Sunshine pumping...

bigbird

Positive outlook....hopefull thoughts thread... take any piss and vinegar somewhere else. Answer any/all of the following.

1.Who(which player) were you most impressed with this game (can't be Carlson)?

2. What situation/ play was the best of the game?

3. Which play of the game was the most important?

1) Kerryon Johnson. He really stepped it up and ran angry. He played with a lot of heart and with a chip on his shoulder.

2) Best play: Lawson sack on Etling.

3) Most Important: I'd actually say the 4th and Goal play was the most important. If we get that, it likely becomes a blowout. Another one would be the LSU fumble.

1) Whoever the PK holder is.

2) Situation: Holding them to a FG early when it was first and goal. That set the tone and proved to me our D is no fluke/lucky. 

3) Lawson sack at the end. Big play by the guy who should make it. 

1. While impressed with Kerryon, I would choose Sean White who played with a lot of grit. We are watching him grow up before our eyes. 

2. I agree with the Lawson sack, just because he's been due for a while now.  

3. Most important play was keeping them to a field goal after we fumbled. It could have been time to fold, but we didn't. Proud of the heart that our team played with. 

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Positive outlook....hopefull thoughts thread... take any piss and vinegar somewhere else. Answer any/all of the following.

1.Who(which player) were you most impressed with this game (can't be Carlson)?

2. What situation/ play was the best of the game?

3. Which play of the game was the most important?

1. Tray Matthews had a niiiiiice redemption, and Tony Stevens is my pick.

2. My personal favorite play was the late 4th Lawson sack. Been waiting all night for that, just when it was needed most.

3. Most important play to me was their .01 failure. ;-)

Sean White really is tough as nails.

The hit by Ruffin was awesome, and yet he got penalized, ejected for it, still it showed that the defense is ornery this year. 

The last play was the best, cause I actually left the room cussing up a storm, then just out of curiosity, I turned around and went back to watch the replay of the final play, and my prayer was answered. 

1. whole D Line stopping the run / Fornette and winning the battle in the trenches.

2. goal line stand early holding them to a FG

3. Fumble and recovery saved a Touchdown (at least a field goal)

4. ALL the big recruits in that stadium that witnessed an ELECTRIC crowd deafening game and a incredible (but kinda the way we do it) Auburn Win.

1. Carlton Davis. I haven't seen a lock-down corner like this since Carlos Rodgers. HE ACTUALLY PLAYS THE BALL AND DOESN'T GET PI

2. I'd say Carl Lawson Sack on Etling, pretty much changed LSU's mood from comfortable to frantic.

3. LSU's fumble on their 3rd to last drive. LSU was driving and had juice. I honestly don't see us stopping them without that fumble that killed their momentum.

The next thing the complainers and "realists" will say is that we haven't scored a TD, in a win, at home, against a Power 5 team since '14. Betcha a Toomer's lemonade cause it's gotta be something 

:)

1. You know what? It's a damn shame that this even has to exist. I have been on this site a long damn time, and it absolutely amazes me that Auburn fans just  can't be happy in the fact that an unranked Auburn team just beat a ranked SEC west foe. Seriously. I mean, seriously. This post has to exist because our own fans are in some way pissed about a win. Just unreal. Go ahead and bash me. I'll retreat to my hole now.

KJ's running made me happy. Imagine this kid behind Prosch and the 2013 o line. Toughest 90 yard game I can remember. And his catch was great. Knowing he Sean and Kam are all soph makes me confident in our offense's future. With better o line play the team could be good. I feel like that's all we're really missing in the red zone. 

i loved our whole d reintroducing themselves to fournette and company after the terrible showing we had against them last year. this time we pounded fournetter like he pounded us last year. that put a smile on my face fer sure............

1. Sean White .... Completed 73% of his passes

2. Hold them to a FG after turning the ball over deep in our territory

3. Tre Williams hit on Etling... Fired up the crowd and the defense

1. Is it Leff(?) who i saw pick up and push  our players (specifically, i think I recall him helping KJ and maybe Sean)? I just kept thinking "YES, TEAMWORK!" 

2. Lawson and all his hits. Glad he had a good game.

3. The environment in the stadium. I was so frustrated with our activity in the redzone, but LOVED how jacked up our fan base got - partucarly after the targeting call. That energy was the highlight of the game for me. It was nice to feel that again. Our players, recruits, students...everyone needed that. 

1. Impressed with the DL and LBs.. Got pressure and made big plays. 

2. Thought the Carlton Davis play on the ball was big.

3. White rolls out of the pocket and hits Stephens on a big third down play. Kept the drive alive. 

@AidiAU I loved the energy too. I am proud of our fans who showed their love loudly and proudly. Didn't hear any of the rumblings and grumblings around me. Everyone seemed fairly positive, (with the exception of one of our friends). I surely hope and pray that time will tell with this team. I think they are getting better and better incrementally each week. I am proud of how they are playing with heart.

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@AidiAU I loved the energy too. I am proud of our fans who showed their love loudly and proudly. Didn't hear any of the rumblings and grumblings around me. Everyone seemed fairly positive, (with the exception of one of our friends). I surely hope and pray that time will tell with this team. I think they are getting better and better incrementally each week. I am proud of how they are playing with heart.

Agree. 

We have people in our section who yell at Gus (they yelled at Jeremy last year), which always diaapppints me. 

I always wonder why we aren't as enthusiastic all the time. Last night was so refreshing in that aspect. I loved it! 

1.  KJ. Loved how he ran with authority.

2.  Carl's sack.

3.  The most important play in my mind was our DB (& I don't know who it was, so somebody help me) keeping their receiver in bounds on the play after Carl's sack. Keeping the clock running right there made the difference in my mind. That was a great, tough play & "doing the little things" that really matter.

1. Monty Adams - he was very disruptive and set the tone early with the sack and hitting LF in the backfield to slow him down

2. The Lawson sack was very critical,  but I feel the shoestring tackles at least twice when LF was about to break it saved a couple of scores and momentum.

3. The fumble recovery by Auburn on defense saved a sure field goal,  which would have allowed LSU to need a FG to win. We lose without that most likely. On offense,  the momentum killing stoppage of play that eventually led to the stop at the goal line.  We score a TD there in a hurry up situation feed to KP. That would have put it out of reach. 

1. Mo Adams handled the lsu oline.  He is going to make some money on draft day. 

2.) Fumble recovery was huge

3.) Since Gus has been here the players have always played until the clock said zero. Even with us and the media wearing him out. They have always played for him and never quit. He has that gift to always get the players to play their hearts out no matter the situation. Love it...

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

1. Mo Adams handled the lsu oline.  He is going to make some money on draft day. 

2.) Fumble recovery was huge

3.) Since Gus has been here the players have always played until the clock said zero. Even with us and the media wearing him out. They have always played for him and never quit. He has that gift to always get the players to play their hearts out no matter the situation. Love it...

On number 3 I am right there with you. That's why when I see folks hollering "Gus has lost this team" stuff I can't help but wonder WTH?

1) I know this is not 1 person, but the D as a whole played like men possessed.  From DL getting pressure on QB & hitting LF early.  The LB smacking LF in the mouth most every play and the DBs playing lights out.  Yes there were a few plays they took off, but as a whole for the whole game, this was the best performance I have seen out of AU against an SEC team in years.

2) I think the hit by KJ that knocked the safety back a couple of yards was the best play.  It showed that KJ is here to play and it energized the crowd.

3) The sack with < 1:00 left was the play that did it.  Without that sack they hit #15 who was WIDE OPEN in the endzone.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

3) The sack with < 1:00 left was the play that did it.  Without that sack they hit #15 who was WIDE OPEN in the endzone.

Good point on the open receiver.

Player most impressed with would be KJ. The more I see him, the more I like him. 

Best play would go to the Defense as a hole doing a pretty good job of tackling Fornette

Most important has to be the Sack, D-holding to a field goal a close second. 

Archived