2018 3* OG Kameron Stutts commits to AU!!!

RunInRed

3921948_46e025d919d545f9834ffb535a5c53d5
Kameron Stutts, OL (G)

Killen, AL
Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 312 | 40: 5.25

• 247Sports: 3* | Rivals: 3* | Scout: 4*
  • Offers: Auburn, Dartmouth, Duke, Iowa State, Jax State, Memphis, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Troy and Virginia Tech, among others.

"Their offensive line coach (Herb Hand) has been really nice to me and talking to me a lot," Stutts told AL.com last month. "It's a good football program, everybody knows that. It's a good school in general. It has a nice campus and (offers) a good education."

Edited by ellitor

BOOOOOOOOM~~~~ WOOOOOO~!!!!!!!! I love it! WAR EAGLE YOUNG MAN!

So far all I know about him is he gets trained by one of the greatest athletes to ever come out of Florence, a guy named Rayfield Ragland. Who actually played college basketball for Clemson under former Auburn men's basketball coach Cliff Ellis! Just some fun facts there.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 4

I'm surprised we took Stutts this early considering it appears we lead for Trey Hill.  Maybe coach hand sees something he likes or connects with.

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'm surprised we took Stutts this early considering it appears we lead for Trey Hill.  Maybe coach hand sees something he likes or connects with.

We likely don't lead for Trey. We are likely behind UGA & maybe FSU & Clemson too.

Edited by ellitor

Just now, corchjay said:

Thanks E.  Sorry I thought he said he wanted coach Hand to coach him.  I took that as we were leading.  

He did say that but doesn't mean we lead. Lol #TeenagerLogic

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He did say that but doesn't mean we lead. Lol #TeenagerLogic

Oh trust me.  I get it or well I hear it often.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Oh trust me.  I get it or well I hear it often.  

Some of the stuff you swear is made up. Sadly, its not.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

We likely don't lead for Trey. We are likely behind UGA & maybe FSU & Clemson too.

Hey Ellitor...Did you enjoy the A-Day game?  I like what I saw very much. A very different game than 2016. Anyhow, do you think Mr. Stutts will wind up as a solid 4 star OL come late next fall? How many OLs do you think we should sign and what are the position break downs? Thanks and keep up with the great evals you deliver to those like me far less in the know.

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor...Did you enjoy the A-Day game?

Didn't get to watch it live. I'm security in the press box.

13 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

do you think Mr. Stutts will wind up as a solid 4 star OL come late next fall?

Don't know. I'm not a talent evaluator. Besides, stars for individual recruits don't mean much.

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

How many OLs do you think we should sign and what are the position break do

Don't have an opinion on that either. I just know as of now the staff plans to take 4 OL, 2 OTs & 2 Inside guys.

OL commit explains timing of his decision

Just before kickoff Saturday, Kameron Stutts made it official.

He hinted during his March visit that a commitment — likely to Auburn — was imminent. When he started his trek to Auburn for A-Day, he alerted Gus Malzahn and Herb Hand that he felt on the verge of an announcement.

“We talked about it in the car. I told coach Malzahn and coach Hand on the way up here. I talked to coach Malzahn when I got here. I just let him know,” Malzahn said. “They were just really excited about it. They were really excited.”

DSC_0384_oxwxlm.jpg
Auburn OL commit Kameron Stutts (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Stutts had other schools he felt highly about, including Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss and Missouri. But when it came down to it, the offensive lineman from Brooks High School (Ala.) always had a different feeling about Auburn.

When that sensation lingered following the March junior day, Stutts knew there was no sense in waiting.

“The first time I came up here, I said you just sort of know when it’s the right place. Every time I come up here, it’s just the right people, the right place. The coaches really show me love. I just really appreciate it. I just felt it,” Stutts said. “When you go somewhere, you either get a good or a bad feeling. If that feeling stays with you, you know it’s a special place. If it stays with you after, then you know that’s probably where you belong. Whenever I came here, it always felt that way.”

• Like 3

I know a lot of people are questioning why take a commitment from a 3* this early but look at the kid's offer list.  There were plenty of schools that were going after this kid.  Could very likely be that the recruiting services just haven't evaluated him enough.  Either way, welcome to The Family Mr Stutts!

• Like 2

On April 9, 2017 at 9:51 AM, corchjay said:

Kid is a road grader. Still raw but never takes a snap off. Great pickup IMO. And I think his stock will rise significantly this year. 

• Like 2

One thing about Gus is he doesn't have a lot of recruits that don't make it in the classroom.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2017 at 3:28 PM, augolf1716 said:

Well he's certainly big enough

Great observation numb nuts!

Guess who that was an impersonation of golf!

• Like 1