Several week 1 times announced

AUwent

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/espnabc_releases_sec_football.html?platform=hootsuite

So they've announced most of the start times for week 1, but not our game. I also noticed there's no mention of the 2:30 CBS slot. I know it says CBS sports but that's technically not the same thing. So has CBS gone back to waiting till week 3, or are we going to be on CBS week 1?

• WarTiger changed the title to Several week 1 times announced

I thought CBS did not start their "game of the week" until the 3rd week of the season and it was an SEC-SEC match-up.  I could be wrong, but that is what I thought.

CBS has had the Chic-fil-A kickoff game the past two years, but it looks like they elected not to broadcast a week 1 game this year.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:20 PM, AUwent said:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/espnabc_releases_sec_football.html?platform=hootsuite

So they've announced most of the start times for week 1, but not our game. I also noticed there's no mention of the 2:30 CBS slot. I know it says CBS sports but that's technically not the same thing. So has CBS gone back to waiting till week 3, or are we going to be on CBS week 1?

The article only covers ESPN, ESPN 2, & ABC scheduling. CBS made their schedule & announced it yesterday. Since there are no home SEC games in week 1 worth a damn CBS is passing on week 1...

2017 SEC On CBS football schedule announced

The 2017 SEC On CBS Football Schedule was officially announced on Tuesday. CBS Sports coverage of the SEC begins on Saturday, Sept. 9 with TCU at Arkansas at 3:30pm ET.

The SEC On CBS schedule in 2017 features a total of 18 games, four of which were announced today — TCU at Arkansas (Sept. 9, 3:30pm ET), Tennessee at Florida (Sept. 16, 3:30pm ET), Georgia-Florida (Oct. 28, 3:30pm ET), and Missouri at Arkansas (Friday, Nov. 24, 2:30pm ET).

CBS will broadcast three SEC football doubleheaders. On Saturday, Nov. 4 there will be 3:30 and 8:00 games. On Saturday, Nov. 11 and Saturday, Nov. 18, there will be noon and 3:30 games.

All remaining SEC On CBS games will be announced six-to-12 days prior to the date of the game.

2017 SEC On CBS Football Schedule

Saturday, Sept. 9
TCU at Arkansas – 3:30pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 16
Tennessee at Florida – 3:30pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 23
SEC Game of the Week – 3:30pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 30

Saturday, Oct. 7

Saturday, Oct. 14

Saturday, Oct. 21

Saturday, Oct. 28
Georgia vs. Florida (Jacksonville, FL) – 3:30pm ET

Saturday, Nov. 4
SEC Game of the Week #1 – 3:30pm ET
SEC Game of the Week #2 – 8:00pm ET

Saturday, Nov. 11
SEC Game of the Week #1 – Noon ET
SEC Game of the Week #2 – 3:30pm ET

Saturday, Nov. 18
SEC Game of the Week #1 – Noon ET
SEC Game of the Week #2 – 3:30pm ET

Friday, Nov. 24
Missouri at Arkansas – 2:30pm ET

Saturday, Nov. 25

Saturday, Dec. 2
SEC Championship Game – 4:00pm ET

On 5/30/2017 at 1:00 PM, GBAU83 said:

I thought CBS did not start their "game of the week" until the 3rd week of the season and it was an SEC-SEC match-up.  I could be wrong, but that is what I thought.

It used to be but that was only because they had the US Open Tennis tourney those Saturdays til the past couple of years when ESPN got that contract.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:28 PM, AubTigers said:

CBS has had the Chic-fil-A kickoff game the past two years, but it looks like they elected not to broadcast a week 1 game this year.

Yes in 2015. No in 2016. The UNC-UGA game was on ESPN. CBS can only televize a game at a neutral site when the SEC is the designated home team. We were the designated home team in 2015 so CBS could have the game. Even though the SEC in is the game every year they are often the designated road team recently. They don't alternate it every year like you'd think they would. Alabama is the designated road team when they play FSU this year in the game for example.

Archived