Name me one other D1 Coach...

boisnumber1

What baffles me is every blasted one of Jeremy's interceptions, as well as the two or three dropped interceptions have been absolutely terrible throws. Not great defensive plays. But terrible terrible throws where our receiver was in double or triple coverage.

Nancy is 3rd from the bottom in QB rating in the SEC. We have a below avg; bottom 20% below avg type QB. The Vandy QB; who is the worst looking QB I have ever seen in my life; has thrown for more yards than Nancy. 6 Int's; and three more dropped...3 fumbles on the season. I cannot imagine another D1 coach not setting their QB in similar circumstance. What possible rationale can there be? How as a leader do you expect your team to have any confidence in you when you apply a different standard to the QB than their positions.

The good:

K Johnson looked pretty good...especially on special teams

Punting was very good.

ManRay still looks good

That's about it

The bad:

When the QB turns it over 3 times and just misses more opportunities than that...your defense will be on the field too much

Duke...can't run routes....can't get open. I just don't think he is smart enough for the game at this level.

They were so much faster than us...they just flat outran us in all facets of the game

Intensity...they beat us up. They were more physical .... their backs...not just #7, made us look like a PopWarner team

Tackling...oh lord, it looked like 2012 all over again...we dove at peoples feet....in some cases just fell down...we searched people like we were afraid they had a knife...

Preparation...pretty obvious we were not prepared to play...again

Continuing to play the QB...can you imagine continuing to play a RB after 3 fumbles? 2? 1? Of course not

We did not have the same level of talent as LSU. Watching Bama and Ole Miss..certainly don't have the level of talent that either of them have.

I've always been a huge believer in JJ, even after the disastrous season so far. I think everyone is just waiting for the light to come on because we all know how talented he is. But today, I really wanted to see how Sean White performed. I'm now glad that he didn't play. It was detrimental to Brandon Harris last season to start on the road against us and he did not play well for the rest of the season and barely at all. Next week at home might be a different story. I think you start JJ and give him one more chance. Because once there is a change at QB, he is likely done. He would have no confidence. And if he can't move the ball at all or turns it over, then I think you see how White performs. If all is true about his mental and talent level that we've heard for over a year from the coaches, then Sean is completely capable of running the offense. We quickly point fingers at the QB, but the Oline has not played well yet, and the receivers are not getting open which is making JJ force the ball. I think it is true in some other people's previous posts that we just are lacking effort.

I've always been a huge believer in JJ, even after the disastrous season so far. I think everyone is just waiting for the light to come on because we all know how talented he is. But today, I really wanted to see how Sean White performed. I'm now glad that he didn't play. It was detrimental to Brandon Harris last season to start on the road against us and he did not play well for the rest of the season and barely at all. Next week at home might be a different story. I think you start JJ and give him one more chance. Because once there is a change at QB, he is likely done. He would have no confidence. And if he can't move the ball at all or turns it over, then I think you see how White performs. If all is true about his mental and talent level that we've heard for over a year from the coaches, then Sean is completely capable of running the offense. We quickly point fingers at the QB, but the Oline has not played well yet, and the receivers are not getting open which is making JJ force the ball. I think it is true in some other people's previous posts that we just are lacking effort.

The results are in and I don't see the light coming on for JJ. At this point, he is (or should be) done.

JJ is playing poorly, but changing QBs isn't going to fix this offense. The OL has been bad, particularly in pass protection. White is far less mobile than JJ. He would have gotten crushed if he had been inserted against LSU. The only real alternative is either Wallace or Smith, and I don't see either of them having much more success. Not that JJ should not be benched for a series or two. Until the OL improves, this offense is just going to suck regardless who is QB.

Not only has JJ lost all confidence in himself, the team has, as well. The coaching staff is teetering on the brink. Duke has been running at half-speed since the Jack St game; he know JJ's just not going to get there. The OL's play has nothing to do with throwing the ball right into the hands of DBs over and over again when you have absolutely no pressure in your face. Also, from what the coaches say, White has amazing "escapability", which is more valuable than simple mobility. I know one thing: he is quicker than the heavy-legged, lumbering JJ. That 60+-yard TD run looked like slo-mo in real-time.

I was really hoping we'd be in our white uniforms in this game to see if it would make any difference in JJ's ability to hit OUR receivers.

Archived