What's left at each position & other notes (12/12/16)

ellitor

Solomon will sign with us. Good gut feeling on this one. This will spank Kirby's booty for flipping Bishop. After another 7-5 season in muttville in 2017, this will be the beginning of the end for Kirby. Look for UGA to join the ranks of Tennessee, USC east coast school, TAMU with mediocrity and will lose tons of great talent to us. 

On 12/12/2016 at 10:23 PM, ellitor said:

I don't know about all that. I just read, research, & try to put things together. I miss just like anyone else.

That's more than most of us do. We appreciate you passing along what you find out. A one stop shopping thread like this makes me feel like I got a round on the house. You rock, sir.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:42 PM, doc4aday said:

Solomon will sign with us. Good gut feeling on this one. This will spank Kirby's booty for flipping Bishop. After another 7-5 season in muttville in 2017, this will be the beginning of the end for Kirby. Look for UGA to join the ranks of Tennessee, USC east coast school, TAMU with mediocrity and will lose tons of great talent to us. 

Sounds good, but we have to beat them or nothing will change in recruiting. 

37 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Sounds good, but we have to beat them or nothing will change in recruiting. 

Exactly. We couldn't even beat them when they had one of their worst records in years and starting a true freshman. They have won at least 10 games 4-5 last years, and shouldn't have even gotten 7, if we had showed any offense in second half.

So no, I'm not thinking about what happens to Kirby at all, as of now, I only worry about our own problems. We have trouble beating them (Except for the Prayer in Jordan-Hare) regardless who the coach is. 

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Exactly. We couldn't even beat them when they had one of their worst records in years and starting a true freshman. They have won at least 10 games 4-5 last years, and shouldn't have even gotten 7, if we had showed any offense in second half.

So no, I'm not thinking about what happens to Kirby at all, as of now, I only worry about our own problems. We have trouble beating them (Except for the Prayer in Jordan-Hare) regardless who the coach is. 

All things will end soon enough and the world will be right again for Auburn football.

If T Moultry gets bumped to a 5 star rating, how much will we rise with this?

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If T Moultry gets bumped to a 5 star rating, how much will we rise with this?

I don't see him becoming a composite 5*. Requires too much of a jump by ESPN and they will not be at the all star game TD will be at.

In theory if he did jump to a composite 5* it would add 4 to 5 points to our total recruiting score.

Is the criteria the same currently as it was 5 years or so ago that determines the star rating of a player? It seems that is has gotten stricter in my opinion.

Thanks for all of great information that you share with all of us novice fans on the site!  I hope that you and your family with have a very Merry Christmas my friend!

On 12/23/2016 at 2:04 PM, doc4aday said:

Is the criteria the same currently as it was 5 years or so ago that determines the star rating of a player? It seems that is has gotten stricter in my opinion.

Thanks for all of great information that you share with all of us novice fans on the site!  I hope that you and your family with have a very Merry Christmas my friend!

It's purely a math formula of some kind.

After reviewing the list that E has so kindly put into this thread it looks like we are getting close to meeting our needs.

QB 1-2 Stidham

Miller - Done

RB 3 Mathews

Barrett

Williams - Done

WR 2 - Iggy need 1 more

TE 1   Cannella  - Done

FB 1 Still need one maybe Lasiter

OL 3-4 Ashley OT

Troxell OT

Brahms C

Looking for 1 more

DE 2 Alec Jackson need 1 more maybe Johnson or Bryant

DT 1 need 1 maybe Solomon

LB 3-4 Britt

Wooten

Moultry

Need 1 more maybe Taylor

S 2 Gonzalez (may play CB)

Peters

Might want 1 more Hunter

CB 3 Leonard

Askew

If we get Hunter  will probably be done as Gonzales might move to CB

22 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

After reviewing the list that E has so kindly put into this thread it looks like we are getting close to meeting our needs.

QB 1-2 Stidham

Miller - Done

RB 3 Mathews

Barrett

Williams - Done

WR 2 - Iggy need 1 more

TE 1   Cannella  - Done

FB 1 Still need one maybe Lasiter

OL 3-4 Ashley OT

Troxell OT

Brahms C

Looking for 1 more

DE 2 Alec Jackson need 1 more maybe Johnson or Bryant

DT 1 need 1 maybe Solomon

LB 3-4 Britt

Wooten

Moultry

Need 1 more maybe Taylor

S 2 Gonzalez (may play CB)

Peters

Might want 1 more Hunter

CB 3 Leonard

Askew

If we get Hunter  will probably be done as Gonzales might move to CB

Thanks for the post, i appreciate the positive tone you put out there. We are looking good as far as this class goes, we have already met some important needs for this year. Every year we swing and miss, but you just keep swinging in order for them to fall our way. I wish more would try to see the bright side instead of the dark side of things. Just saying.

Thanks but I basically just took what E has already provided and consolidated it with latest updates. E did all the real work.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Looks like up to 7 "needs" left. How many slots still open? 6 or 7 I think?

6 spots left. AU may not take another OL so that would leave 6 needs left.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW, I wouldn't count on A Williams qualifying. 

If he does then the staff is planning to not take another RB to replace him. They are specifically very, very high on Barrett.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If he does then the staff is planning to not take another RB to replace him. They are specifically very, very high on Barrett.

I agree on Barrett, but it seems like our coaches don't know on borderline academic recruits  til very late, which is too late to pick up a replacement unless it's a grad transfer.

35 minutes ago, autan said:

I agree on Barrett, but it seems like our coaches don't know on borderline academic recruits  til very late, which is too late to pick up a replacement unless it's a grad transfer.

No staff truly knows on borderline recruits til very late. Most are all aware through the process if a recruit has struggled in the class but knowing which way it will go will often happen late. The staff has known Alaric academic sitch for at least a year.

35 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

IF, I repeat, IF Ashley decommits, what kind of work would we have left to do on the offensive line.

Don't know. It has not been discussed by AU recruiting reporters.

Archived