2018 4* RB Asa Martin Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

Regarding Martin, I hear about the rumblings but I can't help but feel like we are being setup for another let down. Has happened too often last 8-10 years to not be gun shy. Hope I'm wrong.

I wish I had a rebuttal but I do not. This movie has been on a loop since saban arrived.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

Regarding Martin, I hear about the rumblings but I can't help but feel like we are being setup for another let down. Has happened too often last 8-10 years to not be gun shy. Hope I'm wrong.

There was a time it didn't though FWIW. Austin Troxell.

• Like 2

Well considering that alabama wants him and they have had a small lead for him for a while now (according to just about everyone), I think that most of us are probably going to take a wait and see approach on Thursday. Without having to look back through the pages - anyone know if he is an early enrollee? 

I've got good feelings for Thursday...he retweeted something where an AU person basically implied that he was going to Bama with a "war eagle anyways"...I feel that JUST MAYBE he's setting it up for shock value when he chooses AU.

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well considering that alabama wants him and they have had a small lead for him for a while now (according to just about everyone), I think that most of us are probably going to take a wait and see approach on Thursday. Without having to look back through the pages - anyone know if he is an early enrollee? 

Yes, he does plan on graduating in December and being an ee.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I agree that I never feel comfortable about a recruit from state that has a bama offer until he signs. This one looks good for us atm though. We shall see what happens. Yes we have beat state kids for UAT with Saban at the helm. Martin it looks like we will win outright though as he has a spot at uat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tru dat. Just seen this movie too many times to not be prepared for a Bammer ending. Hoping his AU fandom wins the day; that, plus what Chip is selling him since he'll be a much better fit in our offense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wish I had a rebuttal but I do not. This movie has been on a loop since saban arrived.

It's not the right timing for the rope a dope.  You don't play coaches with 6 months til signing day.  

43 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It's not the right timing for the rope a dope.  You don't play coaches with 6 months til signing day.  

I get it but that staff gets kids to do some stuff to portray us in a negative light every year. Last year it was Benton. Hope Mr. Martin isn't "that guy" this year. He's a player and I'd love to get him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

A certain kid played auburn until signing day. He silently committed and then told our coachest again night before signing day he was coming only to sign with bama. I have a hard time believing he changed his mind overnight. Ben Davis tried this game also. MW tried to play us for a while until we caught on with him early that same year. I think Asa is for real and not playing us because we have a few things going in our favor with him. I still worry because I have seen this alot with instate kids and bama. We will see Thursday though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

A certain kid played auburn until signing day. He silently committed and then told our coachest again night before signing day he was coming only to sign with bama. I have a hard time believing he changed his mind overnight. Ben Davis tried this game also. MW tried to play us for a while until we caught on with him early that same year. I think Asa is for real and not playing us because we have a few things going in our favor with him. I still worry because I have seen this alot with instate kids and bama. We will see Thursday though.

MW?

56 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Yeah, they aren't coming up with the idea to pull those shenanigans on their own. Those are marching orders coming down from the top. Classless but par for the course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Ben Davis tried this game also.

Hmmm. Everything I heard from every other AU source was BD was a straight up guy and handled his recruitment that way too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hmmm. Everything I heard from every other AU source was BD was a straight up guy and handled his recruitment that way too.

Ben wanted to go to AU. But the pressure put on the family was way too much to overcome. Was a bad situation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ben wanted to go to AU. But the pressure put on the family was way too much to overcome. Was a bad situation. 

Sad truth...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

BD was a nice kid that was never going anywhere but bama especially not AU. He didn't recruit actively for bama on his official but we wasted time recruiting him. Didn't hurt to give it a shot. I was not trying to lump him into the category of kids that played AU. He was never going anywhere but bama though. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

Yeah, they aren't coming up with the idea to pull those shenanigans on their own. Those are marching orders coming down from the top. Classless but par for the course.

You are right on some of the kids. I lumped Ben Davis in that category just because he was always going to bama. He never gave us a silent or anything like that. I was using him as an example of kids from state. His dad played at bama and holds records. He took an official visit here I believe the last weekend before signing day I may be wrong on that date though. I remember seeing him at the complex and at the stadium tour where they showed video on scoreboard. He handled his recruitment with class as E said but he was a silent to bama the whole time.

Edited by austudnt23