New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The webcam saves 4 hours and I checked in a couple times today. On the 3rd row, they hung the 1st panel at 8:00 AM CT and finished the row with the last one at 3:30 PM CT. That included an hour off for lunch.

You are now informed. ;D

Wow. Now that's impressive!

Yes, I thought so too. It looks like they are leaving a space all the way around the outer edge to attach the border treatment. That leaves 3 rows on the right and 6 on the left to panel. So about 9 more good weather days. Moving right along.

I meant your analysis ;)

Ohhhh, lol.

Wiring up all those modules is going to be fun. JMO but the serious work begins after the impressive physical and visible stuff is complete. Bet that control room will be something to see.

Row 4 in the books .... looks like they are getting more efficient. :big:

Capture.png

Yes they are, haha. They started with 2 panels already in place this morning, so that is worth about 30 minutes.

4th row: began hanging panels at 7:30 AM, finished at 2:00 PM + the 30 minutes. Not bad at ALL.

Thanks Bird!!!

Row 4 in the books .... looks like they are getting more efficient. :big:

Capture.png

Yes they are, haha. They started with 2 panels already in place this morning, so that is worth about 30 minutes.

4th row: began hanging panels at 7:30 AM, finished at 2:00 PM + the 30 minutes. Not bad at ALL.

Row 5 work has begun ...

Capture.png

Row 4 in the books .... looks like they are getting more efficient. :big:/>

Capture.png

For scale- the completed section here appears to be the size of the old one. Yes?

Row 4 in the books .... looks like they are getting more efficient. :big:/>

Capture.png

For scale- the completed section here appears to be the size of the old one. Yes?

I would say the completed section is already a little bigger.

B9MSfOZCUAAfG_h.jpg

Another size perspective shot ...

CHs9seaUkAAy9Y5.jpg

The steel work on it is a major eye sore to be honest...

I honestly think that we should brick up the entire stadium, including the steelwork for the videoboard. I think it would look fantastic, and would be a huge upgrade to the stadium.

Based on the renderings I've seen, I don't think the steel work will be as exposed as some are presuming ...

I assume you mean on the back side? Answer...I don't know. I haven't seen any artist rendering of the back side.

Yes, posted architectural plans a few weeks ago. Metal panel surrounds.

Additional info on scoreboard:

• Will incorporate (9) 20'x50' 12mm HD screens @ 3,400 lbs each w/ an active display area of 56'x190'
  • Chase behind video boards to be fully ducted, sourced by (3) 10T units providing a required total of 30T of cooling
  • Overall structure sizing 201'x105'
  • Speaker section 15'x50'
  • 8'x12' camera bay/fireworks platform at the top corner of each side
  • Backside will be enclosed with 2" insulated metal panels with the field color being a bronze and accent bands in tan
  • There does not appear to be any additional structural framing on the sides other than the connection to the existing vertical columns (2 on each side)
  • There does not seem to be any structural sheathing being installed, so my assumption is that any horizontal shear loads are being designed into the cross-bracing.

Photos ...

8_Owj_C1k.jpg

8exw_QKn.jpg

image.jpg

f_JOHXGn.jpg

1m7_EPw_L.jpgJKJCcf_D.jpg

Archived