WCWS 2016 Bracket

UCLA / Auburn match up in the first round, nice. We knocked them out of the world series last year. Should be fun. I just hate that they play these games all day and a lot of us have to work.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless they've changed things, the WCWS is, in effect, two four-team double elimination brackets. Same setup as the regionals are. Then the two bracket winners play a best two of three, same setup as the super regionals are.

Win five straight and you're the champ! A winner could have one loss at each level, which would be winning it with a 5-2 or 6-2 record, depending on when your loss fell in the four-team bracket.

Wow! Ok So in our post season run we beat #1 Florida & #3 Bama in the same day in the SEC Tourney plus face the 2 all time greatest programs in softball history in UCLA & Arizona. If we win it all it could be the most interesting post season run a softball team has ever had.

And had to beat 1 of those twice on the same day to overcome elimination

Unless they've changed things, the WCWS is, in effect, two four-team double elimination brackets. Same setup as the regionals are. Then the two bracket winners play a best two of three, same setup as the super regionals are.

Win five straight and you're the champ! A winner could have one loss at each level, which would be winning it with a 5-2 or 6-2 record, depending on when your loss fell in the four-team bracket.

I guess you could call it an elimination round because winning that first game is big.... because if you lose that first game, every game thereafter is an "elimination" game.

The shortest route (fewest games )from A to B is a straight line and you have to win that first game ...and then keep on winning.

That's mostly true if you win. If you lose you switch brackets at some point I think which prevents you from playing the same team in 3 games.

Elimination round is UGA/FSU, Auburn v. UCLA/Oregon winner. In the other bracket uat/Oklahoma and Michigan/LSU.

Respectfully this looks like poor wording to me. Each bracket is a double elimination so eliminations don't start til after teams have a loss.

I know, but it's how it was labeled on the NCAA website where I got all the info.

Elimination round is UGA/FSU, Auburn v. UCLA/Oregon winner. In the other bracket uat/Oklahoma and Michigan/LSU.

Respectfully this looks like poor wording to me. Each bracket is a double elimination so eliminations don't start til after teams have a loss.

I know, but it's how it was labeled on the NCAA website where I got all the info.

My bad. Leave to the NCAA to label things in a way that makes no sense.

Wow! Ok So in our post season run we beat #1 Florida & #3 Bama in the same day in the SEC Tourney plus face the 2 all time greatest programs in softball history in UCLA & Arizona. If we win it all it could be the most interesting post season run a softball team has ever had.

We beat each of them 1 time on the same day. Bama in the quarters, UF in the Semis. Did not player either team twice on that day.

We beat each of them 1 time on the same day. Bama in the quarters, UF in the Semis. Did not player either team twice on that day.

Im gonna assume the reference is to Arizona.

Yep. Meaning 1 of the two winningest programs twice in 1 day.

Watched some of the UCLA against Oregon game last night. Both teams played the same style as we saw from Arizona. UCLA has a strong left-handed pitcher . Should be a very interesting opening game. A tough first round opponent for AU.

UCLA's pitcher in the second game was Ta'amilo, who is a righty. McDuffee is a lefty, and pitched the 3d game. I think she also pitched the first game. Their shortstop, Delaney Spaulding, is a crackerjack and probably the main reason they lead the nation in DPs.

That's mostly true if you win. If you lose you switch brackets at some point I think which prevents you from playing the same team in 3 games.

Well, just when I get all figured out! No matter, the 5-0 to win, or the 5-2 or 6-2 to win if there's a loss in each set still holds. 6-1 or 5-1 can also do it if there's only one loss.

My mistake. Thought you were referring to Florida & Bama.

My mistake. Thought you were referring to Florida & Bama.

No worries

I started recalling last year, and we switched brackets last year to play UCLA. LSU and Alabama also played a cross-bracket game. I can't find a detailed bracket that shows that this year. So, have they changed back to the regional format, with no cross-bracket play?

I started recalling last year, and we switched brackets last year to play UCLA. LSU and Alabama also played a cross-bracket game. I can't find a detailed bracket that shows that this year. So, have they changed back to the regional format, with no cross-bracket play?

No they haven't changed. They announced on TV the other day the losers of each winners' ' bracket game will flip sides like last year. Example: If we bear UCLA then FSU, FSU would move to the Michigan side.

No they haven't changed. They announced on TV the other day the losers of each winners' ' bracket game will flip sides like last year. Example: If we bear UCLA then FSU, FSU would move to the Michigan side.

That's a good reason to keep winning. Nothing is easy at this level, but that bracket with Michigan in it is NASTY!

That's a good reason to keep winning. Nothing is easy at this level, but that bracket with Michigan in it is NASTY!

absolutely...win your games and you don't have to worry about that stuff. .

Don't forget LSU in the SEC championship

Looking at the brackets again, I just realized we are the highest seed in our bracket. All of the teams are tough. UCLA is an unknown to Auburn other than beating them in last year's CWS, but we have beaten the other 2 teams this season. They also have given us tough games and FSU beat us. I think UGA beat us once. Either way we really have a great opportunity to make it to the final series this year. Take care of business against UCLA. It makes the road so much better with a win the first game. Go get 'em tomorrow ladies. War eagle!

Looking at the brackets again, I just realized we are the highest seed in our bracket. All of the teams are tough. UCLA is an unknown to Auburn other than beating them in last year's CWS, but we have beaten the other 2 teams this season. They also have given us tough games and FSU beat us. I think UGA beat us once. Either way we really have a great opportunity to make it to the final series this year. Take care of business against UCLA. It makes the road so much better with a win the first game. Go get 'em tomorrow ladies. War eagle!

We swept UGA. We would have lost game 1 had they not taken their stud pitcher out that had mowed us down through 5 innings.

Nope. We swept a 3 game series from them at Auburn. First was Coopers 7th inning walk off 3 run homer 4-3. We run ruled them on the following day 13-2, then won 2-1 in the last one. Ready to get this tournament started.

We swept UGA. We would have lost game 1 had they not taken their stud pitcher out that had mowed us down through 5 innings.

Oh ok.

Archived