Carl Lawson on Crutches ...

RunInRed

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, great, thanks, RiR! I can see this one, BTW.

That doesn't look like any reason for too much concern to me. I'm with the 'didn't really expect him to play this week' crowd, too.

For the record: Hip flexor injuries hurt like hell. You don't put much pressure on it if you can help it. No brace, no casts, no boot, so I'm thinking same injury.

It's pretty common for individuals with the more severe strains to use crutches. What worries me is - is it a strain? or did something tear? Either way, rest is the key.

OK, great, thanks, RiR! I can see this one, BTW.

That doesn't look like any reason for too much concern to me. I'm with the 'didn't really expect him to play this week' crowd, too.

Who took the picture? Anyone from this site? If so, was he limping?

He isn't hurt! He is just carrying a stick to keep the girls off him! Sometimes I wonder if Gus makes the players do things like this to troll the message boards!

Hopefully just precautionary ...

That's the word being passed around, that the crutch is a precautionary measure prescribed by the trainers to keep as much pressure off that hip as possible.

I've never suffered a hip flexor injury and I don't know any more about it than a five minute degree from Google University turns up. It seems that that hip flexor strains/injuries come in various degrees, and treatment seems to vary according to where you look. Anyway, I hope that "the word" is right and this is just part of the process of dealing with the strain so they can get him ready to go. That said, if Lawson has to miss a game. I'd probably rather it be Jax State than one that comes later.

so muschamp was blowing smoke last night. obviouisly all defensive players will not play this week. we really could have called this ourselves. no way we play Lawson or Mathews this week, which is ok. at this point LSU i doubt a given either.

The remedy for a strained hip flexor is rest. Try not to use that leg. I had one a couple of years ago. I literally would allow that leg to go limp and use my arms and upper body to lift it and move it over to get out of a chair or off the sofa. Took about 10 days or so of being very purposeful not to use that muscle before it felt good again.

Archived