New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

CHJjL7GW0AM9cor.jpg

As an entrepreneur in this state, anyone have any connections to get advertisement on or around that video screen?

I would attempt just contacting the university.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no advertising on the board ;)/>

I thought below the video board there was going to be a row of advertisements.

Said it before ... Gonna say it again ...

Good grief that thing is enormous!

But as big as it is, it doesnt look out of place on JHS.

I think if we close in the North End Zone with some sweet box seats, we have a near perfect stadium that isnt so big it becomes an enormous out of place monster on the campus. it is big, but crazy big.

Said it before ... Gonna say it again ...

Good grief that thing is enormous!

But as big as it is, it doesnt look out of place on JHS.

I think if we close in the North End Zone with some sweet box seats, we have a near perfect stadium that isnt so big it becomes an enormous out of place monster on the campus. it is big, but crazy big.

Yes, box seats with even a small-ish deck above it. They'd have the best seats in the house viewing the video board.

Is this going in the South Endzone? What happened to the old score board and can it be bid on / purchased? Don't much care for our new television but it was needed. i guess. edit: nvm I see we are just updating our previous jumbo tron.

Good grief, have you been under a rock?

Is this going in the South Endzone? What happened to the old score board and can it be bid on / purchased? Don't much care for our new television but it was needed. i guess. edit: nvm I see we are just updating our previous jumbo tron.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, if you ever wondered if such people exist, there you go. :lol:

Sitting on my condo balcony on a beautiful Auburn morning watching them work.....yep even on Saturday they started before 7am. The are now lowering some small pieces inside the big basic structure.

On another front, Toomers corner is a huge mess. It will be a miracle if it is finished by FB season.

Sitting on my condo balcony on a beautiful Auburn morning watching them work.....yep even on Saturday they started before 7am. The are now lowering some small pieces inside the big basic structure.

On another front, Toomers corner is a huge mess. It will be a miracle if it is finished by FB season.

The good thing about the work they are doing to Toomers is once all of that ground work gets finished, pouring the pad and brickwork is going to go really quickly. It just takes a long time to get the ground ready. I still think that it'll be done before the board.

What's the next step?

They have several guys up there now doing the wiring.

I figured it was wiring that they were doing. I'm just a little confused as to why they aren't building the structure for the speaker beforehand. They know what they're doing though, not me haha.

What's the next step?

I figured it was wiring that they were doing. I'm just a little confused as to why they aren't building the structure for the speaker beforehand. They know what they're doing though, not me haha.

There is some scaffolding set up on the stadium seats at the lower right corner of the jumbotron. Very late in the afternoon yesterday, they placed the prebuilt frame of a long rectangular box on top of the scaffolding. That could be part of the structure that will be put on top. They also installed some panels on the structure this morning.

What's the next step?

There is some scaffolding set up on the stadium seats at the lower right corner of the jumbotron. Very late in the afternoon yesterday, they placed the prebuilt frame of a long rectangular box on top of the scaffolding. That could be part of the structure that will be put on top. They also installed some panels on the structure this morning.

The speaker structure should be a lot smaller, so it's likely that they pre-built (either off site or just on the ground) and are just going to lift it and put it on top to minimize the time that the men are up on the scaffolding, in an attempt to minimize the possibility of an accident. That's what I'd do anyway. It's also possible that they know that the wiring and configuration of the panels is going to take a long time, so they want to get that done straight away. They may also be doing some testing on the panels to find out how much of a delay there is.

What's the next step?

The speaker structure should be a lot smaller, so it's likely that they pre-built (either off site or just on the ground) and are just going to lift it and put it on top to minimize the time that the men are up on the scaffolding, in an attempt to minimize the possibility of an accident. That's what I'd do anyway. It's also possible that they know that the wiring and configuration of the panels is going to take a long time, so they want to get that done straight away. They may also be doing some testing on the panels to find out how much of a delay there is.

Didn't we read somewhere that the speaker box is going to be over 30' tall ? The assembly they laid on the scaffolding is about 15'x 5'x 5'.

What's the next step?

Didn't we read somewhere that the speaker box is going to be over 30' tall ? The assembly they laid on the scaffolding is about 15'x 5'x 5'.

Imagine sound system could still be brought up in multiple lifts and then fitted together once it's place on top..... have been guessing the same with the flat screen panels.

Guys I don't think any of us truly understand the epicness and meganess and monstrous and bigness and hugeness of how big this thing is... I can't even make sense

Archived