Post a picture

This thread is great and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. 

The Aegean Sea taken from Çeşme, Turkey this past summer:20170703_210439.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This thread is great and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. 

The Aegean Sea taken from Çeşme, Turkey this past summer:20170703_210439.jpg

Holy crap! Nice! Turkey has always been on my list. How was it? My dad was stationed there right after my folks got married, when they were practically kids. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Holy crap! Nice! Turkey has always been on my list. How was it? My dad was stationed there right after my folks got married, when they were practically kids. 

Nice! Do you know where your dad was stationed? Turkey is great I take a trip once a year or 18 months or so to visit family, as I'm half Turkish. I always have a great time, unfortunately media here perceives Turkey as being full of deserts and camels which is inaccurate but I have an amazing time at the beaches of Çeşme (clear water beaches are amazing) and going out in Istanbul and Izmir is always a blast...and the women!!!! Some of the most naturally beautiful woman can be found there in my opinion. Unfortunately the current president is attempting to de-modernize the country which hurts my heart a little bit.

OK I didn't mean to get that deep into it my bad lol

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Nice! Do you know where your dad was stationed? Turkey is great I take a trip once a year or 18 months or so to visit family, as I'm half Turkish. I always have a great time, unfortunately media here perceives Turkey as being full of deserts and camels which isn't inaccurate but I have an amazing time at the beaches of Çeşme (clear water beaches are amazing) and going out in Istanbul and Izmir is always a blast...and the women!!!! Some of the most naturally beautiful woman can be found there in my opinion. Unfortunately the current president is attempting to de-modernize the country which hurts my heart a little bit.

OK I didn't mean to get that deep into it my bad lol

No way man. I think this is one of the threads where it's safe and encouraged to have a real conversation. Very cool that you're half Turkish! Yeah, it's a shame about the perception in the West. And silly. I'm pretty sure that Istanbul is the only major city in the world that is on 2 continents. It's quite literally East meeting West. I think Dad was stationed in Izmir. They have some cool stories, like buying our dog Shanzie off the back of some motorcycle out in the desert. They fell in love with the food and, as a result, so have I. And I can only imagine about the women. Again with that East meets West thing. (I'm sure the men are very handsome, too.)

If and when I finally get to go, I know who to talk to for tips! And I look forward to more pics.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

No way man. I think this is one of the threads where it's safe and encouraged to have a real conversation. Very cool that you're half Turkish! Yeah, it's a shame about the perception in the West. And silly. I'm pretty sure that Istanbul is the only major city in the world that is on 2 continents. It's quite literally East meeting West. I think Dad was stationed in Izmir. They have some cool stories, like buying our dog Shanzie off the back of some motorcycle out in the desert. They fell in love with the food and, as a result, so have I. And I can only imagine about the women. Again with that East meets West thing. (I'm sure the men are very handsome, too.)

If and when I finally get to go, I know who to talk to for tips! And I look forward to more pics.

Yeah I think you're right about this thread.  Oh,  yeah the bridge joining Europe and Asia is a sight to see. İzmir is where my family from, that's really cool your dad was stationed there. Yes sir let me know if you plan on going and I can provide some insight! 

That's too funny about Shanzie. Man now I'm hungry for some Turkish food! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

A rare snow in Trussville. 

OMkQWcW.jpg

xSt9Y16.jpg

5mnxXWk.jpg

Reminds me of years ago in the Bham area. Snow day meant no one could make to work. Everything shut down. Most of the younger crowd could find a way to make it to the bars on Southside though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Reminds me of years ago in the Bham area. Snow day meant no one could make to work. Everything shut down. Most of the younger crowd could find a way to make it to the bars on Southside though.

I'm going in as soon as my dad gets here to sit the girls. 

Still coming down.

Ifbd92p.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Said it before and worth saying' again:

Mobile-area drivers on icy roads are better'n television.

Entertainment, however, that is best taken in from a second-story window. Do not get in there amongst'em.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My pops waving his flag next to his Toomer’s oak in central MS.

0FED0985-34CE-4BC4-8C69-D08C1D918D18.jpeg

Oh wow. I live in the lowcountry now. I could easily grow a live oak here. I wonder if these can still be had...

Edit: Sure are. Don't think I'll be dropping $1500 on one of the originals but maybe one of the clones...

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I hope you are going to the bars and not work

Hah. Nope. At Children's as we speak. Think the VP of Ops has given us the go ahead to shut the shop early though. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh wow. I live in the lowcountry now. I could easily grow a live oak here. I wonder if these can still be had...

Edit: Sure are. Don't think I'll be dropping $1500 on one of the originals but maybe one of the clones...

Not to cut in on the AU Forestry school’s bidness, but I should be able to supply some seed before too much longer. 

Seeds, from the tree...acorns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Almost had a "phrasing" moment there, huh?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Not to cut in on the AU Forestry school’s bidness, but I should be able to supply some seed before too much longer. 

First genuine lol of the day. NICELY DONE, SIR.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Live oaks notoriously 

take awhile.

• Like 1

The coolest reading corner in the UNIVERSE...:Sing:

20171128_134409.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Times two...

20171128_134347.jpg

20171128_134326.jpg

• Like 2