Former CIA Agent Explains Why He Resigned Because Of Trump

AUFAN78

Interesting story. Politically motivated or heartfelt and factual? What say you?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-21/former-cia-agent-explains-why-he-resigned-because-trump

It can be said that ' career bureaucrats ' have been a very large part of why we have failed, as a nation, on so many fronts. 

And most of the career bureaucrats are Democrats!!?

There are career bureaucrats from both political parties but I would bet the Intelligence services actually have a larger number of Republicans just like I would bet that the EPA has a larger number of Democrats. The Democrats blamed the Intelligence community for their hostility to Clinton I am sure if she had won a few of them might have quit. I have no way of knowing if politics played a part in his decision because you are in the Intelligence community does not mean you don't have political views. The fact that he felt like he had to go Public which CIA people almost never do is why I think it might have been political. It is very similar to where some Secret Service people went off on Hilary because they felt she did not treat them well. I also think that was a political act.

I am sure Trump alienated some in the Intelligence community by some of his comments as did Hilary by ignoring and then basically by getting away with what most in the Intelligence community considered criminal behavior. 

If I start to see a mass exodus of people from the intelligence community I will worry the same as I would have worried if Hilary had won and there was a mass exodus. One story about one person just means he doesn't like Trump and does not feel like he can work in an environment where Trump is president. It does not portend a total melt down.

It started with Obama Derangement Syndrome where conservatives tried to make a front page story about everything and has continued with Trump Derangement Syndrome where liberals try to make a front page story out of everything.  Maybe we all need to take a chill pill and not try and find the worst in somebody who has different political views we might find there are good people on both sides that we can work with if we stop putting up barriers.

I think this person reveals a fundamental problem with bureaucrats.  He refers to serving an "administration".  Too many bureaucrats have lost touch with the concept of serving the country, the people.

54 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Can you prove that?

Do a little research. Federal employees are almost solid Democrats as journalists.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I think this person reveals a fundamental problem with bureaucrats.  He refers to serving an "administration".  Too many bureaucrats have lost touch with the concept of serving the country, the people.

But subordinate to the administration. I see both versions. 

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Do a little research. Federal employees are almost solid Democrats as journalists.

No.  You made the claim.  You must prove it.  Now, you can add journalists to that as well.

43 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  You made the claim.  You must prove it.  Now, you can add journalists to that as well.

Federal employees should be democrats. If they support their own interests. 

On 2/21/2017 at 2:35 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Interesting story. Politically motivated or heartfelt and factual? What say you?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-21/former-cia-agent-explains-why-he-resigned-because-trump

Politically motivated.  Dude donated $5k to HRC campaign & Democrat party in August 2016.  WaPo "forgot" to include that little nugget in their story:  Principled Stances & stuff ... ...

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Federal employees should be democrats. If they support their own interests. 

How about their interest being the country first ? 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

How about their interest being the country first ? 

You mean like encouraging Putin to release information he has hacked from Hillary in our presidential campaign?

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You mean like encouraging Putin to release information he has hacked from Hillary in our presidential campaign?

If the truth comes from a source we don't like is it no longer the truth? Remember, homer, that the DNC and CNN fed questions to Hillary not once, but twice, during primary debates. DWS was removed as head of the DNC and placed where ? As Hillary's national campaign director. There are MANY things which the DNC did which it would have rather the public never find out, but because SOMEONE, maybe many different parties, got access to DNC e-mail info. Also,  we know all about other  things, like  ducks - on - the - ground, thanks to NON hacked methods as well. The corruption was widespread, deep, and I've not even touched on the Clinton Foundation scandal yet... 

* Trump was simply tweaking Hillary's nose w/ this, as well as the MSM , who were and continue to be completely on her side, as well as the side of any Leftist in govt. 

33 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

If the truth comes from a source we don't like is it no longer the truth? Remember, homer, that the DNC and CNN fed questions to Hillary not once, but twice, during primary debates. DWS was removed as head of the DNC and placed where ? As Hillary's national campaign director. There are MANY things which the DNC did which it would have rather the public never find out, but because SOMEONE, maybe many different parties, got access to DNC e-mail info. Also,  we know all about other  things, like  ducks - on - the - ground, thanks to NON hacked methods as well. The corruption was widespread, deep, and I've not even touched on the Clinton Foundation scandal yet... 

* Trump was simply tweaking Hillary's nose w/ this, as well as the MSM , who were and continue to be completely on her side, as well as the side of any Leftist in govt. 

Soliciting help from Russia in your presidential campaign is not putting the countries interests first no matter how you try to spin it.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:23 AM, homersapien said:

Soliciting help from Russia in your presidential campaign is not putting the countries interests first no matter how you try to spin it.

He didn't solicit anything. He was mocking the Left, mocking the Hillary campaign, who was and continues to use and  blame Russia for their own incompetence and shortcomings. 

Check this:  http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/01/27-percent-of-federal-employees-might-quit-if-trump-is-elected/

Guess I missed the new where these babies have actually quit.....wonder how many are on their way to Canada?

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

And what of the Democratic Party? Whose interests were they trying to advance? ;) 

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Check this:  http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/01/27-percent-of-federal-employees-might-quit-if-trump-is-elected/

Guess I missed the new where these babies have actually quit.....wonder how many are on their way to Canada?

No one with such a lack of  marketable skills as those who work for the federal gov't, with such lavish benefits , would dare walk away , if they had a lick of sense...but then, we ARE talking about Federal employees. :roflol: 

20 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

No one with such a lack of  marketable skills as those who work for the federal gov't, with such lavish benefits , would dare walk away , if they had a lick of sense...but then, we ARE talking about Federal employees. :roflol: 

How do you know that they do not possess "marketable skills"?  Everyone who has ever worked for the federal government is unemployable in the private sector?

Archived