AU Football All-Access Podcast: Has the offense turned a corner?.....

JMR

With the 688 yard explosion vs undermanned LaMo, is the progress of this AU offense real, or merely the counterfeit result of playing an inferior opponent? You'll only have to wait 5 days to get a clearer answer.

Auburn Football All-Access Podcast, Episode 129, Oct. 3, 2016

Details:

Join cohosts Coach John Ray and Doug Dean as they analyze the apparent progress made by the Auburn offense against an undermanned Louisiana-Monroe team in a 58-7 Auburn rout in which the Auburn offense rang up 688 total yards.

As Auburn sits at 3-2 heading into its first 2016 road test in Starkville, Mississippi, the looming question will be whether the Auburn offense's progress is real, or counterfeit results that were inflated by the inferior quality of the opponent.

Since the Tigers' defense is ranked 15th nationally in scoring defense, and continues to play swarming, sound ball, if Malzahn's offense - with play-calling now fully delegated to offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee - can make even incremental improvement in scoring and particularly red zone scoring, the second half to this 2016 season could become very interesting.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...uid=http://auburnfootballallaccess.com/?p=210
  • Like 1

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic

5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Coach, I may be the last person on earth that doesn't do iTunes so...any other way to get this?

It won't be on there until tomorrow or the next day but check this website: http://www.wareaglesportsradio.com

You can go to the website or download the android apk at Google Play Store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

It won't be on there until tomorrow or the next day but check this website: http://www.wareaglesportsradio.com

You can go to the website or download the android apk at Google Play Store.

Much thanks! When JR talks football, I wanna listen. 

War Eagle!

On edit...

Up on the site. Streaming it now. Thanks again!

Edited by CleCoTiger

59 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Much thanks! When JR talks football, I wanna listen. 

War Eagle!

On edit...

Up on the site. Streaming it now. Thanks again!

Ox, old friend, as '72 said, you can listen via War Eagle Sports Radio, but there are multiple podcast apps available for Android phones as well. A couple of good ones are Podcast Addict and Cast Box. It's a little surprising how so many  people in the Deep South are not"into" the whole podcast thing, as opposed to the West Coast and the Northeast, where almost everyone with a cell phone listens to some kind of podcast every day. When Will Woods approached me about doing an AU football show with him, I told him point blank, "I've never listened to one, don't even know what it's about, and nobody in this a part of the country is going to be interested in something called "podcast".  I wish I'd been more wrong.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JMR said:

Ox, old friend, as '72 said, you can listen via War Eagle Sports Radio, but there are multiple podcast apps available for Android phones as well. A couple of good ones are Podcast Addict and Cast Box. It's a little surprising how so many  people in the Deep South are not"into" the whole podcast thing, as opposed to the West Coast and the Northeast, where almost everyone with a cell phone listens to some kind of podcast every day. When Will Woods approached me about doing an AU football show with him, I told him point blank, "I've never listened to one, don't even know what it's about, and nobody in this a part of the country is going to be interested in something called "podcast".  I wish I'd been more wrong.

Thanks, JR.  The odd thing is that I am an old time computer geek, and I do mean a geek, but for some reason or another I just never got into the podcast thing. Heck, I have a Nexus 6 (all up to date with Android 7 Nougat as of this morning) and I don't take near the advantage of that I should either.

I listened to the stream from the website this morning, and I'm going to try and bring my geekness up to date and check out those apps.  Also, really enjoyed the show, coach! I like the measured way you go about your evaluations. It's almost like "Hold your horses on the offensive juggernaut, but signs are there that good things may be afoot." Also just all of it on every front. The Dampeer/Golson stuff was interesting. And I liked the observation about Leff at RT and Smith at guard beginning to come together also. Have to say I was a little skeptical of Leff before the season, but he seems to be holding his own.

Good stuff you have shared with us and I much appreciate it.

War Eagle!

Edited by CleCoTiger
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Thanks, JR.  The odd thing is that I am an old time computer geek, and I do mean a geek, but for some reason or another I just never got into the podcast thing. Heck, I have a Nexus 6 (all up to date with Android 7 Nougat as of this morning) and I don't take near the advantage of that I should either.

I listened to the stream from the website this morning, and I'm going to try and bring my geekness up to date and check out those apps.  Also, really enjoyed the show, coach! I like the measured way you go about your evaluations. It's almost like "Hold your horses on the offensive juggernaut, but signs are there that good things may be afoot." Also just all of it on every front. The Dampeer/Golson stuff was interesting. And I liked the observation about Leff at RT and Smith at guard beginning to come together also. Have to say I was a little skeptical of Leff before the season, but he seems to be holding his own.

Good stuff you have shared with us and I much appreciate it.

War Eagle!

Nice setup!  I'm a bit of a computer (and android) geek myself.  I'm still rockin' the venerable LG G3 but fully rooted and running Resurrection Remix / Android MM.  I haven't made the leap to Nougat yet.  I think I'll let some of the bugs work out first...  I LOVE the Marshmallow though...  

With that said, I fall under that catagory that Coach JR was talking about.  I listen to exactly 4 podcasts....... and all 4 of them are on the War Eagle Network, with Access Auburn being my favorite. HAHA!