Tenth Assistant coach talk (Merged)

Newbomb

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

auburnphan, who have you heard that be a possible candidate to be Auburn's 10th coach in Jan of 2018?

Leon Sandcastle has been mentioned by a few

22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

auburnphan, who have you heard that be a possible candidate to be Auburn's 10th coach in Jan of 2018?

@auburnphan

I had heard a couple names mentioned if the 10th coach was to be added immediately.  They have been mentioned in this thread.  However, with the additional coach being added next January there is no way to guess who it may be because there is no guarantee what coaches will still be here.

I think it really depends on if CGM choose to go offense or defense with the 10th assistant. Then we see which position he picks where we need the extra coach at. If offense at TE we could go after FSU - Tim Brewster he makes $370,00 and he kills it year on the recruiting trail. If defense at corner we could go after OSU - Kerry Coombs he makes $305,000 and has brought in most of OSU's big names the last several years. Plus OSU has had several high draft picks over his tenure.

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I think it really depends on if CGM choose to go offense or defense with the 10th assistant. Then we see which position he picks where we need the extra coach at. If offense at TE we could go after FSU - Tim Brewster he makes $370,00 and he kills it year on the recruiting trail. If defense at corner we could go after OSU - Kerry Coombs he makes $305,000 and has brought in most of OSU's big names the last several years. Plus OSU has had several high draft picks over his tenure.

or special teams? Holders need coaching too.

I think Tommy Tuberville should wait until Jacobs retires or gets fired then coach Tuberville slides into Auburn's AD office.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why not Thigpen or Greene?

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

or Rocker

Or any AU ex-player they make the best coaches!

• 7 months later...

I’m not saying that we could get him, but what do you guys think about Les Miles as Special Teams coach for our 10th assistant? He’s teams always had great Special Teams, they were always tough & well-prepared, and he wasn’t afraid to take chances in the kicking game. 

Take the checkbook to UGA, and do not come back until you have Dell McGee signed to a contract.

he then can coach & coach and coach whatever you want him too,

Kickers, ST, Waterboys, DB"s,

just make sure you get him

17 minutes ago, Roos said:

Take the checkbook to UGA, and do not come back until you have Dell McGee signed to a contract.

he then can coach & coach and coach whatever you want him too,

Kickers, ST, Waterboys, DB"s,

just make sure you get him

It could be argued that UGA’s waterboys were not a strong suit for them this year.  The angles they took in angling the water bottle to the players’ mouths were poor.

34 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m not saying that we could get him, but what do you guys think about Les Miles as Special Teams coach for our 10th assistant? He’s teams always had great Special Teams, they were always tough & well-prepared, and he wasn’t afraid to take chances in the kicking game. 

Don’t think so. Heard him on the radio trying to explain why he hasn’t been picked up and quite frankly, I can see why he’s not picked up yet. He rambled on and on and nobody even knew what he was talking about. 

I agree with Roos, give Dell McGee an offer that he can’t refuse. Our recruiting is good enough to hang with at least 110 different FBS teams but not enough to hang with the rivals. Time to show that we aren’t going to just let Georgia become the new king of the SEC without a fight. If money isn’t an issue, prove it. 

52 minutes ago, Roos said:

We, and he as well, might soon discover that recruiting Georgia kids to UGA and trying to get them to attend out-of-state Auburn are two very different challenges.

Archived