Tell us how your high school team is doing!

AUDub

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

"The Southwest High Eagles lost in the first round of the playoffs 28-0 and finished their season 7-4". The team must have been schizophrenic! Or else all balance has gone out of the Miami area high schools, and these are all big schools in the top classification. Southwest won one game 70-0, another 44-0 and lost one 70-3 and lost another 28-0. Strange.

Good lord, talk about Bi-polar... wow..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanner cruised past Sand Rock 49-14. Travel to Lanett this week. Too far for me to make it after work and can't take off.  If we win we have Fyffe in the simifinals. I will make that one home or away. 

Any one know Lanett? FBpost saying the campus is actually in Georgia. I no nothing about them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Another season is upon us.

My Huskies kick off tonight, hosting Callaway High School, one the the premier programs in Mississippi.

9 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Came away with a comfortable 65-28 win. 

Go Huskies. Hoping to make it to a game this year from over here in Chelsea.

Also, I love this thread but might I suggest starting a 2017 version?

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Go Huskies. Hoping to make it to a game this year from over here in Chelsea.

If you come, prepare yourself for a long game if we start scoring, which we usually do.

Trussville's offense scores a lot and very quickly. Slows the game down a ton. That first half took forever. Slowed it down at the half. End of the third was roughly 9:30, and that was a relatively quick quarter. We left after three up by the final margin. Baby was getting antsy. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Also, I love this thread but might I suggest starting a 2017 version?

Meh. 

7 hours ago, Auburn06 said:

The local 7A high school they opened in 2006 (consolidating the three that existed) because they wanted to win championships is currently 0-3... LOL!!!!

We were at the Gadsden City game last night. Y'all made it interesting in the third quarter, getting within a TD due to three big plays in a row. 

We crushed Grissom, as expected. 

Funny thing. USA today has us nationally ranked at 21. Only team in Alabama.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not sure if this high school player needs a therapist or prison. 

https://twitter.com/jcromp8/status/913925368372973568

Lol that's a powerbomb. 

Best JR voice: "Bah Gawd, he has a family!"

Local 7A team, Gadsden City, had their homecoming tonight against Park Crossing. They lost 65-21..wow, you're supposed to schedule a team you can actually beat, for homecoming. Another local team,Gaston,  also lost their homecoming game, 39-12.

• 2 weeks later...

Dominated Hunstville 45-3. We win the region with a game to spare. 2 more and we're undefeated for the second consecutive regular season. 

I actually officiated my high school last night.  Historically they have never been a consistent winning program, but got a win last night.   Was a fun game to call too.    Former FSU QB Charlie Ward is the head coach there now.  I believe this is his 4th year there.

Stomped James Clemens last night. We're undefeated in Trussville, but the Hunstville region is just so bad this year we've hung around #4 all season behind Hoover, Thompson and Central-Phenix City. 

The playoffs have shaped up on the northern half of the state. We'll be facing Spain Park, who got ROFLstomped by Oak Mountain last night, to open. Out of our region, Hunstville will be facing Thompson, Sparkman will be facing Hoover and Bob Jones will be facing Mountain Brook. Only clear win I see for region 4 over region 3 is the Trussville-Spain Park matchup.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived