has that crazy Uncle who, even despite having everything clearly in front of them, decided to disagree. By pulling for state you literally say I have ZERO faith in this team anymore. Dont care if thats what you mean or not and its not a personal attack just the truth. I dont like some things that are happening, dont like johnson being a DC and think we need to play better. However i wont give up hope.

Every family has that crazy Uncle who, even despite having everything clearly in front of them, decided to disagree. By pulling for state you literally say I have ZERO faith in this team anymore. Dont care if thats what you mean or not and its not a personal attack just the truth. I dont like some things that are happening, dont like johnson being a DC and think we need to play better. However i wont give up hope.

^^^^This^^^ Because by pulling for the turds we have to have faith that we can win out. I am not pulling for the turds.......I am just hoping that MooState can't win! :)

Nope...just not pulling for spUAt.

It pains me to root for Bama, but I absolutely will this week simply because it will help us. For everybody thinking it's far fetched that we can still win the SEC or go to the playoff, I would encourage you to think twice. We just need a few things to break our way. Bama is actually favored to win this week, so that would not be a stretch for them to beat MSU. I expect it to happen. We should beat Georgia. TAMU loss nonwithstanding, we are a better football team than UGA. If it's A game vs A game, we'll win. After that, we would need Ole Miss to beat Mississippi State (in Oxford) and then we would have to beat Bama in Turdtown.

I mean, that's just 4 games that we need to turn out a particular way - 2 of which we have control, and the other 2 will be Mississippi State going on the road as a likely underdog. If EVERYTHING falls our way, we will still be 10-2 and have to beat a Missouri team that at that point could be a 9 or 10 win team. We will still have beat more quality opponents than anybody in the country, and will be the champion of the undisputed toughest conference. Even if FSU wins out, TCU/Baylor wins out, and Oregon/Ariz St does as well, that 4th spot would come down to us and the Big 10 champ (probably a 1 loss Ohio State).

The committee has shown it values SOS and Quality Wins. At that point Ohio State/Nebraska would have at best 2 wins over top 25 teams and a loss to VA Tech at home (cancels out our loss to TAMU at home). We would have beaten Bama, UGA, and Ole Miss on the road (all would still be ranked in the top 20 presumably). We would also have beaten Missouri, LSU, and Kansas State who should also be top 25 at that point. 6 wins over, at worst, top 30 teams. There's also a chance LA Tech could beat an undefeated team in Marshall in the C-USA championship game, making our SOS stronger.

This is the bottom line: We won't drop below #10 this week. If those 4 games go our way and we get to the SEC championship game, that means, 2 teams in front of us are gone. Oregon/Ariz St have to play each other. Ditto Ohio St/Nebraska. We would jump either TCU or Baylor (whoever doesn't win the Big 12). We are not out of it yet. UNLESS Alabama loses this week. So, we need them to win.

Nope...just not pulling for spUAt.

Spin the way you want.

You are for State to beat bamr. Should State win Auburn cannot make the SEC Championship game. Thusly you are for Auburn not making Atlanta.

War Eagle!!!

Agreed, we handle our own business which was aTm we wouldn't be needing to be bama fans on Saturday. Seccg is out of reach, but playoffs were within reach if we had played some damn defense against aTm! Still have a bad taste in my mouth from that Embarrassing performance on d. Now had we won, it would have been a little more tolerant to root for that school. Right now? Hell no

Still would've needed Miss St to lose at least twice to make it to the SECCG even if we had beaten a&m. Bama would have 3 if they lost to Miss St and AU and OM would have 2 losses if they won, Ole Miss would have 3 and Bama 2 if it was vice versa so that would disqualify them from a tiebreaker with 11-1 Miss St and 11-1 auburn which Miss St would win the head to head. Miss St could easily drop those two games, and auburn could easily man up and take UGA and Bama. AU has won games with bad D before and as long as it isn't the same/worse as last saturday then we have a good shot. Im not one to say it usually but I have a little feeling that things are going to fall into place in our favor. Biggest order of business, Beat UGA!

War Eagle

Archived