KJ injury update?

thaitopher

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking forward to seeing KJ even more than Kam in this offense! Hamms can be very tricky, especially with his injury history. His versatility will be missed against ClemsuX  on Saturday. I still see us leaving "Death Valley" with the W! :bananadance::jossun::wareagle:

8 minutes ago, Aubiewood said:

I'm sure Gus will let us in on all the deets very soon.....

BWAAAAAHAHAAAHAAAHAAA

"Day to day"

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Big Kj fan. Very underrated Rb.. love that guy.. we need him as soon as he is available. He does so much

I'm not so sure he's as underrated as he just can't stay on the field long enough to get the recognition that he should. 

43 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So again, are there any positions on offense we're deep at?

I would still say deep at WR, we are 4 deep at outside receivers and 4 deep at slot receivers (counting Sal at outside, KDavis as a Big Slot). And RB, Pettway and Pettway 2.0 in Malik Miller. Kerryon and Kam Martin showed they can play. DBarrett as good of a #5 back as any team in the country.

I hope the coaches get Malik Miller ready because we will  need someone besides KP to run between the the tackles and I don't think Martin can do it  and keep  the ball with him.

Nothing official has been released, but it sure does look like a hamstring strain. I'd expect this to be an aggravating injury all year, but 3-4 weeks to be able to go full speed. 

Have to wait for player to release info before any update from the coaches, but I would expect that later today. 

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Big Kj fan. Very underrated Rb.. love that guy.. we need him as soon as he is available. He does so much

I think he has a lot of talent. He has never been able to get past the injury bug though....

Have to be able to sub in the RB's more frequently, rather than giving them 16-20 carries each before the next one comes in.  Hurrying up and running a back up the middle just after he's run for 60 yards has GOT to stop. 

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Have to be able to sub in the RB's more frequently, rather than giving them 16-20 carries each before the next one comes in.  Hurrying up and running a back up the middle just after he's run for 60 yards has GOT to stop. 

Maybe you missed the GT QB running the ball 40 times and playing almost the entire game.  If there is a problem, which I doubt there is, it is conditioning.  If a player isn't ready to go, he can raise his hand and come out of the game.

1 minute ago, LakeBum said:

Maybe you missed the GT QB running the ball 40 times and playing almost the entire game.  If there is a problem, which I doubt there is, it is conditioning.  If a player isn't ready to go, he can raise his hand and come out of the game.

Not saying it can't be done, or they aren't in shape. I'm sure they are. I'm saying it may not be the wisest decision to run a guy up the gut who just sprinted for 60 yds.  Leave him in for a blocking assignment, or fake it to him if you feel you need to HUNH. Otherwise, get some fresh legs in the game for a play or two, and get him back in the game. 

If that QB for GT continues to run the ball 40 times/game, he won't last very long. 

Honestly I'd expect him to sit but be "available" vs Clemson. If we can get by without using him and no need for him next week that will be huge.

22 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

Maybe you missed the GT QB running the ball 40 times and playing almost the entire game.

I sure did. Boxscore shows he had 23 carries for 16 yards for the game.  KJ had 16 carries before the middle of the 2nd quarter.  KJ could be fine with around 20 carries for the entire game.  Now if we had John Riggins, Larry Csonka, Jerome Bettis, et al back there, I'd be good with getting them 40 spread out carries a game.

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I sure did. Boxscore shows he had 23 carries for 16 yards for the game.  KJ had 16 carries before the middle of the 2nd quarter.  KJ could be fine with around 20 carries for the entire game.  Now if we had John Riggins, Larry Csonka, Jerome Bettis, et al back there, I'd be good with getting them 40 spread out carries a game.

Not sure what boxscore you read!  It started reminding me of Tre Mason in the 2013 SEC Championship Game. 

3 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

Not sure what boxscore you read!  It started reminding me of Tre Mason in the 2013 SEC Championship Game. 

DOH!  I read that as the GSU QB not the GT QB since we didn't play them. @Mike4AU posted the correct stats.

Whispers say that he is still day-to-day. I would expect him to be a No-Go for the next few weeks. But early mobilization is the key to treatment now-adays, so he is up and about but sore.  

If we were in the NFL his status would be "doubtful" for this weekend.  Course, heard that for Marlon too, and he played quite a bit Saturday, go figure.

Archived