2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

thanks to a few if you on here, I was gonna be totally shocked if Asa went anywhere else.

He fills a huge need and I look forward to seeing him play.

I may have to drive over from Huntsville one Friday nite and watch him.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's already a good size at 200 lbs. I'm ok with adding 20 but only if it doesn't hurt his really good agility.

I probably bring up Kenny Irons a little bit too much, but just in terms of his frame Asa reminds me of Kenny.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I probably bring up Kenny Irons a little bit too much, but just in terms of his frame Asa reminds me of Kenny.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I do the same thing. Kenny Irons was such a special player and an extremely hard runner. Anytime I see a hard running RB, it instantly reminds me of Irons.

• Like 1

Man this BIGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never get kids from Decatur if the turds want them. Welcome to the family Asa. :wareagle::wareagle::wareagle:

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He reminds me of Cadillac and Kenny a little of both. Now those are 2 of the better rbs in Auburn history. His running style reminds me of them though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Something very much worth a read IMO...

At least he wrote Auburn University in the letter.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

He reminds me of Cadillac and Kenny a little of both. Now those are 2 of the better rbs in Auburn history. His running style reminds me of them though. 

Go crazy, Asa.

Yeah, I can get with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Oh geez really...? wonder how he feels about some of us saying he's not an every down back.

Probably wants to prove to those that they were wrong and I hope he does.  War Eagle and Welcome to the family.:wareagle:

Edited by AuburnNTexas

For those who don't think ASA can be an every down back. He is almost the prototypical back when you realize he is only 17 6' tall 195 pounds. Ideally we like backs in the 5'10-6'1" range and 215 to 225.  He has said he will be an early arrival so he will have all spring and summer in our strength and conditioning program .  I can easily see him putting on 8-10 pounds by fall.

With Chip I don't think we will feature a single back as he likes to spread the ball around and keep his RB's fresh and healthy. This is a great pickup

• Like 4

this guy will easily be playing at 225 when he is a sophomore ... it will be good weight and he won't lose a step.  I had the impression he was smaller.  Asa will be prototypical NFL size and will continue the long line of Auburn to NFL 1000 yard rushers.  War Eagle, baby!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Having hearing Asa commit to Auburn is an awesome way to get your day started. Welcome to the Auburn Family, Asa.

You're just now waking up at 2:30? Must be nice.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You're just now waking up at 2:30? Must be nice.

His body has been up since 7.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Happy "Boom" Thursday y'all and War Eagle Asa, welcome to the plains.  Agree with others, he reminds me of a Kenny Irons/Caddy hybrid.  He will fit just fine and we will exploit his talents on opposing D's for a long while.