14 years with a draft pick

GwillMac6

To be fair, I can get why people would not want NS since he is crimson. I can get that. I am a huge Carolina Panther fan and CM admirer. People do NOT like him because of his AU days, no matter how much of a contribution he has made since then. Ok, I can handle that, but I also understand their opinion of him will be skewed. But we got people bringing up NS daughter, which has no relevance to the discussion, or even NS as a person. Then, in the same breath, willing to say the people in orange and blue are likened to children when they make mistakes....SMH. Sometimes just take off the Orange and Blue goggles...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I stand by what I said. I'd rather be a middle of the road football team than have my Alma Mater represented at the highest level by a reprehensible human being.

Looks like you are getting exactly what you want lionheartkc!  Auburn has a middle of the road football team represented by what appears to be a decent human being.  Now let's see if his decency is enough for our Administration to cool their heels and remove him from the uncomfortably warm seat he's been on since 2015.

I'm not quite sure why you put in overtime hours during football season defending, reconciling and explaining the very middle of the road coaching we've seen over the past couple of years?  And why you have a lengthy explanation/defense for Gus in the wake of the 2017 NFL draft where Auburn turned in another mediocre to down right poor showing?

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Ummmm... that's not what projecting means

So your entire basis for morality is the American Penal Code? Then, my friend, we are all not worth saving, because I bet there is not one person in here who hasn't run afoul of the law.  After all, traffic violations, parking tickets, heck jaywalking is, in fact, a crime, and I would bet big money that Nick and Urban haven't avoided those moral stumbling blocks. As for other transgressions that reach the condemable heights of buying stolen goods... how would you know what they have done?  They have had longs lives and, yes, they were both even college kids at one point. For all you know both could have spent several nights in jail because of the dumb bravado of their youth... and no one knows what they may or may not have done that hasn't been made public. Did you do full background checks before making that claim?

As for my friend @McLoofus... I agree with him. Children are a product of their parents. Saban is definitely NOT father of the year.

Bottom line and I will move on. Morality is not a measure of how many mistakes one has made, but how one responds to those mistakes. No one is without fault in their lives, but some choose to learn from their transgressions and be a better person. Others wear them like a badge of honor and use them as a source of power over others. I'll leave it to you to determine which of those is displaying true morality.

You are all over the place. My whole basis is everyone is FLAWED. CN is flawed because he was willing to buy a stolen laptop and try to rid himself of it. NS is flawed as well. I don't need to do a background to figure that out. What you and McLoofus fail to grasp is the willingness to look at one transgression and point the finger, but overlook another on the basis of them being AU men. Yes, CHILDREN are products of their parents. However, we are talking about GROWN ADULTS. If you cannot decipher between the two than we have bigger issues. To fault a parent for the actions of their ADULT offspring is a very much flawed assessment. Of course, NS not being father of the year in your opinion is neither here nor there. There was absolutely no point in bringing that up.

Agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

all over the place

He/She's like a goal post on an assembly line.

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

Looks like you are getting exactly what you want lionheartkc!  Auburn has a middle of the road football team represented by what appears to be a decent human being.  Now let's see if his decency is enough for our Administration to cool their heels and remove him from the uncomfortably warm seat he's been on since 2015.

I realize you are frustrate, Kessler, but a perennial top 25 team who has visited the National Championship game twice in the past 7 years is very, very far from middle of the road. Perhaps it would do your happiness levels well to adjust your perspective.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

:bow:

The sensitivity and emotions have allowed hypocrisy to take over rational thought.

Nick Saban stepped over a convulsed player over a decade ago, he is evil........Urban Meyer faked a heart attack over 7 yrs ago and quit his job to focus on family, he is low character.  Oh the horrors of these devil coaches.:-\

http://www.thephinsider.com/2011/12/9/2623356/former-miami-dolphins-coach-nick-saban-steps-over-jeno-james

here is a link to this story with all parties involved . Dick move by Saban to not check on his player at the time of need , however read the whole article , particularly the words of Jeno James at the end.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I realize you are frustrate, Kessler, but a perennial top 25 team who has visited the National Championship game twice in the past 7 years is very, very far from middle of the road. Perhaps it would do your happiness levels well to adjust your perspective.

While I think both sides to this argument are right.

Yes, in the last 7 years we have won 2 SEC championships, played in 2 NCs and won 1. That is more than what we had in the last 50 years...

But.....In those other years we HAVE been middle of the road or less. We have a 26-25 record in those other years. 

That is not how we want to show a continuing successful program..especially since we have had top 10 recruiting years, even though we have not been a consistent top 10 team in the rankings...

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

But.....In those other years we HAVE been middle of the road or less. We have a 26-25 record in those other years. 

Again... not middle of the road. There are 128 teams in the FBS and most of them wish they had that record, especially against our opponents. It's all a matter of perspective.

Now you could argue all day that it's not good enough, not what you expect from an SEC caliber staff, not what you expect for their salaries, etc, but really all you are doing is making yourself miserable, when you could be reveling in the fact that, most schools wish they were Auburn, and there is no better place in the college football world.

Is a .500 record in those not SEC championship years not middle of the road? I thought only winning half of your games basically made your team a middle inf the road team...The numbers are just facts..))

And I don't care about those other schools..Auburn should be better than glad they were 26-25 in those years...

We land amongst the stars every 4-5 years but we are very average in between those years. It pains me mightily to say it. Luckily for us it's about that time again.

Also, I know I'm late here but this board during the Tubs era would've freaking exploded if we recruited and brought on guys like Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Duke Williams, etc. Lol I remember many people thinking we gave Tray Blackmon an appropriate punishment for underage drinking by suspending him SIX GAMES. The board had a much stronger focus on morality back then. Or maybe we just beat our chests about having significantly lower behavioral issues than our opponents during that stretch because we could at that point in time.

36 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We land amongst the stars every 4-5 years but we are very average in between those years. It pains me mightily to say it. Luckily for us it's about that time again.

Also, I know I'm late here but this board during the Tubs era would've freaking exploded if we recruited and brought on guys like Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, Duke Williams, etc. Lol I remember many people thinking we gave Tray Blackmon an appropriate punishment for underage drinking by suspending him SIX GAMES. The board had a much stronger focus on morality back then. Or maybe we just beat our chests about having significantly lower behavioral issues than our opponents during that stretch because we could at that point in time.

Well, we could beat our chests about everything back then, Tubs was kicking uat's ass consistently (6 straight) & whipping lsu/uga/fla's ass regularly.  AU could afford to suspend a player for 6 games over underage drinking when your in-state rival was in the depths of NCAA probation.  You can gain pleasure and crow about strict discipline and low behavioral issues all day long until your in-state rival reels off 5 conference championships and 4 national titles in 8 years. :banghead:

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, we could beat our chests about everything back then, Tubs was kicking uat's ass consistently (6 straight) & whipping lsu/uga/fla's ass regularly.  AU could afford to suspend a player for 6 games over underage drinking when your in-state rival was in the depths of NCAA probation.  You can gain pleasure and crow about strict discipline and low behavioral issues all day long until your in-state rival reels off 5 conference championships and 4 national titles in 8 years. :banghead:

Tubs kind of set the tone early... kicked off a starter in Magwood before his first season when we were already razor thin at DL.  I'm sure that wasn't the easiest thing to do.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

YUP!!! Also all the good behavior in the world doesn't mean squat during performance evaluations when the W-L record is subpar.

Gonna try and start posting more on the board. Life's been crazy lately. Didn't know where else to put this but felt like I needed to lol. 

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gonna try and start posting more on the board. Life's been crazy lately. Didn't know where else to put this but felt like I needed to lol. 

Glad to hear it, Clayton. Hope things are crazy in an okay way. 

1 hour ago, AubTigers said:

Auburn has had 269 players drafted in its history. That's only #23 on the all time list. It'll probably never be a program that gets a lot of players drafted on a yearly basis.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/n_college/college_n/

Many thanks for the reference.

AU has gotten somebody drafted only slightly over 90% of the years in the history (>1937) presented.

Current consecutive streak is only third (after 25 from 1977-2005, and 21 from 1955-1975, but ahead of 10 from 1937-1946) but is, at least, ongoing.

21 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Welcome back.

'Course you know what you're coming' back to.

It was very sad to see only 4 Auburn Tigers get drafted while other teams like Clemson and UAT have 8 to 10. Has our football program dropped that far down in the last 4 years.

44 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It was very sad to see only 4 Auburn Tigers get drafted while other teams like Clemson and UAT have 8 to 10. Has our football program dropped that far down in the last 4 years.

Nope

Archived