Auburn vs. Alabama - Game Thread

RunInRed

Tuned in to the last 5 minutes of the game, last night, and it was like watching the last minute of a close game for 5-solid minutes... I think there were maybe 5 total baskets that weren't from the free throw line... Not a good first 5-minutes of basketball to show my fiance. All I could say to her was "I've never seen a game like this before. I don't know why they aren't letting them play".

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a good win against a team that came into the game with a 41 RPI ranking. AU is currently at 70

I know you don't RPI credit for losses but I noticed the other day that Xavier was ranked 4th or 5th in the polls. A tough way for a young AU team to start the season. Interesting national polls this year....some newer names in the top 15 ....no truly dominant team anywhere.

The lost last night by bama killed them in RPI.

That loss to Missouri last week is killing us.

Horrible

That was a good win against a team that came into the game with a 41 RPI ranking. AU is currently at 70

I know you don't RPI credit for losses but I noticed the other day that Xavier was ranked 4th or 5th in the polls. A tough way for a young AU team to start the season. Interesting national polls this year....some newer names in the top 15 ....no truly dominant team anywhere.

The lost last night by bama killed them in RPI.

That loss to Missouri last week is killing us.

Horrible

and honestly if we end up ending this season well enough to make the tournament, the Missouri loss could keep us from it if we were at large

I hate the angles of our highlights

I always have. Doesn't the university have rights to the video shot by ESPN? If not, move to the same camera well as the big boys. The action is usually too fast for whomever is holding the camera.

Man I thought I was the only one. That angle is cool for giving an alternate vantage point every once in a while but sheesh

I hate the cameras on the baseline. You can't see anything develop during the play and I don't want to see any dunk live from a baseline camera. Well, I don't want to see anything at all live from a baseline camera. I just think its the worst possible view of the floor there is. I wish they would get those cameras off the baseline.

But, while we are complaining about camera angles, does it bother anybody else how much they show the crowd and/or players that may have just left the floor or a coach when they are reviewing something or possibly talking to coaches? They tend to forget that they are providing the eyes for us at home as to what is going on and they often just ignore whatever is happening during a dead ball period and show shots of the fans. I hate that crap. I want to know what is going on ON THE FLOOR. I couldn't care less about seeing the fans.

You don't like seeing kids doing the dab with a critical call on the line?

Kidding. I know what exactly what you mean, WT.

Archived