Finebaum succombs to the PC police

Deckhead

You can't state the Truth in this country if it's Not PC. 

21 hours ago, WarTim said:

You can't state the Truth in this country if it's Not PC. 

He should have known better to get within 10 miles of an issue like that..  If he disagrees with the commonly accepted PC version an issue, better to keep his mouth shut. 

ESPN is one of the most politically correct networks around and their guys must get bonuses for working a PC point of view into a sporting event commentary because I'm often amazed at how they can so quickly slide a PC comment into a totally apolitical discussion.

AU64 is right. His job is obviously to talk, but you have to know who it is you work for and with. At ESPN you can only talk politics or social issues if you're on the 'correct'  side of the fence.

8 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

some of you all have no perspective

about what?

• 2 weeks later...
On September 3, 2016 at 8:09 AM, AU64 said:

He should have known better to get within 10 miles of an issue like that..  If he disagrees with the commonly accepted PC version an issue, better to keep his mouth shut. 

ESPN is one of the most politically correct networks around and their guys must get bonuses for working a PC point of view into a sporting event commentary because I'm often amazed at how they can so quickly slide a PC comment into a totally apolitical discussion.

I can't believe the liberal powers that be, are allowing you to state the truth on this subject.

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I can't believe the liberal powers that be, are allowing you to state the truth on this subject.

You're such a crybaby. Are you determined to act like one everyday or does it come natural? Why don't y'all redirect this issue to the political board if y'all are going to talk politics.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, AU64 said:

about what?

Let me preface this by saying I'm the pastiest white guy that ever lived.  But I'm pretty sure what TexasTiger is saying is that many people are only viewing this through a selective lens.  It's easy to say "well the President is black" and totally dismiss occurrences happening every day to African-Americans in this country that can easily be seen as oppressive.  Having never walked a day in their shoes, it's impossible for me to fully understand life as a black man in this country.

As it relates to sports, I'd encourage everyone to read this artice from Jared Odrick of the Jacksonville Jaguars and then watch the below clip of Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe.  Also, please do so with an open mind.  Sharpe not only talks about the Kaepernick issue and why it's happening, but also why black-on-black crime happens and the importance of solving that problem as well.  I'm not here trying to change anyone's opinions, but I do think it's important that people listen to each other.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/12/jared-odrick-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

You're such a crybaby. Are you determined to act like one everyday or does it come natural? Why don't y'all redirect this issue to the political board if y'all are going to talk politics.

You are just not very bright, sorry.

Never been a big fan of Finebaum.  I'm even lesser a fan of the PC culture.  Unfortunately we live in a day and age of double standards and media liberal bias.  If they don't like what you stand for and your opinion doesn't match theirs,  they will bully you by calling you names such as bigot, deplorable, fool, and any word ending in phobic.

Archived