New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snapback.pngau_bsci_04, on Today, 05:50 PM, said:

Additional info on scoreboard:

• Will incorporate (9) 20'x50' 12mm HD screens @ 3,400 lbs each w/ an active display area of 56'x190'
  • Chase behind video boards to be fully ducted, sourced by (3) 10T units providing a required total of 30T of cooling
  • Overall structure sizing 201'x105'
  • Speaker section 15'x50'
  • 8'x12' camera bay/fireworks platform at the top corner of each side
  • Backside will be enclosed with 2" insulated metal panels with the field color being a bronze and accent bands in tan
  • There does not appear to be any additional structural framing on the sides other than the connection to the existing vertical columns (2 on each side)
  • There does not seem to be any structural sheathing being installed, so my assumption is that any horizontal shear loads are being designed into the cross-bracing.

I'll try to upload some photos.

======================================================================================

Thanks for providing that information and the subsequent detailed drawing photos. That is some very good information.

• Will incorporate (9) 20'x50' 12mm HD screens @ 3,400 lbs each w/ an active display area of 56'x190'
  • Chase behind video boards to be fully ducted, sourced by (3) 10T units providing a required total of 30T of cooling
  • Backside will be enclosed with 2" insulated metal panels with the field color being a bronze and accent bands in tan
  • There does not appear to be any additional structural framing on the sides other than the connection to the existing vertical columns (2 on each side)
  • There does not seem to be any structural sheathing being installed, so my assumption is that any horizontal shear loads are being designed into the cross-bracing.

======================================================================================

Thanks for providing that information and the subsequent detailed drawing photos. That is some very good information.

I got something good coming for you buddy, stay tuned!

Bring it!!

Great info. Thanks for sharing...

snapback.pngau_bsci_04, on Today, 09:10 PM, said:

=================================================================================

MOST excellent !!!!! ;D

I've been looking at those drawings at 150%, good stuff. That front section of the 9 panels must be a smaller version (width 74' 5 1/8") before we bought BIG Aubie.

All I see when I see pictures are a system of trusses that I need to do a force analysis on.

Darn you Mechanical Engineering classes, you take all of the fun out of everything....

snapback.pngau_bsci_04, on Today, 09:10 PM, said:

=================================================================================

MOST excellent !!!!! ;D/>

I've been looking at those drawings at 150%, good stuff. That front section of the 9 panels must be a smaller version (width 74' 5 1/8") before we bought BIG Aubie.

Sorry for this guys, but I'll be PMing the good news to Ironman at the request of my contact.

The tie-in to the future NEZ expansion and view the board will provide to those premium seats is vastly understated ...

I've heard nothing of a north end zone expansion. Is this a thing? I saw one feasibility study that Auburn recently had which in turn will decrease overall capacity, so I wouldn't call it much of an expansion.

Wish they would add more seats as fast as their putting up that new scoreboard

Yeah, we know. You post the same tired stuff in every thread that even remotely relates to the topic. We get it... Please move on..

Getting bigger every day. Can you imagine, when a critical defensive stand takes place, and the word DEFENSE in huge letters is flashing on that board as the Auburn fans chant, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE. It's just going to be wild I tell ya.

Getting bigger every day. Can you imagine, when a critical defensive stand takes place, and the word DEFENSE in huge letters is flashing on that board as the Auburn fans chant, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE. It's just going to be wild I tell ya.

Hmmm... could be quite the sight for an opposing QB and think about a gazillion LEDs spooking a newby kicker.

(nah not fair)

Not much discussion is going on with the sideline banners on the upper decks, but I'm also excited to see those as well. I think they'll make more a difference than a lot of people realize.

Not much discussion is going on with the sideline banners on the upper decks, but I'm also excited to see those as well. I think they'll make more a difference than a lot of people realize.

A few days ago I was driving across campus and noticed a large number of metal boxes in the collesium parking lot. Upon closer inspection, I saw that they were marked as the banners. I'm really excited to see them up in JHS. I just hope they cover the length of the upper deck.

A few days ago I was driving across campus and noticed a large number of metal boxes in the collesium parking lot. Upon closer inspection, I saw that they were marked as the banners. I'm really excited to see them up in JHS. I just hope they cover the length of the upper deck.

They will be from end to end.

Archived